Elem PvP - Can Not Get Hit Capped?!?

I have 263 Hit Rating (~10% Hit Chance) on my Draenei Shaman, the +1% Hit Aura (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=6562) and +3% hit from Elem Precision (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=30674).

My spells (Flame Shock or Totems usually) MISS against Blood Elves, especially Retri Paladins.

Retri Paladins can get (Chance to be Missed by Spells) 4% from Talent + 2% from Racial.
    Coupled with the standard 4% Spell Miss Chance, that is a total of 10% Chance to be Missed.
    I have a total of 14% Chance to Hit.

So can anyone please tell me, why the F*CK do my Spells MISS in PvP against Blood Elf/Retri Pala???

Re: Elem PvP - Can Not Get Hit Capped?!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89
    I have 263 Hit Rating (~10% Hit Chance) on my Draenei Shaman, the +1% Hit Aura (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=6562) and +3% hit from Elem Precision (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=30674).

My spells (Flame Shock or Totems usually) MISS against Blood Elves, especially Retri Paladins.

Retri Paladins can get (Chance to be Missed by Spells) 4% from Talent + 2% from Racial.
    Coupled with the standard 4% Spell Miss Chance, that is a total of 10% Chance to be Missed.
    I have a total of 14% Chance to Hit.

So can anyone please tell me, why the F*CK do my Spells MISS in PvP against Blood Elf/Retri Pala???
    Spell penetration. You need between 70 and 120. How much you get is up to you, most get around 75.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Spell Penetration is against Spell Resistance. Spells get RESISTED without Spell Penetration.

I am talking about Hit Chance. Spells MISS when not ''Hit Capped''.

Having a spell MISS has nothing to do with Spell Penetration...

Spell Penetration is against Spell Resistance. Spells get RESISTED without Spell Penetration.

I am talking about Hit Chance. Spells MISS when not ''Hit Capped''.

Having a spell MISS has nothing to do with Spell Penetration...
    Well perhaps you misread miss and resist. Otherwise, I have absolutely no idea. 14% hit is clearly enough for pvp. The hit cap in pvp as you said is 4% without any other things added into the equation.

I don't know if totems are affected by our stats though, so that may be why totems can miss.
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

hit chance for pvp is ... 5%

I have heard that the Blood Elf's 2% chance to be missed RACIAL can NOT be affected by Hit Rating/Chance.

As in, that there will always be a 2% miss chance for Spells against Blood Elves.

However i am not sure, is this true?

I have heard that the Blood Elf's 2% chance to be missed RACIAL can NOT be affected by Hit Rating/Chance.

As in, that there will always be a 2% miss chance for Spells against Blood Elves.

No idea, but it very well could be. Best suggestion would be to try the official forums for a blue response.

Sacred Cleansing will cause spells to "miss" so, there ya go.

this would be correct, spell miss due to talents and racials cannot be overcome

Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Re: Elem PvP - Can Not Get Hit Capped?!?

Does anyone have any official information about this?
    Something that is definite proof that Racials cant be countered with Hit Rating?

Deleted

It is spell penetration.

You'll never see a spell say Resist. It just not going to happen.

If you do not have at least 75 Spell Penetration (I would go for 130 for hardcap). You will see spell "missing", it will show in logs, it will show as a miss on your screen, but in fact they are resists.

Quote Originally Posted by Woddy
    It is spell penetration.

You'll never see a spell say Resist. It just not going to happen.

If you do not have at least 75 Spell Penetration (I would go for 130 for hardcap). You will see spell "missing", it will show in logs, it will show as a miss on your screen, but in fact they are resists.
    /FACEPALM......
    Spells very much do RESIST on targets like Arcane Mages...
    God.... at least CHECK your info before posting anything.

If you do not believe me, go duel a PvP Specced Arcane Mage with mage armor and see the RESISTED spam over your screen (if you dont have 130 Spell Penetration).

I am talking about Spells MISSING and Hit Chance/Rating....

Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle
    hit chance for pvp is ... 5%
    That's melee hit.

i'd go with this i have about 16% hit in pvp(using pve gear etc my choice to play like this)

i get misses only against BE paladins so i guess its some kind of bug with them, its very rare of course but yeh.

and lol at the idiots posting about spell penetration, go read the ingame help guide or something u might learn something instead of posting crap.

Resistance can be obtained from buffs, potions, certain class talents, and gear. Racial abilities no longer grant magical resistance and instead grant a percentage chance to miss, as indicated by the table to the right. This chance to miss is added to the spell hit roll, and will not contribute to the non-binary damage mitigation.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Resistance

This, This is the exact reason, YOU CANNOT OVERCOME THE RACIAL MISS ! 4% is for spell casters.

Quote Originally Posted by atimuscalamity
    This, This is the exact reason, YOU CANNOT OVERCOME THE RACIAL MISS ! 4% is for spell casters.
    So basically, if I as a frost mage fight a dwarf (2% frost resist) I could have 500+ hit and I'd still miss 2% ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    So basically, if I as a frost mage fight a dwarf (2% frost resist) I could have 500+ hit and I'd still miss 2% ?
    Yeah. Although it is fair IMO, since their only other useful defensive racial is stoneform, which doesn't do anything against casters. Same way dodge isn't OP on night elves and "magic dodge" isn't OP on blood elves.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

I smell troll.

Deleted

Do a little research before you post.
    From wowwiki:
    " Blood Elf
    * Magic Resistance : Reduces the chance you will be hit by spells by 2%. "

http://www.wowwiki.com/Racial_trait

This also applys to the other racials who have the chance to hit reduced for certain scholls of magic.