Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Off spec healing.

Just curious....

Blizzard seems happy with the idea that all Paladins have SOME capability to heal and seem happy with the current level of healing by off spec even if they are reducing its relative value.

But should the offspecs heal? And if so, should they get their own talented healing options?

For example:

Ret
    Healing Vortex: A Blast of light that heals all friendly targets in front of the caster for X. Does not heal the caster.

Prot:
    Hallowed ground: Your Consecration spell will now heal friendly targets within its radius for X% of its damage.

Holy
    Holy Bolt 2.5s CD no CD
    Deals X damage to the target and heals friendly targets along is fligthpath for 10% of the damage done.

Or whatever unique ideas other people have. Or is even the planned healing by offspec too much, even if it is going to be relatively reduced? Does it add too much survivability? Too much utility?

EJL

Re: Off spec healing.

I highly doubt they'd go that far to make off spec healing viable;
    Just give them the stats necessary to do it, around the minimum requirements for 5 mans probably Heroics to some extent as well

&Lol at giving ret an AoE heal before Holy
    Holy Bolt being a bit clunky and seems like a very weak heal... or very high damage. Though, yes numbers can change
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Those are raptors. Raptors are not fish.
    Get out of the water, raptor. You can not breathe there.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by JSeilaS
    I highly doubt they'd go that far to make off spec healing viable;
    Just give them the stats necessary to do it, around the minimum requirements for 5 mans probably Heroics to some extent as well

&Lol at giving ret an AoE heal before Holy
    Holy Bolt being a bit clunky and seems like a very weak heal... or very high damage. Though, yes numbers can change
    I'm really just curious what paladins think about this. As for the "suggestiosn"...they were simply ideas to show whatCOULD be doen if Blizzard were to give Paladisn some sort of healing..so prot got the ever popular "Healing Consecration" while Ret got a short ranged AoE heal that didn't affect them and Holy go an offensive spammable tool that offered some limited healing potential. No greata ideas...but just enough, i think, to illustrate what I'm trying to get an opinion on.

EJL

Enhance shammies & rets already get some nice healing functionality from instant cast heals that come at a cost of dps. It would be daft to give them an entire new healing spell that the healing trees couldn't access - it would be like giving the healing trees special dps spells which the dps trees couldn't access.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache
    Art of War with Sheat of Light can heal for a lot.
    A paladin healer with Judgement of the Wise is fun, you provide your own mana ánd you give replenishment.
    Touched by the Light also makes your heals very huge.. (Holy spec crits for 20k and so does prot, but prot has a higher crit chance )

The 'problem' is that you still need holy gear.
    So tbh I don't know what you mean, as long as they have holy gear paladins can do some nice healing.. Even in offspecs.
    If you're Ret and are doing Dungeons, you can heal in Ret gear with a decent tank- Run SoW, and Divine Storm on a group of 4 mobs and instantly get back 25% mana.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    If you're Ret and are doing Dungeons, you can heal in Ret gear with a decent tank- Run SoW, and Divine Storm on a group of 4 mobs and instantly get back 25% mana.
    Also, depending on the nature of the instance and the tank's gear... I did heroic UK with a feral druid tank, and in the end it turned out that I had done more healing than the actual healer, who had intentionally held back just to see what JoL+Divine Storm would do.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret
    Also, depending on the nature of the instance and the tank's gear... I did heroic UK with a feral druid tank, and in the end it turned out that I had done more healing than the actual healer, who had intentionally held back just to see what JoL+Divine Storm would do.
    Ultimately it depends on your gear, your skill, and your group.

For most heroics (outside of ICC heroics), you can either Tank or Heal effectively in Ret gear without changing specs.

Well Pallies are getting healing hands which is a spell any spec Pally can use. It is not custom to that spec and will no doubt have some sort of Imp in the Holy tree but that will give all pallies an AoE Healing Spell if they needed to pop it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrewin
    Well Pallies are getting healing hands which is a spell any spec Pally can use. It is not custom to that spec and will no doubt have some sort of Imp in the Holy tree but that will give all pallies an AoE Healing Spell if they needed to pop it.
    22% base mana cost i imagine :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    22% base mana cost i imagine :P
    I hope we have more mana at the beginning of THIS expansion than like last time going from TBC to WotLK...