Gemming arp and ect.

I am so confused. I put in gemming arp on femaledwarf.com and I LOSE dps. I have about 876 using my arp trinket and my hit trinket w/o any arp gems, and can get to around 1120arp gemming arp gems. But it says it is a dps loss to gem arp..... Can anyone shed any light on this, and help me out?

I have read all the stickies and still makes no sense. HELP

My armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Skull&n=Shirou

Re: Gemming arp and ect.

Your arp is completely wasted when the trinket procs, which is one of the huge downfalls of using an arp trinket such as scorpion and gemming arp.

Basically... you really shouldn't worry about ArP until you have DBW. Also, I'd suggest getting 2p T9 245 pieces, because it compliments the 2p T10 set bonus extremely well for a long time (they're both worth almost 400 dps depending on gear). Your random arp gems already aren't really helping so you should just change them back to agility imo.

With ArP it's really important to be in the >80% range before it's actually a noticeable difference and is even worth really considering. Agility works fine, and will keep you doing consistent dps unless you're just naturally bad.

When using an ArP proc trinket u gem for the soft cap for that particular trinket. That means with a proc of 678 ArP you should have 722 ArP from gear/gems and nothing more then that to reach 1400 ArP when the trinket procs. You do not gem all ArP when using a proc trinket as it will be a dps loss. You only gem all ArP when you are trying to reach the hard cap of 1400 off gear and gems alone. Right now you are a little above that soft cap at 736 ArP and you other basic gemming is a little off too. Gem ALL Agi with a couple ArP gems just to reach 722 or close to it (as in lose the arp/stam gem to bring you to 726 ArP). Beyond that you should have 1 Nightmare Tear (+10 stats) and 1 Yellow/Orange gem just to meet the requirement for your meta gem, don't go chasing socket bonuses. You can also probably lose one of you +20 Hit gems and use Icewalker on your boots to keep you less above the hit cap at 8.02% if my late night math is correct. Since you are hurting for hit the 264 Frost Vendor belt would be a nice upgrade for you at the moment.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth
    Beyond that you should have 1 Nightmare Tear (+10 stats) and 1 Yellow/Orange gem just to meet the requirement for your meta gem
    You only need the nightmare tear as it will satisfy both a yellow and a blue for your meta. However, if you're looking at a decent socket bonus (6agi and up) you will probably want to gem an agi/crit gem. But you'll still want that tear for the blue. Gemming green, purple or blue gems is always a bad idea.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

I had planned on dropping the NES. I guess I didn't give enough info. I have 729 arp without the NES with my current gear equipped. I can get up to 876 w/o gemming for arp but I have to use my hit trinket ect. That would be using my Queldanar, and all my arp gear. I realize that I am not itemized that well but juggling between my arp and my hit has been such a pain in the ass lately. If I use all my arp gear and have the 876 passive arp should I go ahead and gem arp is what I am really wondering.

I thought you were supposed to gem/gear to the ArPen soft cap if you have an ArPen trinket proc?
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

I'm trying to get rid of my arp trinket is the issue. Everyone keeps telling me it is a terrible trinket is why. Not really sure I know that a Runestone would be 10 times better but because no one is running Uld anymore the chances of me getting it is LOW LOW LOW.

Would it just be more beneficial to go back to Survial?

NES is not a terrible trinket. You can go with it and 48% ArP, then gem agility like a happy monkey. There is nothing wrong with that.

What is wrong on the other hand are hunters with full ArP gems and 50% ArP in total. "LOZL HRUNTERS GEM ARP NOOB GO TO EJ".
    Gemming ArP makes noticable difference only in close to BiS gear. And even then it's not gamebreaking. I played SV all the way through ICC and ICC HC. I had a MM spec for certain fights and I used full agility gemmed gear. When I started aiming for ArP, the difference after swapping 20 agility gems for 20 ArP gems was about 200 dps. This number increases as you get closer to the cap, but even then ArP isn't everything. It doesn't magically raise your DPS by 30%.

The difference between full ArP MM and SV/agi MM in full BiS gear is about 1k. We're talking 14000 DPS here so it's only about 7%. Most of these "LOZL U HEV SHIT GEER YOU NID NEW TRINKET" idiots could get 7% or more DPS by optimizing their rotations and utilizing all the skills they have, rather than swapping 1 trinket and gems.

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor
    NES is not a terrible trinket. You can go with it and 48% ArP, then gem agility like a happy monkey. There is nothing wrong with that.

What is wrong on the other hand are hunters with full ArP gems and 50% ArP in total. "LOZL HRUNTERS GEM ARP NOOB GO TO EJ".
    Gemming ArP makes noticable difference only in close to BiS gear. And even then it's not gamebreaking. I played SV all the way through ICC and ICC HC. I had a MM spec for certain fights and I used full agility gemmed gear. When I started aiming for ArP, the difference after swapping 20 agility gems for 20 ArP gems was about 200 dps. This number increases as you get closer to the cap, but even then ArP isn't everything. It doesn't magically raise your DPS by 30%.

The difference between full ArP MM and SV/agi MM in full BiS gear is about 1k. We're talking 14000 DPS here so it's only about 7%. Most of these "LOZL U HEV SHIT GEER YOU NID NEW TRINKET" idiots could get 7% or more DPS by optimizing their rotations and utilizing all the skills they have, rather than swapping 1 trinket and gems.

That's what I needed to know. That helps out alot actually thank you

doctor professor, you talk the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin
    I thought you were supposed to gem/gear to the ArPen soft cap if you have an ArPen trinket proc?
    I don't believe so anymore. If its not a loss, than it is a very marginal dps gain. I think if you're like 1 or 2 gems away from being capped when trinket procs, it might be good to use arp gems there, but its not worthy giving up fully gemmed agility.

Honestly, it's not worth it to worry about arp until you get around 800-900 from gear (may be different for each individual hunter).

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua-Sensei
    That's what I needed to know. That helps out alot actually thank you
    same for me, juzst to let you know sensei! =)