Blizzard not a fan of mmochamp?

Today I wanted to type in guild 'I love mmochamp, (blah blah topic I found on here)'

...but it turns out the game wont let you type 'I love mmochamp.' it just wont show.

Any reason behind this? It's not a website link.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Re: Blizzard not a fan of mmochamp?

I think it blocks anything that starts with 'mmo', because a lot of gold sellers use website URLs that begin with mmo
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".

You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".

^this guy is correct.

on topic, Blizz in all likelihood doesn't hold a soft spot for MMO Champ.
    How could they with BouB always bursting their bubbles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzel View Post
    I let my kids do whatever, honestly. If they want to bathe in the blood of virgins and drink hard liquor while doing it, more power to them. I gave my little Jimmy the key to my gun cabinet, just in case he needs to pop some caps in a burglar or rob a corner store for some spare cash. Kids grow up quickly these days y'know, you've got to teach them how to take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by WarCrimez
    ^this guy is correct.

mmo-champion, along with every other wow news site, is free publicity for blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by WarCrimez
    ^this guy is correct.

a) instead of going like "^ this guy" just use the quote button. It makes things easier to follow and is there for exactly that porpose
    but more importantly
    b) they most certainly don't block all use of the word mmo. In fact, you can log in right now and say "I hate mmo champ" and it shows up. "I love mmo champ" doesn't. That isn't because blizzard only wants to spread the hate though, it proabably just means there's some obscure goldselling or hacking site that has a "love mmo" thing in it that sets off the filter. That's all.

Seriously, you think an mmo would block the use of the word mmo? Yeeaaaaaa NO.

Yeah it is odd that you can say. "I hate mmo champ" but when you say "I love mmo champ" it doesn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad
    Yeah it is odd that you can say. "I hate mmo champ" but when you say "I love mmo champ" it doesn't show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by zolok
    Haha, everyone knows FIFA isn't a football game, it's Soccer!
    Quote Originally Posted by W
    You are clearly the idiot here as Blizzard would be able to check the IP address and mmo-champ can match up the ip address as well so boom headshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by fshfsjdk
    by the way, it's not key logger.

And Not to mention MMO gives up more info the blizz's sites

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeker
    mmo-champion, along with every other wow news site, is free publicity for blizzard.
    Viral marketing at it's finest.

Sometimes, i wonder if BouB isnt just one of the EU Blizz Employees hiding >.>

Also, after testing, the filter is "lovemmocham", no matter where the spaces in it are. The ONLY exception is if there is a space between "ch" and "am".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

MMO Champion reports new mounts, new expac features, new everything. Not everyone checks WoW's official site often. MMO Champion reports the stuff to more people, free advertising.

Yeah, I think it has less to do with this website and more to do with illiterate gold sellers.
    "What's your rotation?" "About once every 24 hours. Why?"

No offense but I don't think Blizzard loves Boubille. If any of you read Game Policies, you can find this there:
    Data Stream Manipulation and Data Mining

Manipulation of the data stream involves a player altering the flow of information between the World of Warcraft servers and his/her computer while data mining involves a player extracting information from said information that is not intended to be public. Data stream manipulation can be the alteration of either the incoming information or the outgoing information, and can be as minor as the manipulation of one byte of a packet, or the "sniffing" of packets for any reason. If a player is found to have altered the data stream or performed any data mining, he/she may:

* Be temporarily suspended from the game
    * Have further action taken, up to and including account closure, based on the intent of the data manipulation

The way MMO-Champ gets all the extra information is against the terms of use. Sure you can object that the data mining for new gear, mounts, pets or even quests is "harmless", but that doesn't change the fact it's not meant to be public til the patch is deployed. If you read MMO-champion you could see the end of ICC before you had chance to set foot inside.

For all I know mmo-champion is filtered because some time ago some in-game scam used it's name to get fake credibility. mmo-champion links won't show up in the chat either. Not sure about the lovemmochamp thing tho.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw