Poll: What do YOU think is the best Dps spec. (End Game)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Poll: What's the best dps spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    and I don't like pink.
    Wonder why... Still, as you see from the voting, people thinks that DW Frost/Unholy is the way to go, at least for end game raiding.^^ And I couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidius
    I voted Unholy but DW is fun and right up there with Unholy.

I wish Frost 2H was still viable but sadly it's dead and may it rest in peace.
    No it isnt. Frost 2h is coming back in cataclysm. l2read class previews.
    RETH

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

hmm in my opinion the question is not really clear ... in bad gear unholy is good, in good gear with a lot of arp blood seems to rule, dwfrost really depends on the weapons (correct me if I'm wrong)

in the current situation 2hfrost is not viable

my pvp-dk is currently unholy and i kinda like it

I'm surprised 27 people answered blood, and 3 2h frost. I haven't seen a good blood DK since Naxxramas (ok, good, but never meter-topping), and though I love 2h frost it still sucks at the moment.

I answered unholy, but I ain't sure if it's acctually better than dw frost. (Haven't tried yet, since I miss one 1-hand weapon).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Dude where's the option for the imfamous 0/32/39
    Comon we all remember it
    Back on topic I think I depends I thinks frost is the best and dw frost and blood are the only 2 I will ever play

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

u cant poll a fact.
    "Poll: whats the capital of France?"
    theres a best spec, a 2nd best and a 3rd best. voting which spec is, is kinda pointless.

Unholy has produced better numbers for me, but 've seen frost dw destroy meters. I am currently toying with a frost spec and an unholy spec, and trying to test both. Frost has potential, but I am still getting the feel of how it flows in combat.

From a raid's perspective, Unholy is considered essential since it's the best magic buff of it's kind. Frost DK's have the best version of the melee haste buff so demand for them is very high. Generally raids will have at least one of each.

An Unholy DK with Shadowmourne is the best DPS available in WoLK according to the simulators for personal DPS.

So for BiS situations, Unholy just wins by a nose. If there were legendary 1-handers, Frost would win instead.

I strongly suspect in Cataclysm based on what I have seen so far, Frost will gain the top slot for DPS. It won't have the issue of too many abilities and not enough GCDs anymore, it's masteries are better for DPS, and it's somewhat likely that it will get the new version of Unholy Presence tuned for Frost which means they will be the best for movement fights.
    Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Zal, you need to read the forum guidelines

13.5. Usage of CAPS (capital letters), color, ASCII code symbols or Unicode symbols
    The content of a thread or a post should be the only thing that draws readers and/or posters to a discussion.

There is no need to use CAPS, color or ASCII/Unicode symbols in a post or subject line to draw extra attention.

Colours in posts are meant to be used to emphasise specific parts or words of the post, and not meant to be used as a template for every post of a specific user. Imagine what this board would look like if everyone picked their specific colour to always post in...
    Quote Originally Posted by hermedes
    u cant ur gonna have to own up and if hes a wow nerd hes gonna kill u and get his wrathful gladiators claymore and chop ur head and ur balls of and then he will feed them to u. only if hes a true wow nerd tho

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë
    You know, I've seen a heck load of Blood DKs who just keep on gemming Str, and when I whisper them, they just reply: "Thanks a lot, matey!" "Ohh, didn't know that, thanks" and... "Hey, I gem what I want, it's my gold!". Well, 2/3 ain't that bad.
    Except arp gemming isn't the best unless you have high arp only available at top end icc 25 or bis icc 10/25 gear.

So you are hurting them more than helping them.

10+ Year Old Account

Using a font that's hard to read is really cool.

Or it's something to do if you're a douche.

Either one I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland
    I'm surprised 27 people answered blood, and 3 2h frost. I haven't seen a good blood DK since Naxxramas (ok, good, but never meter-topping), and though I love 2h frost it still sucks at the moment.

I answered unholy, but I ain't sure if it's acctually better than dw frost. (Haven't tried yet, since I miss one 1-hand weapon).
    you pretty much need the best gear out there including shadowmourne to have blood competing with other specs

10+ Year Old Account

I voted Unholy simply because I personally like the diseases and the ghoul pet. It reminds me of being a Hunter and Warlock combined with being able to thwap the boogies with a big-ass axe

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Frost DW. If you have no experience as frost DW this is why you chose unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury
    Frost DW. If you have no experience as frost DW this is why you chose unholy.
    I''ve played dw frost.

Unholy is best imo

Although blood is my favorite.

15+ Year Old Account

Voted Unholy. Most people that read here often will not be shocked by that.

Also, people who use colours for regular posts is one thing I really, really hate. Stop being a unique little snowflake, and l2Black!

colors fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh
    colors fixed.
    Why would you change all the color tags? That's no fun.
    It's about as much fun as staring at one of those crappy fluorescent lights which is burning out and you can almost count how many times it flickers a second.

OH GOD GET OUT OF MY POST

Anything you can post I can post better!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Uffman
    Unholy because of Ebon Plague's power on multiple encounters. Personal DPS means shit.
    Hur hur.
    Look! Words!

I like blood.

You can easily do 5k DPS in blues/epics without trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!