Thread: It'd be nice

It'd be nice

If there were a 5-man added into the game that was actually difficult.
    Something you actually had to try at
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    Clothes are merely a setback!

Re: It'd be nice

HoR is still considered difficult by many. It is super easy however compared to old TBC heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.

oh stop whining.

Sigh...

Dude, there is already 999999999999999999 topics like this in this forum.
    It's getting old, stop it.
    - Trim

NEWS FLASH: Content is easy when you overgear it, more at 11!

Really. Try doing HHoR with a group full of quest blues. Or Naxx epics even. It's kinda hard.
    \o\ \o> \o/ <o/ /o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Falric
    This pear... so delicious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzro
    Ugh, do they have English/American call centres or are they Indian?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Gravion

Blizzard listened to people like you when they made HoR. Then other people QQ'd it was too hard. >.>

Worthless qq post is worthless.

Deleted

Try doing heroics at the level they were meant to be played it originally. They are about as hard as HoR is when ICC released.

Still pretty easy if you know how to play, but for newbies or bads, its really hard. I remember not being able to complete HoL for a while, Loken just AoE'd too hard.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    Try doing heroics at the level they were meant to be played it originally. They are about as hard as HoR is when ICC released.

Still pretty easy if you know how to play, but for newbies or bads, its really hard. I remember not being able to complete HoL for a while, Loken just AoE'd too hard.
    i remember those old times, when a 23-24k hp tank in a heroic was still considered "decent" the first couple of weeks of lvl 80, when naxx 10 was "semi-hard"

the times where the heroics were just as hard as naxx.

oh i miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

Quote Originally Posted by Gravion
    NEWS FLASH: Content is easy when you overgear it, more at 11!

Really. Try doing HHoR with a group full of quest blues. Or Naxx epics even. It's kinda hard.
    UPDATE: Nobody gives a shit about heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    If there were a 5-man added into the game that was actually difficult.
    Something you actually had to try at
    Also, I'm 100% sure that if heroics were as hard as you want them to be that it would take about 3 days before you went emo over how hard everything is. I'm also sure you would LOVE spending time trying to find an ubertank with top-gear and special classes that could CC. Those wouls also most likely take your spot and you would have even more to whine about.

Humans want things to be as easy as possible and I'm sure you're no different.
    - Trim

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Moralio
    HoR is still considered difficult by many. It is super easy however compared to old TBC heroics.
    Which TBC heroics?

Ramparts? HoR is significantly more challenging.
    Blood Furnace? HoR is significantly more challenging.
    Shattered Halls? About the same, a tad easier due to less annoying mob abilities.
    Slave Pens? HoR is significantly more challenging.
    Underbog? HoR is significantly more challenging.
    Steamvaults? About the same due to the mobs fearing.
    Mechanar? HoR is significantly more challenging.
    Botanica? HoR is significantly more challenging.

Only TBC heroics I would say are definitely more challenging are Arcatraz, Magisters' Terrace, Auchenai Crypts, the last boss + trash for Sethekk, and Shadow Labs.

You do remember that people mostly only ran heroics like Slave Pens, right? Because they were so easy and could be done in 10 minutes? Right? You aren't deliberately misrepresenting reality to make some shady point based on a past that never existed, are you?

I was there. I ran all those heroics. It would sometimes take me weeks to find a group for Shadow Labs on heroic if I wanted something out of it. Nobody ran it. It was absurdly overtuned for the level of rewards and glutted with an unrealistic level of trash. Magisters Terrace was ran a lot, but that's because it gave Prince Malch level loot in a 5 man you could run each day. And even then, most people complained about it until it started getting massive nerfs. And certain classes would trivialize the encounters like a warlock who could enslave demon and effectively CC two mobs at the same time.

Most people just ended up running the retardedly easy TBC heroics, which were Ramparts, Slave Pens, Underbog, and The Mechanar.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde
    Which TBC heroics?
    I don't think you have played Tbc heroics prenerf (before 2.1.3), when sweeping strikes and chained cleaves killed any melee dps just by standing next to a mob, and Trial of the Naaru: Mercy was almost only possible if the way was cleared by a group consisting of tank, heal and three frost mages and then switching in the melees to get them further in the quest chain for the key to tk. Or when the wardens in botanica onehitted tanks with 12k arcane hits. Or the defenders in slavepens who would stun and then onehit tanks.

They were not difficult, they were a bad joke and a real pain in the ass. For sure I don't wish those back.

After they have been nerfed most of them were indeed farmable, but as he said:
    It is super easy however compared to old TBC heroics.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

WotLK has been out for over a year. It makes absolutely zero sense to compare WotLK heroics NOW to TBC heroics when the expansion came out. Hell, when TBC came out? Shit was ridiculously flawed. I wouldn't point to anything in early TBC and say "that was a good design choice." Was it a good design choice to make your T4 helm have worse itemization than a Shadowmoon Valley quest blue? Yeah, that's a great choice. GREAT.

Instead, we should be comparing WotLK heroics NOW to TBC Heroics during the Sunwell patch. The situations are analagous and anything else is just being disingenous and trying to stir things up despite a complete lack of anything approaching logic or reason.

It's not like the WotLK heroics were as much of steamrolls back when the expansion landed as they are now. I remember quite a few groups failing to Skadi in Heroic UP. I remember wiping for over an hour on Loken in Heroic HoL. I remember groups splitting up on the final boss in Heroic Oculus TONS of times, assuming they even made it that far.

/slaps the rose colored glasses off your near-blind head

those were a nightmare, dont ever bring something like that back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzel View Post
    I let my kids do whatever, honestly. If they want to bathe in the blood of virgins and drink hard liquor while doing it, more power to them. I gave my little Jimmy the key to my gun cabinet, just in case he needs to pop some caps in a burglar or rob a corner store for some spare cash. Kids grow up quickly these days y'know, you've got to teach them how to take care of themselves.