keybinding setup

ive recently swtiching from cliking and moving with the arrow keys, to using the W,A,S,D to move and Q,E to strafe left and right respectively.

now as a ret/prot paladin i think the next step would be learning which of the keys near me would be best to bind abiltys to.
    it just feels really akward at the curent moment and im unsure of what keys i should bind stuff to.
    if anyone could give some help that would be amazing.

Re: keybinding setup

I would suggest using A and D for strafing instead, you shouldn't keyboard turn anyway. That leaves Q E R F C Z G T V § 1 2 3 4 5 open, plus Shift/ctrl/alt modifiers if you like.

Personally I move with ESDF to open up more space.

I use 1 2 3 4 5 T F G V R and two mouse buttons. plus ctrl/shift/alt modifiers for all of them.

It really just takes some getting used to. I've used keybinds for years. Eventually you'll know them by heart and you will actually be able to play without seeing your action bar whatsoever.

Don't WASD turn. I know a guy who WASD turned and he name changed to WASDCANTMOVE. Press and hold the right click button and just use your forward run button to move. Move our mouse in the direction you want to go.

Keybindings - Remember you can keybind your mousewheel!

Real men move with ESDF, and ability-bind (abilibind?) QWRTAGZXCVB and use shift-modifiers on all of those.

Number keys are for the weak.

Deleted

use your mouse to move

and: adqertfg12345 and shift and control as modifiers, with ws for strafe, all easy to reach keys and mouse moving is the best way to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen
    Real men move with ESDF, and ability-bind (abilibind?) QWRTAGZXCVB and use shift-modifiers on all of those.

Number keys are for the weak.
    I agree apart from the last part. If I don't bind number-keys ASWELL I'm running out of keybindings really fast, even though I only use about 40 of them regularly.

allright, thanks for the tips, ill give them a shot, hopefully this ends well.

QWASDE to move on the keyboard, 2 mouse buttons and the right mouse button to actually turn (it's wierd, I strafe and turn with the keyboard *while* using the mouse).

Anyway, I have my stuff bound to 1-6 (rarely 7) and the 8 buttons on my mouse... using alt and ctrl when necessary. Shift changes pages, which I usually have 4 per character.

Deleted

esdf to move, qwrtzuaghjyxcvbn123456 keybound, with modifiers for different arena targets. Plus mousewheel with modifiers (shift for targetting, ctrl for poly) in arena and mouse buttons 4&5 + mods.

As ret, the main stuff you can bind to assuming you're using A and D to strafe is stuff like:

1234QE

Shift variations of those, then personally I add Alt variations of QWE123, Ctrl is never a friendly bind for my hand, it doesn't stretch right Ctrl E is about the only one I can use, and that's always a CC move on all my chars except my Druid who uses Shift 1-4.

You should need much more than that as a Retadin, any spells that you use on bigger cooldowns, think about Shift + Mouse scroll or Alt and Mouse scroll, and if you want even more for whatever reason, don't forget that you can always use shift + alt mods for 1 key

I.e my auto run is alt + shift + W so i never hit it by accident, but so that its still comfortable for my hand to hit it for when I'm flying between places.