DPS value of nightfall proc

Hi, i raid affliction and was exploring new specs and this talent got me wondering of how much dps it actually contributed.

Is it viable depending on your haste? Depending on amount of adds in a fight? (corruption each blood beasts for higher chance to proc as opposed to rotface/festergut etc.)

Your opinons / suggestions would be of great value !

Deleted

Re: DPS value of nightfall proc

I think it's hard to put it down to a dps number, as it depends on your SP value (how hard will the SB hit) and your Haste (how much time do you save vs a normally casted SB).
    I like the talent. That's what I'm sure about

The DPS value of Nightfall is suprisingly small, but I don't really see any viable alternative to it. Sure, range is nice, but almost meaningless without getting the destruction range aswell which you definetly don't have points for.

Deleted

Good link, but seems (though he mentions GoQD in the top) he calculates without hasted corr, as he (for the calculation of NF procs) takes 1 corr tick per 3 secs.
    I do not think NF has an ICD, so GoQD also improves NF.

Still, Naoe is right, it's not very big a dps increase, but there are no better alternatives.

15+ Year Old Account

as said before its extremly low but there is no alternative to the points that is any better anyway
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    Good link, but seems (though he mentions GoQD in the top) he calculates without hasted corr, as he (for the calculation of NF procs) takes 1 corr tick per 3 secs.
    I do not think NF has an ICD, so GoQD also improves NF.

Still, Naoe is right, it's not very big a dps increase, but there are no better alternatives.
    What on Earth is a GoQD?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea
    What on Earth is a GoQD?
    Glyph of Quick Decay

15+ Year Old Account

Low. Replacable talent if you need range for Vile Spirits achievement or 2/3 fel conc for pushback recovery. (3/3 unnecessary due to conc. aura)

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Low. Replacable talent if you need range for Vile Spirits achievement or 2/3 fel conc for pushback recovery. (3/3 unnecessary due to conc. aura)
    The fel conc is a surprisingly big DPS increase, compared to how few warlocks take it.

Well, i was personally going for this spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IfxRb0kAoiA0IktZE00Vz

helps me with my threat issues along with balancing grim reach + destructive reach out.

Any thoughts / opinions?

10+ Year Old Account

I clicked on this thread hoping that someone meant the %dmg proc from Nightfall

I think it's valued about 60-80 dps? The thing is, as you get more haste it procs more, but you also cast SBs faster so it's kinda becoming more valuable at a decreasing rate. Also sub 25% I end up tunneling and letting Shadow Trance procs slip by

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenstine
    Also sub 25% I end up tunneling and letting Shadow Trance procs slip by
    sub-25% is actually what Nightfall is really useful for, saves you time and refreshes corr/shadow embrace/imp SB...

But for the overall usefulness, Gherkin is right once more - if you want the pushback reduction or need the range, Nighfall is where you harvest the points.