Thread: Carry totem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Carry totem?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarage
    hello all i got this idea why dont shaman gett Carry bag?with that i mean thay can carry 1 totem behind there back like real bag. . you can choice what totem you want it will carry you totem for lets say 5-10 min and it will have 15 min cooldowns? and ofc the totem could be attackable. So what do you think? this will make it easyier to Aoe.
    SENSE
    youmakenone
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska

haha nice,on topic I think its a terrible idea.

Just give us a skill similar to totemic recall ,which instead of removing them it will place them at the shaman new position .
    I don't like the idea of blizzard transforms our totems into auras or passive abilities.

I might take you down
    But
    I will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by F@LLEN
    Just give us a skill similar to totemic recall ,which instead of removing them it will place them at the shaman new position .
    I don't like the idea of blizzard transforms our totems into auras or passive abilities.
    this. for 25% of their mana cost

Quote Originally Posted by F@LLEN
    so pretty much a cheaper version of call of the elements/spirits/ancestors... that´s certainly the sollution... NOT!

say what you want, but our pve totems are a joke. make death knights horn of winter 30 yards range, destroyable and immovable and see what they´d think of it.

it´s stupid. spells with a duration should last for that duration. that is the case for pretty much any player spell except totems or shamans shields. go figure.

-a totem like arrakoa in sethekk hals hav would be need. it mind controls people unless totem is destroyed.
    -searing totem is a good example for a much less shaman totem.
    -maybe a totem which you can stick on enemy players, cryppling their movement speed, interrupting casts they do or something ( they couldn´t be destroyed by the afflicted targets themselve,s only by allies )

there are ways to make exiting totems, which should continue to be totems, but our pve stuffs is simply statsticks with the same effects other classes have, packed with a half dozen disadvantades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    so pretty much a cheaper version of call of the elements/spirits/ancestors... that´s certainly the sollution... NOT!
    well im guessing youre looking at it from a pve pov, where mana and loosing one gcd (if u recall totems) isnt that much of an issue (for a dps lets add, healer maybe). however in pvp droping new totems>recall and redrop. a dropped totem is a dropped totem, we should suffer the least possible penalty for movement, 1 gcd and 25% of totem mana cost is reasonable i guess (instead of 1 gcd 100% mana or 2 gcds 75% mana).

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    it´s stupid. spells with a duration should last for that duration. that is the case for pretty much any player spell except totems or shamans shields. go figure.
    keep in mind that buffs are dispellable (purge?), whereas you have to attack/pet attack the totem (again, pvp pov)

Eh it seems alright. They are letting us throw a totem in the next exp so this wont really be needed. But Yeah I can see this being kinda fun if you could strap a Magma totem to your back and just charge into a pile of MoBs. Seems like an Enhance Talent maybe

Quote Originally Posted by moffpotek
    well im guessing youre looking at it from a pve pov, where mana and loosing one gcd (if u recall totems) isnt that much of an issue (for a dps lets add, healer maybe). however in pvp droping new totems>recall and redrop. a dropped totem is a dropped totem, we should suffer the least possible penalty for movement, 1 gcd and 25% of totem mana cost is reasonable i guess (instead of 1 gcd 100% mana or 2 gcds 75% mana).
    im looking at it from all enhancement views, as im raiding icc 10man hc and 25man hc, and also doing 3on3/arena.
    simply creating an ability which doesn´t do anything new asides from cramping up our spellbook even more wont help us much.

the mana costs aren´t what annoy me as pve enhancement. it´s the low range of my pve buffs, the fact that i have to replace my magma totem every few meters, when the tanks moves, or when it´s destroyed by mobs, which happens much more often than you think.

what annoys me as pvp enhance is that every single class can counter our core abilities with a /target macro. tremor is useless against fearing classes, as they fear right after they destroy our totem, and chasing your target as melee in pvp will force you to replant totems, wasting cooldowns ( mana being an issue or not ) it´s stupid. we´re also pretty much annoyed as a melee spec having to chase targets when using immobile totems.

Quote Originally Posted by moffpotek
    keep in mind that buffs are dispellable (purge?), whereas you have to attack/pet attack the totem (again, pvp pov)
    and your point being here? everyone can destroy a target with any attack (5hp). to me that sounds like a greater disadvantage than being dispellable, as dispelling costs mana, and will receive nerfs ( greater mana costs ) with cataclysm. keep also in mind that not anyone is able to dispell.

at the moment pve totems are simply boring bad versions of other classes buff spells, and pvp totems are more of a resto/ele thing, as they can kite around totems and stuff, and dont have to chase targets that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    Blizzard said totems will never be mobile
    Blizzard says a lot of thing.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.