Building a new computer, in need of advice..

Hello. Im looking to build a new pc and i would like some advice since im a newb in this domain. I would like to buy a
    Procesor AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.60 GHz skt AM3. I was wondering if u can give me an advice on what motherboard, memory and video card to choose. I have around 1000euros on my hands. Ill be using the new pc for games mainly and i want it to be fit in order to play wow at high lvl graphic aswell as other games. Cheers in advance for the help.

Re: Building a new computer, in need of advice..

Phenom II x6 isn't out yet so advice you would get now might be outdated when the processor is released but these parts would be good for a PC with a budget of about 1000 euro.

Motherboard: Asus with AM3 socket and 890GX chipset
    Memory: G.skill 4GB 1333Mhz and CL7
    Graphics card: XFX Radeon 5870

Re: Building a new computer, in need of advice..

A 6 core CPU won't handle WoW (or the vast majority of other games) any better than a 4 core CPU. Current games simply don't make enough use of multi-core CPUs. WoW, for instance, will use any core you put in front of it, but some of its threads are so small that they're hardly worth off-loading to another core. Windows 7's load balancing will help shift WoW's main thread between multiple cores, but again, you're not going to see much difference between a 6 or 4 core CPU.

At that rate, I'd suggest stepping down to a 4 core CPU (Phenom II x4 965/955, Core i7 920, or Core i5 750) and spending the extra cash somewhere else in your build (SSD, bump up your graphics card, etc).