Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Fury Warrior Gearing Question

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwhisper
    You 2 guys above me misunderstand

Most people spec cleave and think they are top shit cause they pull 18k dps cause they can cleave trash

But on 95% of fights you wont need cleave at all so I dont spec into it (keyword being "I" here. note i didnt say "everyone" cause its usually just me)

Purely I know you need a bit of cleave action for LK for the adds and such so I see no problem with speccing and glyphing into it (also Fury glyphs blow)

but I love heroic fury and wont play fury without it. because there are too many applications for its use!

I'd list them but that'd be page-streching to the max so just think of any fight that requires movement and its a bonus
    well, the problem is that the "other 5% fights" that uses cleave is the most important... the lich king
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Purelybetter
    Far from. I was waiting for an uninformed soul to say something. Does your DPS dip when you cleave the adds during those 2 sections? Single target, for a second, but applying more Deep Wounds debuffs allow for me Deep Wound Ticks, which allow for me 2PT10 procs to occur. I myself didn't consider this until LandSoul posted on EJ with the idea.
    I toss Cleave on the adds as well for crit (most notably Saurfang if Whirlwind doesn't line up well) but the DPS increase you get from Imp. Cleave in those situations is beyond negligible. Arguing for the Imp. Cleave talent and including those fights is like arguing for using Imp. Intercept by citing Saurfang; even if you're using it as a free stun on the adds, you're not using it enough for it to matter worth a damn.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    I toss Cleave on the adds as well for crit (most notably Saurfang if Whirlwind doesn't line up well) but the DPS increase you get from Imp. Cleave in those situations is beyond negligible. Arguing for the Imp. Cleave talent and including those fights is like arguing for using Imp. Intercept by citing Saurfang; even if you're using it as a free stun on the adds, you're not using it enough for it to matter worth a damn.
    When you're trying to squeeze out every ounce of DPS, even a 1DPS increase from doing 1-2 cleaves is worth it.

10+ Year Old Account

I am severely tempted to delete this thread, but I wont just to see how It goes from here. (I like using caps now and then to emphasise the core word in the sentence)

I am not going to end up with a 2 page long posts so Ill just summarise a lot of incorrect info here and you(the posters of it) can challenge my opinion if you still think its wrong.

1) There are numerous fights as quoted below that allow use of cleave. Not having It glyphed + specced is Gimped your raid potential HEAVILY, only excuse for not having it is if you have an offspec with it.

2) Heroic Fury is PRO. I can not stress enough how often I use that to lower my downtime on fights and Gaining an extra 2-3 hits every 30s is massive damage/dps increase vs not having it.

3) MANDATORY major glyphs are Heroic strike and WW the 3rd can be swapped depending on fight (cleave or execute), you can not dps correctly as fury without the first 2, WW is a major dps increase, heroic strike is needed to stop your heroic strike rage starving you.

4) I need to quote these....

"Why? It's sopost to be 1 abilty u NEVER use (HS) do to the reason it is a "Rage dump" << please get out my forums you have 471 posts and you hit out with that crap.

"You suggested 110ap over FOUR HUNDRED from beskering...." << berserking is not 400 passive. Youd be surprised to know that +110 is equal to and beats out berserking on offhands in ICC under certain gear levels/sets. Mongoose also creeps up as BIS now and then during ICC if you cared to use Landsouls Spreadsheet to test out gear sets.

Muffinboy and Deathwhisper I severly warn you to not post crap like this again (you will get this in a PM also).

Your incorrect mis-informing posts are destroying this thread. Muffin, If you post again, even once with more incorrect garbage in the warrior section when you clearly have 0 clue how to play the warrior class you will be banned from these forums. Deathwhisper I see you where trying to help out and correct some bad info so you get let off but a lot of the false info you spouted about cleave and things put you in the same group as the players you where trying to correct.

Anyone that knows my posts would see that I generally intervene(smiled when I typed that) now and then to help out users who are asking Politely for help even if they have no bothered to look at the stickies I try to keep things civil and friendly. This thread is full of Flaming/trolling/mis-information and pretty much 90% of the posts here would earn yourself an insta-perma ban on the vast majority of theorycrafting forums (if you mispell something on EJ you get a warning from mods) Mmo-champion forums have always been a more friendly "noob tolerant" forums and have a lot of well known very entertaining threads and users. For the love of my (and a lot of other users) sanity don't ever post crap like this again.

Devlin1991

/discuss further

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991
    I am severely tempted to delete this thread, but I wont just to see how It goes from here. (I like using caps now and then to emphasise the core word in the sentence)

I am not going to end up with a 2 page long posts so Ill just summarise a lot of incorrect info here and you(the posters of it) can challenge my opinion if you still think its wrong.

*snip*
    You are my hero :P I was actually just wishing for this

On topic : I guess heroic fury just falls down to too much RNG, IMO. I myself haven't taken it and have spent points elsewhere. Of course alot of this is just personal preference.

10+ Year Old Account

Just to expand on the Talent tree choice part of this thread.

My Talent tree > http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...pecial&group=1

Landsoul from Vodka US (Probably the single most respected warrior by PvE players) > http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...ndsoul&group=1

That spec is probably the most Balanced spec for any fury warrior raiding in ICC 25.

Heroic fury is used on multiple fights.
    Cleave is used on Multiple fights
    Piercing howl is very useful on a couple of fights (Lich king,Saurfang,Deathwhisper)
    Imp execute is a decent dps increase during sub 20% (I use execute in free GCD's when there is no insta-slam)

The alternative Places to put those 4 points are nulled in a 25man environment (into Commanding Presence) if There is another active warrior or a warrior tank with a "survival spec" taking imp Demo shout and Commanding presence) Fury warriors Rage incoming is greater than outgoing in ICC, this can be seen in the spreadsheet so the 3 Rage increasing talents are worth zero dps.

Depending on how your guild does LK 25man (we tank all little ghouls on top of LK) Cleave is what makes warriors top dps on that fight, other classes (affliction locks) can also aoe very well but they are doing LESS single target dps by doing so. Warriors GAIN single target dps by cleaving as the lost damage on cleave vs heroic strike is outweighed by the extra uptime on the 2pc T10 bonus. I sit on upwards of 22k for all of P1 on LK and end up at about 12k-13k by the end of the fight. My last kill was ended with me dieing 1min before the end of the fight and ended up top on damage done with 12.5k dps, we had no WOL running but if it was it would have been in the top 10 world parses on WOL, so what I am saying is coming from a Min/Maxer who spends far far far too much time on this stupid game picture below is of a parse from a wiped attempt that got into p3 before it went tits up, that I screenshotted for e-peen purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991
    "You suggested 110ap over FOUR HUNDRED from beskering...." << berserking is not 400 passive. Youd be surprised to know that +110 is equal to and beats out berserking on offhands in ICC under certain gear levels/sets. Mongoose also creeps up as BIS now and then during ICC if you cared to use Landsouls Spreadsheet to test out gear sets.
    I'm sorry but i never use 110 ap ... i used Accuracy and berserking (Was under hit cap)