Power Infusion Macro

Sup guys I have been using one of the power infusion macros that whisper my target and let them know I have granted them the buff, however because the random dungeon finder pairs you with characters from other realms it does not seem to work. So I'm working on a new macro that when casted I will Say (not whisper)

Fortune Has Cast (Power Infusion Link) on (Players name)

I have been messin with it all day and not really getting anywhere, Suggestions?

Re: Power Infusion Macro

Those get really annoying, but if you really want to:

/cast Power Infusion
    /p Fortune cast Power Infusion on %t.

They do get annoying though, especially the whispered ones.

Thanks man, the last thing i wanna tweak is to have the words power infusion actually be the spells link in case i cast it on a newer player who does not know what it is. I don't see it getting annoying if its only dished out once a bossfight maybe 2 on a long one

Man, if you're just using this for randoms? Cast it on yourself and spam Smite. If you're talking about casting it on new players who have to click a link to see what it is, do you really think they'll make good use of it?

its an easy was for them to learn for the next time i pop it on them /shrug

There's an addon that's called CastYeller2 that will link the spell. It also doesn't spam if it was on CD etc.

I was looking for one of these just yesterday and found this one. It will link the spell to them so they know what they're dealing with.

#show Power Infusion
    /script local u,p="target","Power Infusion";if IsSpellInRange(p,u)==1 and GetSpellCooldown(p)==0 then SendChatMessage("You have "..GetSpellLink(p).." for 20 secs! Enjoy the haste!","WHISPER",nil,UnitName(u)) end
    /cast Power Infusion

I just changed the spells and words around for Pain Suppression

#show Pain Suppression
    /script local u,p="target","Pain Suppression";if IsSpellInRange(p,u)==1 and GetSpellCooldown(p)==0 then SendChatMessage(" "..GetSpellLink(p).." on YOU for 8 secs!","WHISPER",nil,UnitName(u)) end
    /cast Pain Suppression

*edit* I'm not sure if this works in Cross-realm random Heroics...

Quote Originally Posted by dway72
    I was looking for one of these just yesterday and found this one. It will link the spell to them so they know what they're dealing with.
    Perfect Thank you Sir!

That's a fantastic macro! However, how do I whisper my GS target if I use a mouseover macro to put GS on them but with a different target?

Quote Originally Posted by Tortious
    That's a fantastic macro! However, how do I whisper my GS target if I use a mouseover macro to put GS on them but with a different target?
    /cast [target=mouseover] Guardian Spirit
    /run SendChatMessage(UnitName("mouseover") .." has GUARDIAN SPIRIT!", "SAY")
    /script SendChatMessage("You have GUARDIAN SPIRIT! ", "WHISPER", nil, UnitName("mouseover"));

If you don't want to announce the buff in /s just remove the 2nd line.

I use these two macro's when I swap to playing Disco

#showtooltip Power Infusion
    /use <insert trinket here if you have an on use one>
    /target <your favourite caster dps>
    /cast Power Infusion
    /stopcasting
    /run local n,r=UnitName("target") if r then n=n.."-"..r end SendChatMessage("***POWER OVERWHELMING***","WHISPER",nil,n)
    /targetlasttarget

For the Disc lovers out there this will cast PI on a pre determined target and send them a message letting them know it's time to pwn and will do so whilst enabling you to keep your current target selected.

/use <Insert on use trinket here>
    /cast Power Infusion
    /stopcasting
    /run local n,r=UnitName("target") if r then n=n.."-"..r end SendChatMessage("***POWER OVERWHELMING***","WHISPER",nil,n)

Same as above but it will cast PI on my current target and notify them. I use both macros when I'm playing Disc because it helps to have this as a backup if you PI target dies or can't be reached.
    Cemetary - Holy/Disc Priest | Quiteconfuzd - Arcane/Fire Mage | Torden - Feral Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary.
    /use <insert trinket here if you have an on use one>
    /target <your favourite caster dps>
    /cast Power Infusion
    /stopcasting
    /targetlasttarget
    You do realize that popping your own trinket has absolutely no impact whatsoever on the effect of PI on your target, right?

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

There looks like quite a few viable macros already listed here, but I can't promise any of them work though they do look very much similar to my macro that I use for both PI and PS and I've never encountered a problem in the dungeon finder with it now that you can whisper the people in your group (even if they aren't on your realm). If none of these work above, I'll try to post my macro for it when I get home from work.

I'm a big fan of Power Infusion myself and I'm using an addon that announces my using it, and on whom. It's called "Announce" :P

For example, I cast PI on Fortune, my addon will work like this ([P] for party, [RA] for raid group, obviously ^^):
    [P] Maledictum: [Power Infusion] on Fortune! (with spell link in between brackets, not only the name) and also
    [W to: Fortune] [Power Infusion] on you!

This addon covers most of the spells, such as Innervate, Guardian Spirit, Hymn of Hope, Lay on Hands, Rebirth, Ressurection so on and so forth, you get the picture.

The good thing about it is that you can choose yourself the spells you want to be annouced and on which channel - I'm usually using both party / raid and /w.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    They do get annoying though, especially the whispered ones.
    I've had my fair share of "stfu with the **** spam" : in randoms but I've also been thanked in raids - even had ppl arguing that they should get it over the others ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary.
    Thanks for this. I didn't realize that the UnitName() function returned the realm info as a second variable in a list. That should fix my PI macro as well

Quote Originally Posted by tibben
    Thanks for this. I didn't realize that the UnitName() function returned the realm info as a second variable in a list. That should fix my PI macro as well
    All good man happy to help

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    You do realize that popping your own trinket has absolutely no impact whatsoever on the effect of PI on your target, right?
    Yeap But I hear lots of healers say they forget to use their 'on use' trinkets all the time so I advise ppl to put it into your PI macro
    Cemetary - Holy/Disc Priest | Quiteconfuzd - Arcane/Fire Mage | Torden - Feral Druid