What am I doing wrong??

I am just baffled by the situation I'm in as a Prot Pally. I can't get into any PuGs, 10 or 25 man, besides the occasional ToC or VoA. On Mok'nathal it's all about "Gearscore" and honestly it's fucking retarded. I have raided through Uld25 Hard on my Rogue and quit a week or 2 after 3.2 came out. (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...exxar&cn=Synnz)

I read guides, I theorycraft, I use Rawr, yet my gear still isn't good enough to get into any raids. I use the (0/53/18) prot spec and SoV, DP, and Judge glyphs like everybody said to maximize threat gen. I've been in groups where a full ICC 25 man ret paladin or rogue couldn't pull of of me if they tried, but still people won't invite me into their raids. I can't even get into an Onyxia 25 man raid with 4.7k gearscore for petes sakes.

All I'm asking is for some suggestions. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...al&cn=Tigoraha is my armory, I think it's showing the fishing pole, but I have Falric's Wrist Chopper with accuracy and Splintered Citadel Door with 20 def on it.

Thanks

EDIT: I know that I don't have any profs, been trying to catch up in schoolwork and don't play that much.

Re: What am I doing wrong??

solution: run your own raids.

Seriously.

Deleted

for starters:

use epic gems.
    black spire sabatons.
    ammonite choker or w/e it's called (drop from lich king event in HoR hc).

EoT trinket

EoF cloak, 50 emblems should only take you 3 weeks of farming heroics.

are the healers retarded or soemthing? you can definitely tank ICC10 easily

If you want people to take you seriously you have to take yourself more seriously, or accept that as a casual player you will be at the bottom of the pick list for pugs. Continue to gear up and maybe start looking for a guild to raid with, do VoA's for your T10 2pc gloves/legs and save your frost emblems to get your trinket/cloak first, if you have gold buy your tanking belt otherwise frost badge one that too.

Aim for ToC 10's and 25's if they take ya, you prob wont get into ICC with your current gear. As mentioned, get epic gems in your gear. Right now if I were to be running a pug and did an armory check I would see someone who looks like they want to be carried through content and im not a saint so when I do pug I am looking for as painless a process as possible.

I'd say replace your shoulders with the ones of the Enduring Order (45 triumphs), replace the essence of gossamer with the armor trinket from triumph badges and craft the breastplate of the white knight.

The shoulders are just flat out better, same with the chest. Losing the 4p t9 is no problem as you shouldn't NEED to shield wall that often anyway.
    The armor trinket (aside from a GS boost... god I hate that mod) is something that is overlooked easily... If they complain about health, put the essence back on and switch back when you start tanking. If people complain after that, link damage taken compared to the other tank

Quote Originally Posted by Tigoraha422
    I am just baffled by the situation I'm in as a Prot Pally. I can't get into any PuGs, 10 or 25 man, besides the occasional ToC or VoA. On Mok'nathal it's all about "Gearscore" and honestly it's fucking retarded.
    Why, let's see.

Neck: can be upgraded from heroic 5man
    Shoulders: triumph badges (no, you don't need tier bonus)
    Cloak: frost badges (BiS btw)
    Chest: i245 crafted, mats are cheap now or frost badges one (BiS for a long time)
    Hands: frost badges (BiS for a long time) or toc25
    Belt: frost badges or toc25
    Legs: crafted (BiS)
    Boots: toc25 or crafted
    Ring: sigh, don't tell me you can't get in for a reputation run
    Trinket1: frost badges
    Trinket2: triumph badges

So, basically, almost every slot on you can be upgraded and for some of them you don't even have to kill raid bosses, just run heroic dungeons.
    And you say people don't want to carry you into a decent raids? But why should they?
    For PUG to be successful everyone should be overgeared ... you are not. That's it.

(Not having a profs doesn't help either btw, when you are inspected).

Quote Originally Posted by Kisko
    Without an ICC raid you can get 19 badges per week => getting all that stuff would take months => pointless advice.

But the thing about the OP missing some obvious stuffs like this is more of a problem, especially as a tank:
    - enchants (chest +8 stats?)
    - professions
    - rare gems
    - HP (some ? 35kish is just lowwwww if you want to join pugs)

Deleted

30stam>24stam. Gem properly

Get Proffesions.

Join a newly recruiting raiding guild, it's a great way to start up and get into ICC They'll take people they need regardless of GS and as a guildy, loot will be fair and then you can either have a great guild and be a core member or get into a better raiding guild later along ^^

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kisko
    Why, let's see.

Neck: can be upgraded from heroic 5man
    Shoulders: triumph badges (no, you don't need tier bonus)
    Chest: i245 crafted, mats are cheap now or frost badges one (BiS for a long time)
    Legs: crafted (BiS)
    Boots: toc25 or crafted
    Ring: sigh, don't tell me you can't get in for a reputation run
    Trinket2: triumph badges

So, basically, almost every slot on you can be upgraded and for some of them you don't even have to kill raid bosses, just run heroic dungeons.
    And you say people don't want to carry you into a decent raids? But why should they?
    For PUG to be successful everyone should be overgeared ... you are not. That's it.

(Not having a profs doesn't help either btw, when you are inspected).

ppl doesnt need to have any better gear then in a guild run ppl just need to know what to do and not to do so your advice is just a bunch of QQ
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

When i started to gear up my tank i ran alot of HC's until i got al triumph gear, and during that I also farmed the 5man icc instances to get shield, wep and such. I ended up at 4.8-4.9 gs (dont remember). On my realm i was invited to ICC10 with 4.9gs, if they dont do that on your realm just create a own raid.

And remember to always equip epic gems, best enchants and so on. Look around on forums on what specc, gems and enchant you should have.

well, here is some lite reading for you

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/

nice info site for prot pala
    and if you don't want to be mocked by pugs then find a guild

ps. skip reckoning and take divine sac/guard instead

1. Get epic gems. When it comes to tanks, people want one with a lot of health. It's either health or no spot in the group, because most people are dumbasses. Just the way it goes as a tank which is sad. Epic gems also increase gearscore if I remember right, and that is your problem you said.
    2. Change out Glyph of Seal of Vengeance (you don't need the expertise that much) for Glyph of Hammer of the Righeous. More AoE threat and damage is always good.
    3. Change out Glyph of Judgement for Glyph of Righteous Defense. If a taunt misses you're boned most of the time, if a judgement does 5 more damage then oh well.
    4. Save up frost emblems for http://www.wowhead.com/item=50466 Cloaks are really hard to get, so might as well get the best one as early as possible.
    5. After ^, I'd say get http://www.wowhead.com/item=50991 Belts can also be a bit of a pain, and it's another 264 so that helps with your gearscore problem too. 3 sockets for stamina, extra armor, BiS for a long time.
    6. Replace +8/10 stats on your chest with +275 Health. It's much better overall besides the very slight threat loss.
    7. Unless you're desperately trying to get over 540 defense, don't gem or enchant for it. I can't see how you're actually doing because of the fishing pole, but you may want to look into this.

Can't think of too much more. Your spec is fine, same as mine was. Just glyphs need looking in to.
    Otherwise it's just gear improvements which will take money, time, and frost emblems. Here's my old prot pally's armory before I quit,
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Vashj&cn=Vask
    For frost stuff, I went Crafted Boots (I had a second 80 to help with saronite, that's the only reason why I did these first) -> Cloak -> Belt -> Trinket (was like 3 emblems off of the stam trinket before I quit)
    Stamina and armor. Remember that. A good goal is 37-8k unbuffed health (the crowd loves it, if not I'd say don't worry about having that much as 33-5k is fine for tanking) with close to 30k armor with dev aura up.

I have played Paladin draenei tank myself. and the fact u are asking this makes me cry. IT
    dinged 80. and within 2/3 weeks i was raiding ICC cause i had the best gear possible to start it. you must do the following:

Gather money for : EPIC GEMMS , MINOR GLYPHS. without this people think u are a joke.

Gather up badges : People prefer heal a paladin jusing 245 trinket from badges, than a blue trinket with stam. Remove the old gear and upgrade it. (even if you lose some HP), with the + 10% buff in ICC these days it won't be a problem. Badges also jused for other parts. Schoulders etc.

Gemming: Stop try to gemm to hit a socket bonus. Unless it is + 12 stam. Remove the agi / stam gemm and trow + 30 stam gemms into it only.
    Glyph : Seal in vengeance is nice but once you hit expertise soft cap can be replaces, Minor glyphs. BUY GLYPH OF UNDEAD. WHEN YOU TRACK UNDEAD IN ICC YOU GET -1% DAMAGE. AND SINCE ALOT IS UNDEAD THERE = BENEFIT.

Professions : Where are they? Level mining to max in 1 day. giving u a + 50 stamine. converting into a roughly + 550 hp from talent bonus. Take jewelcrafting next to it if you have some money (doubt it cause no duel speck , minor glyphs) But with mining u can train jc, or buy mats AH. JC providing + 54 stam gemms if i was right. Giving u 3 gemms x 24 = 500 hp again. You are falling 1k+ HP behind, just from no proffs. VITAL AS TANK.

Talents! : you specked 3/5 in reckoning. This is complete juseless. don't copie speck without watching it yourself. as a new tank you benefit way more from 3/5 divinity. (since you say you can hold threat anyway)
    : Touched of the light, That is also not needed.

You think you ca raid ICC. but for a pug people wanna see 100% juse of options. You are like 80/90% at all. Improve yourself in 1 week by getting all proffs etc max and glyphs, some badges. and week after that u can pug ICC. enjoy. i would take you either at this point of the game with that stats, gear. Also try to get a 232/245 shield.

Also learn 696969 ratotaion. you got 2 in imporved judgement. not needed. spend 1 in it. so it stays 9 seconds. works out better with rotation. spend in 1 benediction.

Another thing i missed out: LEARN THE 69696 ROTATION. THIS IS VITAL AS A PALADIN TANK. and i see you have 2 talents in improved judgement. this makes your judgements a 8 second cooldown. Equal to a fucked up rotation in long fights. (every raid boss) Spend 1 talent in it. and spend the other talent in -2% mana for attacks. (benediction) You are on the good way. but you need some shaping. GL.

Sadly stamina is what blizzard is making us go for. If you can't take 2x 20k hits and a little aoe damage w/ out dying...your fuuuked. So you can't say it's stupid, but what is even more stupid is me gemming out full Agi as a bear to get like 70% dodge and then die because RNG was more than my EH. Thankfully they are fixing this in Cat.
    Tripawd 80 Druid <Blood Faith> Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by Pkite

To those stuck up people, if you want to feel special then find the cure for cancer. I heard no one got the achievement yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio
    2. Change out Glyph of Seal of Vengeance (you don't need the expertise that much) for Glyph of Hammer of the Righeous. More AoE threat and damage is always good.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Vashj&cn=Vask
    2) no ..... just no ..... just DON'T do it Expertise is far better than an extra hit with hotr.

Quote Originally Posted by Hevlex
    a) Gemming: Stop try to gemm to hit a socket bonus. Unless it is + 12 stam. Remove the agi / stam gemm and trow + 30 stam gemms into it only.
    b) Glyph : Seal in vengeance is nice but once you hit expertise soft cap can be replaces.

c) Talents! : you specked 3/5 in reckoning. This is complete juseless. don't copie speck without watching it yourself. as a new tank you benefit way more from 3/5 divinity. (since you say you can hold threat anyway)
    d) Touched of the light, That is also not needed.
    a) Red + 9 gems should be taken and 1 red gem is needed for the meta gem anyway => fail advice
    b) Again: Do not switch out of Glyph of SoV -.-

c) I love speck:

d) wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Hevlex
    Another thing i missed out: LEARN THE 69696 ROTATION. THIS IS VITAL AS A PALADIN TANK. and i see you have 2 talents in improved judgement. this makes your judgements a 8 second cooldown. Equal to a fucked up rotation in long fights. (every raid boss) Spend 1 talent in it. and spend the other talent in -2% mana for attacks. (benediction) You are on the good way. but you need some shaping. GL.
    Bad advice on the talents, as you should have a ret/warrior to do might/battleshout for 10 or 25-man, maxing 2 points in
    Improved Judgements and 3 in Heart of the Crusader is where it´s best spent to reach Vindication, SoC, PoJ and Crusade.'
    The suggestion at going for -2% manacost is just lol.
    Having 1 extra second leeway to adjust your rotation for lag or when tanking more than 1 mob is just handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution
    Bad advice on the talents, as you should have a ret/warrior to do might/battleshout for 10 or 25-man, maxing 2 points in
    Improved Judgements and 3 in Heart of the Crusader is where it´s best spent to reach Vindication, SoC, PoJ and Crusade.'
    The suggestion at going for -2% manacost is just lol.
    Having 1 extra second leeway to adjust your rotation for lag or when tanking more than 1 mob is just handy.
    You can spent 2 points in Imp. Judgement as long as you can innately learn the 9696 rotation. Personally, I've found that as tanking, its more useful to do 1/2 Imp Judgement simply because the timing is far easier and becomes one less thing to track.

Mana cost reduction is still nice, the only time you'll have a full mana bar is if you're MTing a boss, otherwise, you'll start to run OOM.

That 1 extra second for lag, Judgement isn't your highest threat ability anyways, so if you lag, you'll likely be skipping your judgement attack and use something else, HoTR or SHoR.

And even if an extra add comes, you as a paladin have 2 taunts plus an emergency BOP taunt, so again, that one extra second reduction in judgement is a wasted talent point

Quote Originally Posted by Todyn
    You can spent 2 points in Imp. Judgement as long as you can innately learn the 9696 rotation. Personally, I've found that as tanking, its more useful to do 1/2 Imp Judgement simply because the timing is far easier and becomes one less thing to track.

Mana cost reduction is still nice, the only time you'll have a full mana bar is if you're MTing a boss, otherwise, you'll start to run OOM.

That 1 extra second for lag, Judgement isn't your highest threat ability anyways, so if you lag, you'll likely be skipping your judgement attack and use something else, HoTR or SHoR.

And even if an extra add comes, you as a paladin have 2 taunts plus an emergency BOP taunt, so again, that one extra second reduction in judgement is a wasted talent point
    Learning to do 9/6/9/6/9 with 2/2 imp judge is no big feat... Just don't press that button for 1 more second?
    I also NEVER run oom. Do you even keep divine plea up? If you don't: you're doing it wrong. If you do and still run oom: you're still doing it wrong.

You use judgement to apply Judgements of the Just, Heart of the Crusader, judgement of light/wisdom AND for threat... There's more to judgement than damage.

Okay so this mob spawns, you taunt it and it runs towards you. Now we have Jack the fury warrior... he wirlwinds, hits that target and guess what: he pull it off you! You use your second taunt and it runs towards you again. If it's too far away deep wounds ticks will make it go back on Jack. A judge there would've been handy, no?
    Now in this situation imp. judge will turn it into your favor maybe 1% of the time... still, your argument is invalid.
    2% mana reduction on your skills is more useless than 2/2 imp judge. And once again, if you run oom: you're doing it wrong.