How to play shadow priest? (PVP)

So I recently just got up, and said to myself.. I am going to play a shadow priest call me a nerd if you want but hey.. Anyways I was wondering if someone could tell me like any tips or anything build even a youtube video that may teach some noob how to play a shadow priest in pvp..

Something like the warlock pvp guide someone poseted up on youtube a while back it shows 1v1 against each class and how to beat them as a warlock..

Like is there a certain rotation a shadow priest does or is it different against mose classes depending on how things go? Some people will probably be like wtflol? pvp rotation? But in some way you have to throw your spells out in some type of rotation pvp or pve doesn't matter.

So im just asking if someone could post the best pvp build for shadow priest, maybe a rotation/tips.

thanks in advance

Re: How to play shadow priest? (PVP)

I'm new to Shadow PVP as well, and I've done quite a few BG's and so far gotten to 1400 2v2 with a friend on Arena, Spriest isn't REALLY hard to play.

With Silence and a Disarm, you can pretty much handle any class without too much trouble.

You can also Dispersion out of movement impairing effects, as well as using Fade to remove them.

What I do is I just load up DoTs and if it's melee, fear them away then disarm them when they come back; or if it's ranged/caster, just load up DoTs, run up and fear them, then nuke with MB/SW: D and Mind Flay. You can also Silence them once they get out of the fear.

Same with healers, just DoT em' up, fear and silence. As long as your gear is somewhat good (at least Furious or higher) you shouldn't have much trouble.

Tips:

-Always remember to cast PW:Shield on yourself.
    -Keep those DoTs a-tickin'!
    -Dispersion can also be used as an "OH SHIT!" button if your opponent pops CD's or is doing a lot of damage to you
    -Remember that you can always fear them again once they use their trinket, and pop out of Shadowform to heal yourself. PoM, Renew, and maybe a few Flash Heals if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I myself don't do arenas, I lost intrest in them a long time ago.

As for BGs, the best advice i can give you it to stay alive (Duh). A dead player cant get kills. I you and someone else are defending a flag and 4 enemies ride up... run away(unless you know you can hold them off the flag because reinforcments are on the way). you can always regroup and assult with others.

Another thing i do is keep people between yourself and the enemy. people in front are usually targeted first.

As for rotation, get your DoTs on asap and Mind Blast/Flay the crap outta people.

Personally, i dont like to multi-dot targets. I like to focus on a person and try to nuke him/her down asap. I always target melee first, unless they have a good healer with them (since i pvp in my pve gear i can usually out-dps incoming heals)

the best advice though.. practice, practice, practice. O, and avoid rogues, disarm them and run.. dot them on the run if you can, but if a rogue gets on you, 90% of the time you = dead.

Practise your macros in bgs learn your class to the level where you know the cons and pros vs each opponent.Then join are and just practise,because nothing is better than you trying to get better other than seeing others.On a side note (and a bit more helpfull) try warcraft movies arena section you may find some shadowpriest rogue/mage videos and shatterplays.

Quote Originally Posted by masa420
    O, and avoid rogues, disarm them and run.. dot them on the run if you can, but if a rogue gets on you, 90% of the time you = dead.
    What are you talking about? I faceroll rogues as Shadow. :-\

Just trinket Kidney Shot, DoT them up, fear, they'll blow their trinket on it EVERY time. You can Mind Flay them during the fear, and just Disarm when they get back to you. I've never had a problem with Rogues. If they cloak, just Dispersion and re-DoT when cloak is over.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    I'm sorry, but no.

Rogues have been chopping down priests since pre-BC.. i know this because i play both shadow(main) and a rogue(alt). a decent rogue will own even the best priests with ease. I only said 90% of the time because a priest will need everything to go his way to win (trinket off CD, PH off CD, disperse off CD). A priest will need all of these to even stand a chance.

Basically, ignore everything people say about rock paper scissors and stay away from 1v1's unless you are prepared to blow every CD to win.

Which, btw, if you have enough resil and patience, you can kill anything 1v1 except a decently geared resto druid (the time spent dispelling dots is time spent not doing damage)

General tips, multidot to your heart's content, if you see an even battle that will last more than a few gcd's, then multidotting will most likely win you the overall battle in that BG just due to teammates randomly switching to a target you already have dots on and the dispell protection from VE is nasty against weaker oponants.

In general for arena, be especially wary at first of pther priests, if you dont have a lot of experience with the class, getting beaten by a priest who just played better will teach you more than any guide. Watch for when they use hymns (you have them too as shadow) learn to macro heal combo's/use greater heal to bait an interrupt then/ switch forms a lot, use shadowfiend as a dps cooldown (seriously!) chaining cc's is actually very easy as shadow because of the shorter fear cd, disarm, silence and possible racial (BE). partner with anything you like basically.

BG's are literally the most fun you will have in this game if you are playing for fun. Topping damage is a regularity and wrecking ball is a definite possibility if you play smart. Gear for haste offsets, resil needs to be high, but not at the expense off too much damage. Dispel is still drastically overpowered and you need ot use it both offensively and defensively. mana burn is less useful, but if you play a drain spec can be worth it if you spec into it

I have had soem fun playing shadow in bg's, and arena to some small extent.In bg's just play safe, don't rambo groups and don't expect to score a kill on targets immediatey you face off against em.

It helsp ALOT to understand the classes your against just in case your up against em 1v1 or 1v2 in bg's .For example you wanna keep dispelling disease up against dk's , and save psychic horror for warriors when they blade storm you.

in general what you wanna know to get good at shadow pvp
    --Duel alot, it will help you know how these classes behave and give you some initial experience with dealing with them
    --Read up on their pvp specs and what their streangths are http://www.arenajunkies.com/
    --Keep shield up in combat
    --don't just blow your cd's off the bat, save them coz you may actually need em strategically later on(comes with experience)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Ok well here is the spec I pvp with and it seems to do well for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZy1wK1VHGQ

Its very simular to the pve spec, i just sacrificed points to get the pvp tricks. As for rotation if you see a rogue or a druid dot them with SW:P immediatly, stand back. If you have say 3 targets target first one VT, SW:P, target second one VT, SW:P, target tird one VT, SW:P, DP open up on his ass.

Make sure Inner Fire is kept up along with PW:S.

Do not forget that Fade can get you out of Movment imparing abilities

Dispell shit off you (plz be aware of UA and VT that may be on you)

Against melee and hunters get your dots going and run. When they reach you fear them, MF, when they reach you again Disarm, and run (all the while you are keeping your dots up of course)

Against caster also hunters will be fine:
    Dot and then LoS. Pop out to re Dot. they will die eventually. And if you LoS they cant hit you, plus you can heal yourself. Throw a quick PoM and renew and just stay away from damage.

Shad priest is almost a cowardly class in the regards that you dot and let the dots do most of the damage, but thats just how it is. Hopefully this helped you some
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

Quote Originally Posted by Crad
    So I recently just got up, and said to myself.. I am going to play a shadow priest call me a nerd if you want but hey.. Anyways I was wondering if someone could tell me like any tips or anything build even a youtube video that may teach some noob how to play a shadow priest in pvp..

Something like the warlock pvp guide someone poseted up on youtube a while back it shows 1v1 against each class and how to beat them as a warlock..

Like is there a certain rotation a shadow priest does or is it different against mose classes depending on how things go? Some people will probably be like wtflol? pvp rotation? But in some way you have to throw your spells out in some type of rotation pvp or pve doesn't matter.

So im just asking if someone could post the best pvp build for shadow priest, maybe a rotation/tips.

thanks in advance

Do like this mate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnPQBFe7-nU

Quote Originally Posted by Vook

Just trinket Kidney Shot, DoT them up, fear, they'll blow their trinket on it EVERY time. You can Mind Flay them during the fear, and just Disarm when they get back to you. I've never had a problem with Rogues. If they cloak, just Dispersion and re-DoT when cloak is over.
    You play against crappy rogues then... the moment they trinket the fear, they SHOULD be cloaking and vanishing... and starting all over... and this time you don't have a trinket.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    You play against crappy rogues then... the moment they trinket the fear, they SHOULD be cloaking and vanishing... and starting all over... and this time you don't have a trinket.
    And also this time the Rogue does not have a trinket, or cloak, or vanish.

That is, unless they pop Preparation. Which, they'd have to be REALLY determined to kill you, a single person, to blow every CD on you.

Dont forget about Blind either.