Thread: Should I wait?

Should I wait?

Heya. I've always loved druids, and always wanted to level one. I was originally going to level one as my main when I first started, but then my friend wanted me to roll a mage to port him around. I had fun with a mage, but I wanted to tank. I came back to the thought of the druid, but my friend yet again said otherwise. Roll a DK he says, you'll get to 80 faster, and they're good tanks. After learning I didn't care for DK tanking, my friend suggested a warrior. Now I liked warrior tanking, but spamming cleave to get aoe threat while tabbing furiously and keeping my eyes glued to omen to time shield slams wasn't quite for me. I again jumped on the bandwagon and rolled a pally.

After finally having a tank I could tank without forming a cyst in my wrist, I decided now was the time to level a druid, but my friend (different one this time) was having a lot of trouble on his rogue, so I rolled one so I could play with the rotations and help him out with his dps. I admit I fell madly in love with rogues, and I still maintain that. I admit it, I'm addicted to topping DPS charts. However, now that I'm to the point where the only upgrades I can get are from ICC 10/25 and frost badges, there isn't a terrible amount left to do on my rogue outside of raiding, so I thought perhaps now is the time to finally level my druid...

That is untill I learned that trolls would open up as druids in Caty. I'm a strict horde player, so I admit I'm intrigued by the thought of a troll druid. I've heard talks of new forms (some of these seem like just rumors, like the tanking form being a spider) but it doesn't seem too far fetched given what we've seen from trolls since Zul'Gurub up through Zul'Drak that thier forms may have a more tribal flavor. This has me yet again wanting to wait to level a druid. That being said, I do like tauren. Both my warrior and my DK are Tauren, and I admit, the first chance I get I'm race changing my pally to a Tauren, I just hate elves in general.

I'm appealing to seasoned druids out there...should I wait? Has it been confirmed or denied that the troll forms will be different from the existing Tauren forms? I'm guessing the change would be largely Aesthetic, and wouldn't really change gameplay much. Regardless, my decision will be largely based on this and weather or not a druid is fun to level. I've pretty much palyed all the classes the druid forms are based on, So I'm hoping it will stay fresh. I've been toying with the idea of leveling as balance, though i've heard it is a somewhat bad idea, hoping that isn't true, as it seems kitty leveling would just be a clone of rogue leveling.

Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated.

Re: Should I wait?

but then my friend wanted me to roll a mage to port him around
    I wouldn't trust your friend.

As for your questions, you could always race change if you wanted, I mean you mentioned you were going to race change your Pally into a Tauren anyway so an extra $25 bucks is up to you. Plus, it'd make it way easier to catch up to 85 if you got started on it now.

As for leveling suggestions, feral I always found to be easier just because of the efficiency; you can basically nonstop pull like a rogue, but you can heal yourself instead of eating food to continue the chain. Overall it's very fast and you still have a great part of that rogue playstyle which you said you were really into, without it being a complete clone.

If you do decide to level Balance, at least wait until 40 for the change, as it becomes much more beneficial for you at 40 when you get boomkin form. Until then, I found feral to be the absolute best method.