Thread: 41/30 vs 40/31

41/30 vs 40/31

Hi! My main spec is Demonology (deep demo) and I'm having trouble trying to decide which will work better for my offspec. My chouces are either 41/30 (with felguard) or 40/31 (with conflag). I know that going deep afflic or destro would be better, but, I really enjoy the demo spec (molten core procs and Decimation are so much fun imo). I would only be using this spec for heroics and on the rare occasion that there is another demo lock in whatever raid I'm in.

So, in short, which of the two specs will preform better?

41/30: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0q-v1YY,,11723
    40/31: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...qeqlu5W,,11723

Re: 41/30 vs 40/31

First off i have tried any of the specs you post but your deep demon spec are still preforming well even with another demon lock in the raid

I read in another post here that if two demo locks are in the raid, the strong demon pact won't always be up. And my gear is not amazing yet, so I would want a good spec to fall back on to make sure the raid is getting the best DP

Deleted

The Demonic Pact issue will be pretty trivial compared to the loss of DPS you and your raid will suffer if you try to run with either of those specs.

I was under the impression that a 56/15 was the best demo spec

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...within&group=2

CoD > Immo > Corr > SB (Incin x3 when MC proc)

using a macro for SB to cast meta / demonic empowerment whenever it's up, along with usable trinkets if applicable
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

in short... 41/30 with the felguard...

but like someone mentioned above, i wouldn't run that in a raid... might go deep destro with shadowfury and imp sl if you're concerned that your "demonology" slot has been filled... i don't really see a problem with two demon locks in the same raid though... i mean besides things dying too quick...

15+ Year Old Account

41/30 or 40/31 are fun specs to play but that's it. They will result in less dps than a "pure" build as per the links in the sticky.

And kudos if you ever manage to top a meter - it means you were playing with lesser geared/skilled players, not that you are something fantastic or the spec is actually viable. You still would have done more damage than that with a mainstream build played properly.

R.I.P. YARG

If you just want a 'for fun' off-spec, then don't go 41/30. If you go 41/30 the only difference in playstyle is using Incinerate instead of Shadow Bolt. If you go 40/31 when at least you get a new spell and different pet.

You really would have more fun with an Afflic, or Destro off-spec though. Even as 41/30 you're going to find the playstyle is basically the same as deep Demo, while doing a bunch less DPS.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by admielke
    I don't get it... both Improved Shadow Bolt and Emberstorm? With Incinerate Glyph? And Mana Feed why? No, just no...
    No to any hybrid build... they're just not worth it... and really no to this one...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.