Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tier 9 2 piece bug?

So, mage alt is close to 4 tier ten and I was messing around with my gear to see if I should break the set early, as I could use the hit from one of the pieces I haven't bought yet (was planning to buy 2 at a time). Anyways, I discovered that after putting up my molten armor, and removing a piece that gave me the bonus, I still received the bonus crit, so I can equip two pieces for the bonus, use the molten armor, then switch to my better gear and still retain the extra crit. Is this a known bug, or just a tooltip error? Granted, not a huge buff considering the lack of spirit on ICC gear anyway, just though I'd see if this was an error or not.

Re: Tier 9 2 piece bug?

I'll give you a dollar if you, and everybody else, stop making this bug known. I like my free crits. Learn this my friend: if you have a bug that you like, don't tell anybody about it.

Shrug, was just wanting to make sure it wasn't a tooltip error mainly before I started taking some of the spirit pieces that were going to get sharded in raids for use on this little bug.

Deleted

And I just sharded the 2 t9 pieces I had in my bank

Quote Originally Posted by Sinizine
    Shrug, was just wanting to make sure it wasn't a tooltip error mainly before I started taking some of the spirit pieces that were going to get sharded in raids for use on this little bug.
    I tried that out, it doesn't give you the crit rate you have when you use MA with 2pc t9, it just turns your MA buff into what it would be if you were always wearing t9 as long as you buff yourself with MA while wearing t9. It'll count the spirit on your real gear towards the crit bonus, not the gear you where when you buff.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    I'll give you a dollar if you, and everybody else, stop making this bug known. I like my free crits. Learn this my friend: if you have a bug that you like, don't tell anybody about it.
    That philosophy worked out real well for Ensidia.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Quote Originally Posted by Orumis
    That philosophy worked out real well for Ensidia.
    Exploits are different than bugs, my friend, and this one is pretty minor regardless of what you think it is.

10+ Year Old Account

Exploits are different than bugs, my friend, and this one is pretty minor regardless of what you think it is.
    Not really. There was a bug with the engineering bombs in the Lich King fight. Ensidia exploited it for the kill.

You are doing the same thing, actually, from what I can tell (obviously the impact is far less). There's a bug with t9 2 piece that you are benefiting from. You are exploiting it for improved stats.

I know it's minor, but the philosophy can get you banned, was my point (hiding a bug for personal benefit and advantage over others)
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Not really. There was a bug with the engineering bombs in the Lich King fight. Ensidia exploited it for the kill.

You are doing the same thing, actually, from what I can tell (obviously the impact is far less). There's a bug with t9 2 piece that you are benefiting from. You are exploiting it for improved stats.

I know it's minor, but the philosophy can get you banned, was my point (hiding a bug for personal benefit and advantage over others)
    People find out over time, and there are a ton of bus that give advantages that blizzard accepts as their own mistakes. If it's a blatent huge advantage I sit back and avoid it (like the bombs on LK, no shit ground flying back up isn't intended), but if it's minor, I don't see anybody getting banned for it, though I do see it getting fixed. I don't know why like 2% crit would get anyone banned, clever use of game mechanics imo!

15+ Year Old Account

breaking an encounter to make it laughably easy is equitable to 15% extra spirit to crit? really?
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle

breaking an encounter to make it laughably easy is equitable to 15% extra spirit to crit? really?

If you take it too far, it can get you banned. Was. my. point.

-Thomas Hildern

uh no. A bug is something you do once and go "Hey thats not suppose to happen" an exploit is when you take said bug and continue to use it.

Moron.

15+ Year Old Account

If you take it too far, it can get you banned. Was. my. point.

by that logic, i should have been banned 18 times over for spellstealing the haste buff from ZA during WSG queues.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account

by that logic, i should have been banned 18 times over for spellstealing the haste buff from ZA during WSG queues.
    How is that a bug? By your logic, any clever use of game mechanics, not bugs, is worth a ban.
    -Thomas Hildern

15+ Year Old Account

How is that a bug? By your logic, any clever use of game mechanics, not bugs, is worth a ban.
    and that's the point: who is to decide what is clever and what is an exploit? what's a bug and what's just silly? blizzard. until they dole out bans for this, it's nothing serious and no one cares.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account

and that's the point: who is to decide what is clever and what is an exploit? what's a bug and what's just silly? blizzard. until they dole out bans for this, it's nothing serious and no one cares.
    /facepalm

Premise: The bonus is meant to be obtained only while using and wearing tier 9. It's included in the tooltip of the gear for a reason.

Result: You are able to have the bonus without wearing tier 9.

Premise =/= Result --- BUG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Premise: Steals a beneficial magic effect from a target, whenever

Result: Stealing a beneficial magical effect from a boss, before a bg

Premise = Result --- NOT A BUG

I never said bans should be issued for this. I said that philosophy is one that can potentially get you banned

I feel dumber just explaining this
    -Thomas Hildern

15+ Year Old Account

you should, because you got trolled. hard.

by the way, the buff from flame casters is meant to be used ONLY in ZA. being ported into a battleground and using the spell is not intended and can be seen as an exploit, more so than the 0.15 increase in spirit to crit ratio.

you're bitching about the most obscure and unnecessary thing on the planet, and i made you feel more stupid for it. my work is complete. off to sleep.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account

you should, because you got trolled. hard.

by the way, the buff from flame casters is meant to be used ONLY in ZA. being ported into a battleground and using the spell is not intended and can be seen as an exploit, more so than the 0.15 increase in spirit to crit ratio.

you're bitching about the most obscure and unnecessary thing on the planet, and i made you feel more stupid for it. my work is complete. off to sleep.
    Oh, GOD...

you should go to bed, because you just got trolled. hard.

by the way, the buff from the flame casters, just like any buff, is able to be spellstolen! and just like any other buff in this game, can be taken into a battleground!! so you are using the spell as it is intended and it is not a bug, unlike the tier 9 bug!

you're right! I am still arguing! I would stop responding and go to bed, but guess who's responding to me every time a post something right... you!!! guess who started bitching with me in the first place? you! but clearly, I'm the only one still bitchin!

and because you don't understand sarcasm, and you just made yourself look stupid to everyone on this site with your clear misunderstanding of this game, my work is complete. off to sleep.

<3
    -Thomas Hildern

Swizzle, does it say in the ZA caster buff that it's only meant to be used in ZA?
    Does 2p bonus mean that you have to wear 2 items of that set to be able to get the buff?

To OP I agree and I would consider it a bannable thing. Not a major one but it really isn't the point always. Exploiting a known bug over and over again is bannable be it minor or major.

My 2cents.

the reason i wont do it - the crit aint worth my time!

haha.
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.