Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Tier 9 2 piece bug?

Seems like they've fixed this on the PTR by making you lose molten armor whenever you change an item piece.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arcdragon
    Its a bug because you basically get an extra set bonus.

A bug that might net you ONE PERCENT MORE CRIT.

OH TEH NOES.

I guess everyone will have another reason to roll mages now. All other classes can die since they lack the extra ONE PERCENT MORE CRIT.
    Was responding to the quote in my post, in which Swizzle said spellstealing a buff in ZG before a WSG battle, "according to my logic," should have earned him a ban. And I never said it was game-breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by legendariuz
    Who cares if it's a bug, an exploit or any of that shit, just be clever enough to use that kind of stuff without letting other people know. If you stay quiet and do your own game no harm will come to you.

To the rest of the people QQ'ing for being bannable or not, who cares the fuck up, just play the fucking game.
    If you use a bug for competitive advantages without reporting it to Blizzard and consistently gain an advantage through it, and someone reports you or something, they have all the rights to take action against you. All I was trying to say was the action of exploiting a bug to your advantage and keeping it a secret can result in action taken against you and if you don't want that to happen, you can either be "super sneaky" or just report it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaker_KBL
    i would add it to the "clever use of game mechanics" like the other trick where locks enslaved that demon with the 5min haste buff
    The only reason it's different is because it's clearly designed so that the bonus is gained when you are wearing that gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos
    Seems like they've fixed this on the PTR by making you lose molten armor whenever you change an item piece.
    Good, guess not everyone's so secretive.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

15+ Year Old Account

did you really quote the same guy twice with two different responses?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    flower power. that is all.
    Flower Power..... /sigh. How dense can people still be about that.
    Did it do something that shouldn't be possible? No. All it did was increase damage.
    Had Blizzard thought about the use of it in a speedkill encounter like Hodir, no but it was not something that broke any mechanics of the fight.
    Blizzard did however feel that it did give to much advantage and also in a way support class stacking out of the ordinary, thus it was changed.

Purposely using abilities that breaks/intervene with game mechanics = Exploit (Saronite Bombs on LK/Healing aggro from inside Yogg)
    Taking advantage of abilities/buffs which should not be active due to requirements not being met = Exploit (In this case T9 2-part bonus without any parts being worn)
    Using a spell/buff in a way that does not alter mechanics of any kind in which is used = Cleaver. (But not always Intended)(Flower Power and Hodir)

15+ Year Old Account

cleaver eh? i think i'll call all of those things cleaver and end it at that.
    BfA Beta Time

It's a bug and no GMs won't ban you for it.
    I should've made a screenshot of the reply from my ticket where the GM said that they know about the bug but I could enjoy it while it lasted.

It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    did you really quote the same guy twice with two different responses?
    Even I make mistakes.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern