Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Stay Disc or go Holy?

I love how heaps of the arguements in this thread are "LOLOLOL SHIELD SPAM IS FUN LOL".

Holy isn't any different these days, you change shield spam to renew, and you still use the same 3 spells (disc has 4).

Renew/Shield
    PoM
    Flash Heal
    and Penance for Disc.

And for the record, my priest is Disc specced currently with Holy as my off spec, and i have healed all IC bosses other then LK as both Disc and Holy.

you actually forgot to mention PoH, CoH and GS which are quite more often used as holy specced (at least for the last 2). oh and dispelling debuffs help a lot even if doesn't make me top meters as long as i won't let someone die because of that.

oddly enough, i'd rather spam flash heal than renew with my holy spec as renew tends to go 80% to waste. and flash heal also serves for serendipity charges, renew doesn't.

it doesn't mean i never use renew, just that i use more than 3-4 buttons even if i could manage using that much too.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes
    you actually forgot to mention PoH, CoH and GS which are quite more often used as holy specced (at least for the last 2). oh and dispelling debuffs help a lot even if doesn't make me top meters as long as i won't let someone die because of that.

oddly enough, i'd rather spam flash heal than renew with my holy spec as renew tends to go 80% to waste. and flash heal also serves for serendipity charges, renew doesn't.

it doesn't mean i never use renew, just that i use more than 3-4 buttons even if i could manage using that much too.
    Discipline: Flash Heal, PoM, PoH, PW:S, Penance, Pain Suppression, Power Infusion (which can make us a PoH machine for a while, for non DPS intensive fights of course where I can use it on myself).

Holy: Flash Heal, PoM, PoH, Renew, CoH, Guardian Spirit.

They really aren't that much different, he was right. Holy doesn't have more buttons. They even both have a "proc" to react to. Surge of Light for Holy and Borrowed Time for Discipline. Holy can use PW:S sometimes but Discipline can use Renew sometimes also. I've played both specs in all current Heroic 25 content and the difference is the "feeling" of the style. Other than that, both specs are using 99% the same toolkit and both trying to "combo" their spells for the best effect. It's the <Specs Main Spell> - PoM - Filler - Filler - Filler - PoH - etc "rotation" for both specs (sometimes that gets changed up of course, just generally speaking).

** Regardless, this debate is old and stupid, neither is more difficult, play what you enjoy and don't knock something until you try it. And by try it I mean really learn the ins and outs of the spec and try it. Even if you dislike the style, learn to appreciate what it brings to the table, both specs are extremely powerful and extremely useful in ALL content types currently, time to let this die **

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Holy would be nice for AoE healing. But you have to know you might fall behind on tank healing. Or mana. Since disk is more mana efficient

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana
    For me, Holy has always been the best healing spec. I feel handicapped as disc.

But yeah, the two packs after pit of saron's Eck are hard for any healing spec if you are not overgearing the instance.

I'd say try holy and feel the might of CoH and PoHs. No reason not to try it for a week or two. But in the end it's whether or not you like the healing style of the spec. Which is different for every player.
    I say do both, dual spec Holy/Disc, I'm working on my priest too now, I can't feel comfortable playing my druid healing as I do on my priest which I've healed scenes vanilla, thru Kara/Gruuls/TK, & now in Wrath & which I started healing in Wrath on my druid,

there a Holy priest in my ICC raid alright but as dual speced u can support the other healer & the DPS (power infusion) or go pure healing, & thought of to ask to get a shaman in there but that another story...

I also feel handicapped when I play as Disc but I plan to master it like I did with Holy...now to the point....

either u want to do damage absorb/nearly infinite mana <more forgiving> or really big heals but too many mistakes can cost u yr mana pool

overall if u do both that can be a pain in itself
    Redlightning

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix
    Holy would be nice for AoE healing. But you have to know you might fall behind on tank healing. Or mana.
    Why would you even be tank healing as holy? Other than 5 man heroics maybe.

Both are nice for AoE healing. I've healed ICC 10 and 25 as holy and disc, and after seeing the fights time and time again, i'm healing most of the place as disc and the rest (2 fights at a guess) as holy.

If you are wanting to stay heals, i say try holy and disc, see which playstyle you prefer, both can be alo of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Holy isn't any different these days, you change shield spam to renew, and you still use the same 3 spells (disc has 4).

Renew/Shield
    PoM
    Flash Heal
    and Penance for Disc.
    You forgot CoH. Disc can't instantly heal 6 people for 6k+

And yeah Caeadas, that's just dumb and off-topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".