Attack Target or Focus Target macro...suggestions?

I made a macro with a couple of purposes and I'm wondering if it can be improved or changed. Here are the functions of the macro:
    1) cast spell on current target if exists, not dead, and bad guy
    2) cast spell on focus' target if above conditions are not met and focus' target exists, not dead and bad guy

3) target remains current target if current target exists, not dead, and bad guy
    4) target changes to focus' target if above conditions are not met and focus' target exists, not dead and bad guy

#showtooltip <spell>
    /cast [@target,exists,harm,nodead][@focustarget,exists,harm,nodead] <spell>
    /target [@target,exists,harm,nodead][@focustarget,exists,harm,nodead]

The reason for this is that I'm leveling a shadow priest and since I have zero aoe (don't count holy nova as this would drop me out of shadow form and sucks mana) I have to single target everything to attack it. I thought this macro would be beneficial so that if I don't currently have a target it will automatically attack my focus' target (I focus the tank as soon as I enter the instance) and target that target. If I do have a target I will continue to attack that target until it is dead and then it would automatically switch to whichever target the tank is currently on.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve this or shorten it I would appreciate it. Otherwise perhaps someone else might find this to be a useful macro.

Re: Attack Target or Focus Target macro...suggestions?

It actually looks pretty solid for what you want it to do. Even the syntax is already as short as possible.

I was thinking maybe the /target @target part could be cut down a little bit since it actually serves no purpose on it's own... but then when you have the focustarget line after it, it's important to keep that there to maintain your current target.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

If i got it right, you are looking for something like mine: /cast [Target=focus. exists] <Spell>

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous
    It actually looks pretty solid for what you want it to do. Even the syntax is already as short as possible.

I was thinking maybe the /target @target part could be cut down a little bit since it actually serves no purpose on it's own... but then when you have the focustarget line after it, it's important to keep that there to maintain your current target.
    Right. I needed to maintain my current target or else I would be auto switching to the tank's target every time. Which, I can assure you, is very annoying when you are just tab targeting to throw up a DoT on everything before returning to your focus' target. That's how I had it set up initially and I couldn't handle it because I have debuff timers that pop up each time I switch targets to show which debuffs (DoTs) I currently have on that target. The problem was that before I could even see if my SW:P or VT had gotten on my current target the target would switch back to the focus' target. I just want to make sure I didn't miss before I switch targets.