Stat Breakdown addon

So, i was looking at the conversion rates that Rating Buster was giving me on my shaman and they're pretty much wrong. For example;

(Ele Shaman)

Rating buster: 10 haste = 0.40% haste (25 haste = 1%)
    Actual Calcs: 10 haste = 0.30493...% haste (32.7935... haste = 1%)

Rating buster: 20 hit = 0.76% hit (26.3157... = 1%)
    Actual Calcs: 20 hit = 0.762418 (26.2323... = 1%)

Okay so the hit isn't off that much, but the haste is off by a long shot.

Basically, is there an addon which does basically the same as RatingBuster, but it's actually accurate? - I'd like the addon to either update with current buffs (such as kings) or has an option to check whether you want to do the values which would affect kings.

So instead of stamina being 10stam = 100hp, kings is +10% ontop of that, plus then when you go to bear form (as a druid ofc... i know what some of the people would think, what? a shaman going into bear form?!) it would have to change again to accomodate for the talents and form change which increase the stam -> hp conversion.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Re: Stat Breakdown addon

Ratingbuster should be accurate and it is definitely the best addon for the job.

It of course rounds its percents to the nearest hundreth, so maybe doublecheck that it didn't say 0.30% or that your Windfury\Wrath of Air totem wasn't messing with the number somehow, since haste is multiplicative.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous
    Ratingbuster should be accurate and it is definitely the best addon for the job.

It of course rounds its percents to the nearest hundreth, so maybe doublecheck that it didn't say 0.30% or that your Windfury\Wrath of Air totem wasn't messing with the number somehow, since haste is multiplicative.
    I didn't have any buffs present while checking the numbers over. - I figured that it would have just been rounded down to 2dp, but it's still incorrect - I imagine that the creator punched in a 4 instead of a 3 for haste.

I've tried to locate where the (extra?) haste is allocated in the addon but i can't seem to find it.

Without WoA

With WoA
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

It does count being in Bear Form, and im quite sure it also does with Kings..
    Enhancement Shaman, Kalokagathós, Burning Steppes-EU
    Death is a gift, Life is just the paper wrapped around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalokagathos
    It does count being in Bear Form, and im quite sure it also does with Kings..
    I was talking about the alternative addon.

Even so, again there's a stamina flaw in Rating Buster unless i'm missing something.

(unbuffed) 100stamina item gives me 1081.2hp according to RB. - Which is incorrect according to my health bar when i take the item off / put it on.

I am to believe that in caster form i should only gain 8% ontop of that 100stamina, which would be 108stamina -> 1080hp due to Survival of the Fittest and the two points in improved mark of the wild (Yes, the 2% still increases your stats without you buffing it). This is also the number that i get while taking the item off. - I can't comment about kings at the moment but it does increase with bear form, i'm currently unsure of the numbers and i'm a *little* busy at the moment too I'll get back to this in a short while.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Nobody's even come close to trying to duplicate RatingBuster. The main reason is that the author of RatingBuster is the guy who is the first one to figure out all the new conversions. Every time they change. He puts up a big post on EJ during the Beta phase of the x-packs, and modifies those posts as numbers change through version updates.

Those screenshots tell us nothing >_>

And I've been using Ratingbuster since ti was released. I've never noticed any glaring errors. Post some SS's outlining the errors you're tlaking about with explanations, then maybe we can deduce something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

The haste thing is pretty odd. I tried it for myself on my shammy and you're right it's showing 0.40 in the tooltip for Reckless Ametrine, however I log onto a mage and the tooltip shows 0.30.

Since melee and spell haste ratings are both equal I'm not sure what exactly is causing it, but it's a bug.

The haste thing is pretty odd. I tried it for myself on my shammy and you're right it's showing 0.40 in the tooltip for Reckless Ametrine, however I log onto a mage and the tooltip shows 0.30.

Since melee and spell haste ratings are both equal I'm not sure what exactly is causing it, but it's a bug.

Since when?

(NVM, was pointed out I was thinking of Hit/Spell hit conversions)
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".

Oh ok I think I figured it out since you asked..

Read: http://www.wowwiki.com/Haste

Shamans, paladins, druids, and death knights receive 30% more haste from haste rating as of patch 3.1.3. For these classes, the Haste Rating Per 1% at level 80 is 25.22.

Also to xGLx, check the pages for yourself, haste and spell haste are both 32.79 rating for 1% for most classes; since patch 2.2 they were equal.

(You were correct Lawomous :-))

I check Reckless Ametrine on my priest, and it shows up as .30% in rating buster. I imagine yours is out of date, thus showing up as .40%?

It depends on what class you check it on.

For a mage, warlock, priest, rogue, hunter, warrior it will show 0.30
    For a shaman, paladin, druid, DK it will show 0.40 because of the 30% buff.

Oh ok I think I figured it out since you asked..

Read: http://www.wowwiki.com/Haste

Shamans, paladins, druids, and death knights receive 30% more haste from haste rating as of patch 3.1.3. For these classes, the Haste Rating Per 1% at level 80 is 25.22.

Also to xGLx, check the pages for yourself, haste and spell haste are both 32.79 rating for 1% for most classes; since patch 2.2 they were equal.
    This is true, however I'd have thought that as there are spec modifiers (Not in RB) and the melée & spell haste are separate entities in RB from TBC I would have thought that spell haste would show on caster gems. Design flaw I guess. And no, my RB is up to date . I guess. As I don't really deal with LUA I'll mod the line that allows the shaman to get the extra haste%.

-- EDIT --

So yeah, i nulled the extra % off from just being a shaman and it's 30% for 10 haste now.
    --[[
    - Armor Penetration Rating: All classes now receive 25% more benefit from Armor Penetration Rating.
    - Haste Rating: shamans7, paladins2, druids10, and death knights6 now receive 30% more melee haste from Haste Rating.
    --]]
    local ExtraHasteClasses = {
    [2] = true, -- PALADIN
    [6] = true, -- DK
    -- [7] = true, SHAMAN
    [10] = true, -- DRUID
    }
    Basically i moved the "null" or "notation" marks from after the [7] (which is the class number / variable name of Shaman) to infront of it, so it skips that entire line, instead of just the label shaman.

Hang on, I guess I don't see what the problem is Yohassa.

UNLIKE hit rating, Melee and spell haste are requiring the same amount of rating to get 1%. Since TBC when melee haste rating and spell haste rating on gear just turned into -> "haste rating". 1% of haste gives you 1% melee AND spell haste now. If you stick a gem like Reckless Ametrine or Fierce Ametrine into your gear, the haste will be completely identical.

Your RB is up to date, mine is up to date since I check for new addons about every 15 minutes, so there isn't any problem with that.

So what I don't get is why would you go in and change the LUA coding for shaman. They do still accurately receive extra haste, which is reflected in RatingBuster.

Hang on, I guess I don't see what the problem is Yohassa.

Your RB is up to date, mine is up to date since I check for new addons about every 15 minutes, so there isn't any problem with that.

So what I don't get is why would you go in and change the LUA coding for shaman. They do still accurately receive extra haste, which is reflected in RatingBuster.
    Hmm, re-reading through that post that you linked (quoted below), does make it appear as if they are equal, however on the tooltip in game it is not, and also in (ELE) shaman calculations we say that 32.79 haste rating = 1% haste.

Caster

972 / 29.64 = 32.7935... = 1%

Melee

972 / 38.54 = 25.2205... = 1%

As i'm an Elemental (main spec) and Resto (off spec) shaman, i don't want the enhancement shaman conversion conflicting with what caster haste rating i'm supposed to be getting, thus i changed the MELEE haste formula to disclude shaman for the time being, as it was affecting MELEE and SPELLs. Perhaps that has made it more clear.

Ohhhh, gotcha gotcha, the 30% buff was only for melee haste. Did not know that. The patch note was a bit misleading.

I've taken a look on my druid (Feral / Resto) and the same problem exists, and so i'd also assume that the same problem happens with paladins. I guess hybrids are a programmers nightmare! Really speaking, it either needs a mod to auto-detect and change to you current spec (Feral gets the additional 30%) whereas resto gets the normal 32.79 or you can swap modes between caster and melee on an option somewhere yourself.

Edit

After emailing Whitetooth, he said that there is an alpha release (r278) which resolves this issue - http://www.wowace.com/addons/rating-buster/files/

I've gotten the version labelled 1.5.0 (r284) and it works fine because of the variable. Nice one.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

If you have the version that was officially released earlier today, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Nobody's even come close to trying to duplicate RatingBuster. The main reason is that the author of RatingBuster is the guy who is the first one to figure out all the new conversions. Every time they change. He puts up a big post on EJ during the Beta phase of the x-packs, and modifies those posts as numbers change through version updates.
    Oh dear god... how does he get them all, does he have some sort of program that hooks the database and gets the values or something? D:

If not... then checking to see which buffs are on to increase each stat there'd be alot of IF, THEN, ELSE, statements. O:

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

He posted over on EJ during the Wrath beta on how he got all the numbers, Myrsky, and has only had to modify them a little bit since then with every patch.