Page 15 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

Quote Originally Posted by Paulkariya
    [/img]

this isn't a dig at you mate, i just saw you had posted this same message about 10 times in this discussion
    I know... :-\

Yet, only one person actually understood it. One in all these comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander
    It's about freaking time Blizzard realized more people doesn't automagically mean better rewards.

I agree that the larger groups should see a larger quantity, though.

To everyone upset with this change: I laugh at your tears. Laugh.
    This, pretty much

I just hope Blizz actually makes 10mans as hard as 25man, so ppl won't QQ as much.

Best blue post ive ever read.
    Classic WoW.

This is the best WoW-related news I have heard in years.

So many people have cast 10-man raids aside. It's nice to see that the 10-man guilds will have a chance.

If they handle the tier gear similar to how it is now - i.e. badges for tier gear, token to upgrade to heroic - if 25 is getting more badges per boss, then that's the benefit. 25 raiders will get tier gear faster, much similar to how they do now. More gold is also nice, and more loot per boss is basically a given, since there's 2.5 times more people to spread it out to. Ideally, you'd have 5 drops per 25 man boss kill, and 2 per 10.

Me? I'm looking forward to being able to raid with 2 toons, instead of always bringing the same one to 10 and 25.

This is bullshit, after 3 days of 25 man content I look forward to the relaxing atmosphere of 10 mans over the weekends, now Blizzard is taking that away...at least I have some alts.

I can see where they're going with this, and I like it. I'm currently in a guild that doesn't have enough people for 25-man content yet, and one of my guildies has the quest chain for Shadowmourne. So to even get the damned weapon we have to recruit a crapload of guildless 80s which then have to gear up properly, and be online at the same time...And then actually succeed in crapping over the Lich King.

Punish the lack of skill, not the lack of raiders.
    DEAL WITH IT.

Great changes! I've been waiting for this ever since people started moaning about "having" to run 4 times Trial of the Crusader a week.

Really great, especially since they're bringing the difficulties on pair with each other. The focus will still be on 25-mans, I can imagine, but at least us 10-man raiders will finally be able to get legendaries and cool looking moutns too

Retarded beyond imagination.
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o12/Vexn/Axe.png

Please read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by wildi
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

•10-Man and 25-Man raids will share the same lockout. You can defeat each raid boss once per week per character.
    1 week lockout is too long becuase 10 & 25 raids will share the same lockout.
    QFT only doing 1 raid a week would really suck, but then again all the casual will win again. And casual is all the blizzard really care about!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakk
    Only 6k GS? You need to stack more GS bro. In Cataclysm there's gonna be gearscore gems that fit in all color sockets. They're pink. They give you GS. Makes you better at WoW. Stacking other stats is useless because GS is everything. I'm gonna reforge my gear and turn all the strength into GS so i hit harder.

Really great change!

I'm sick and tired of being treated as an underdog because I'm a 10-man raider and my loot / gearscore is inferior to those noobs who farm "storming the citadel (25 man)". Also so many of our loot drops are worthless because badge gear and craftables overshadow it. What's the point? I feel Icc10 loot could be reduced to weapons, trinkets, jewellery and maybe cloaks and no one would notice or regret.

And I /lol /spit and everyone crying this will kill 25 mans. So, you mean, you don't run 25 because you love and enjoy it? You suffer something that's worse experience than 10 man only because it improves your gearscore in the end?

And for people who say it's because "organization is harder" of 25 man. Remember: in cata bigger guild = more guild benefits (guild talents), so big guilds will have some advantage and possibly many profits inciting people to join them and stay. Small guilds will have to cope with not so evolved talents. And the "organization" of 25 man lies in the hands of handful of officers, class leader and so on, not every single of the raiders who just sign up, come, get loot.

And I really do hope they will stop that 10 man heroic loot = 25 man normal loot. Because 10 man heroic is much bigger effort for basically cosmetic reward. Rewards should be appropriate to the effort put. "Same loot" will also stop itemization flaws, when for example all TOC10 trinkets sucked and all TOC25 trinkets were beloved and highly sought.

Well, this is shit.
    - Trim

For the first few raid tiers, our plan is to provide multiple smaller raids. Instead of one raid with eleven bosses, you might have a five-boss raid as well as a six-boss raid

nooooes i want big raids, instead of those small nubbi ones
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

God, this must be the most exciting news I read in all the last 5 yars of World of Warcraft.
    Can't say anything but thank Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart
    •10-Man and 25-Man raids will share the same lockout. (What the Hell?? Seriously? How is this beneficial at all?)
    •10-Man and 25-Man raids difficulty will be as close as possible to each other. (Don't care.)
    •10-Man and 25-Man raids will drop the exact same loot, but 25-man will drop a higher quantity of items. (MOAR GOLD!? Since that's totally the reason people raid, amirite? Other then that, meh. There's still heroic modes for more appropriate loot.)
    •Normal versus Heroic mode will be chosen on a per-boss basis in Cataclysm raids, the same way it works in Icecrown Citadel. (Prefer Ulduar's organic "hard mode switches", but this is tard-proof.)
    •For the first few raid tiers, our plan is to provide multiple smaller raids. Instead of one raid with eleven bosses, you might have a five-boss raid as well as a six-boss raid. (Don't care.)
    Well I think it's beneficial cause finally people will stop saying that 10 men content is piss easy just cause they walk in with gear designed for the 25 men content. This will make the 25 men raiding guilds actually work their way on the bosses without any advantage given by getting 10 men loot before.

I gotta say you're right about the Ulduar style heroic mode switches, tho, I so much loved it. Still don't understand the reason behind the change.

TELL ME ITS A JOKE PLZ

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie

thats quite emo :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrandom
    and with only 1 lockout a week people will clear it in 1-2 days and then go afk for the rest of the week?
    What does that have to do with this all-in-one concept?
    This just means less raids a week which I appreciate very much.

Im not sure about you guys, but I would much rather run different raids instead of two versions of the same raid.... (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/features/ read the bottom at More Raid Content than Ever Before)

Sigh. As some one who's in a 25man raiding guild, we already have too much drama surrounding 10mans. I have a very bad feeling that this change might finally crush us.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

What I want to know is if they are making 10-mans harder or 25-mans easier? Because if they are also raising the difficulty on 10-mans since the gear level is the same, then this is a fine change. If they lower 25-man difficulty, then this is bad change. Ok, I can live with it if they keep normal modes easy or even 10-man level easy (afk your way through?) if the hardmodes are a) actually hard and b) they are something else than just the same boss with more hp and damage.

But the shared lockout is a problem for me: I love running 10-mans with friends for laughs. I love 25-mans as well and I have no intention to stop doing those but 10-mans have been good fun and I would love to run those with my main. Ahh well, I guess I need to get an alt fast to 85 then. Will screw our group composition too.

Overall I would need to know more about this before I make a judgement on it. This could be good or it could be bad, mainly based on how they implement the change in practise.