Page 23 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

I see a lot of people missing two very important quotes:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

25-player versions will drop a higher quantity of loot per player (items, but also badges, and even gold), making it a more efficient route if you're able to gather the people
    25-man will drop more loot per player. So if 10-man drops 2 pieces of loot (1 per 5 players), then 25-man would drop something like 6 pieces of loot (1.2 per 5 players). The same would go for badges and gold.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

The raid designers are designing encounters with these changes in mind
    I've seen people quote mechanics of Lich King and (god only knows why) Thaddius in this thread. No current content is relevant as the content wasn't designed for 10/25 to drop the same loot. Current content was designed around 25-man dropping better loot.

In summary: Pull your heads out of your asses and read.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn
    This is great news in my opinion.

Less gear inflation.
    No need to raid more than a couple nights per week.
    Some people like raiding more than a couple nights a week.

What's the new model going to be? Complete 'X' raids in two nights in 10m, and wait a week (lockout) to play WoW again?
    Sounds boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL
    This thread so far

- 25man raiders display their disgust at these changes. Now there's no 10man raids on off-days unless you all have alts in the same content tier.
    - 10man raiders display their IQ saying 25man raiders (who do the harder, fast paced content) are just lootwhores and they clearly deserve top ilvl loot for no actual reason.
    - Clearly, 10man raiders enjoy 10mans because they have 9 friends and loot doesn't play a part at all (just want to experience content brah!!) but they need the same loot as 25man raiders even though it doesn't matter to them.
    - Strict 10man guilds love this change because now, even though 25man guilds having higher ilvl loot impacts in no way, shape or form on their own raiding schedule, they now get the same loot as 25mans. Makes sense right?
    I think that's a little harsh, and not quite accurate.

I'm the third bullet-point on your list, but currently my only reason to not be happy is because any 'achievement' I get in WoW is overshadowed by 25man raiders, who I feel get to obtain the same with less effort (Kingslayer with 251/264 gear rather than 245/251 gear for example). I still enjoy the game, and I love the challenges that 10man raiding gives me - but there is a severe lack of respect from the ignorance carried by many 25man raiders that we just want a higher gearscore. That's really not the case, I just want the chance to compete - without sacrificing the social upsides of 10man raiding.

I do however have muchos sympathy for 25man raiders, these changes are bad for you guys no-matter which way you look at it - but perhaps that's Blizzards intention, they don't want to support you anymore, and they feel they can offer more to the playerbase by concentrating on smaller raids

It is MUCH harder to run a 25man guild then a 10 man guild. Not only that but it will be MUCH harder to recruit for 25s at this point. GOOD BYE 25MAN RAIDING!!

Possibly the worst change for a 25man guild leader ever.
    SithWarrior.com - #1 TOR class and game mechanics forums
    Theorycrafting all Empire and Republic classes

As long as 25 man drop 250% loot i have no problems with this, its actually gonna make more 10 man guilds which is allot better if u ask me. Better community etc and no forcing to go both or make a 25 man for loot.

But what bothers me is that blizzard is changing the raid setup every single expansion. Blizzard need to stop this shit. Every single expansion they change stuff. They demanded guilds let go off ca 15 members from vanilla to TBC because blizzard wanted to lower the required players. Then they allow players to choose which is good but still a way to cause drama in guilds. And now they want to make people being able to choose what they truly want and not want because of loot.

All these changes where with good intentions but blizzard screwed up for allot of people over the years.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Downwithopp
    Twins in Vanilla
    Quit for the original Naxx, not the one you wiped in at level 80.

Server first Illidan, Archimonde, Vashj and Kael. Server second Kil'Jaeden (pre nerf, not that you would know who he is either)

Rank 13 Hunter.

Cleared everything in Wrath before it was nerfed.

Keep trying you shitty, you and your "10 man guild" are terrible.

Now call me a nerd for accomplishing all of the above playing 15-20 hours a week tops.
    right when you can actually prove to me (I'll roll on your server if you like) you did any of these and not just watch Nihilum videos thinking you were there, I'll believe you.

you are not a good troll. try harder. and you sound very, very mad. in fact I'll ask you the million dollar question: umad?

PS: love how you didn't address my Cataclysm point at all. if you're going to troll you have to at least address everything. otherwise, you're not good. sorry but you can't troll a troll ;D

What an absolute shit idea. The extra effort people put into organizing 25 mans is now going to be pointless. I realize it stated you get more emblems and gold but I don't do raids for fucking gold. And more emblems, I had nothing to spend my EoF on after 2-3 weeks of ICC so thats pretty pointless. This is simply another way to let casuals and shit players who are too retarded to get in a good 25 man guild get some decent gear. I think Blizzard will find ALOT of people will discontinue playing because of this. Suddenly made Cataclysm alot less appealing.

this topic is for sure going to beat Celestial steeds one

I do like:
    having 10 and 25 man share the same lockout. It'll make it easier on progression when my guild can focus on one version than stretch our selves on 10 and 25 versions of the same raid.

What I don't like:
    The difficulty and the quality of loot will be the same for both 10 and 25 and the only difference will be the amount that drops. Isn't that the point of 25mans, to provide a better challenge for higher skilled players and reward success with better quality of gear? I just don't get the reasoning behind this, why have a 25 man then? more drops?

Also, smaller raids? What the fuck is wrong with raids with 10-12 bosses? Uldaur and ICC is awesome, why change it?
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Nice this is one big step towards then end of wow. Biggest dumbing down i've ever seen. Did the casuals cry so much about having worse gear than hardcore players that you basically have to give them even more free loot? This is so stupid i can't believe it. They still look the same, kill the same bosses and what not.

10 mans will never, ever, never, ever, never, ever be as hard as 25 man bosses and therefor 25 mans will die. The biggest PR for wow, the 25 man world first race, no one will never ever care about it again. TBC killed 40 man raids, Wotlk killed challenging raids and Cata will kill 25 man raids.

The epic feeling to raiding started to die slowly with WotLK, the fact that you had to kill the same boss 2 times each reset and sometimes 4 times made us puke. Heroic modes also kills the joy of raiding, really, it's not even close to the same feeling to have killed heroic mode bosses in wotlk as the feeling to down bosses like C'Thun, Murur and Kil Jaeden the first time. The epic feeling about raiding is to approach a new boss, that you know is really hard but not impossible. This doesn't exist in wotlk, not even LK25 HM.

I could never see this coming. I was hoping for 10 mans to be normal modes and 25 man to be heroics. I could live with that. Like this, the noobs, bads, casuals, slackers can raid 10 man to see content and explore lore and at the same time the hardcore raiders can skip bullshit 10 mans and go work on really hard bosses from the start in 25 man.

two words, EPIC FAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL
    This thread so far

- 25man raiders display their disgust at these changes. Now there's no 10man raids on off-days unless you all have alts in the same content tier.
    - 10man raiders display their IQ saying 25man raiders (who do the harder, fast paced content) are just lootwhores and they clearly deserve top ilvl loot for no actual reason.
    - Clearly, 10man raiders enjoy 10mans because they have 9 friends and loot doesn't play a part at all (just want to experience content brah!!) but they need the same loot as 25man raiders even though it doesn't matter to them.
    - Strict 10man guilds love this change because now, even though 25man guilds having higher ilvl loot impacts in no way, shape or form on their own raiding schedule, they now get the same loot as 25mans. Makes sense right?

All I see is a bunch of lootwhore 10man raiders (probably clickers, keyboard turners and just bad) getting a boner over getting even better purples and showing no respect, yet again, to the feelings of 25man raiders.
    Hmm, a post full of sweeping generalizations and ad hominem. All aboard the fallacy express, full steam ahead, no stopping from here!
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Still digesting how I feel about this. I only think I could like it if they really did somehow balance 10s to be just as difficult... but I can't imagine how in the world Blizzard honestly hopes to do that. It seems impossible to make 10man as difficult as 25man, because most of what makes a 25man raid more difficult isn't that bosses are hitting harder, or things do more damage, it's merely the number of people there. Still not sure about this. Hrm.

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Stupid changes.
    I won't be playing cataclysm, retarded blizzard.

Then people realize that raids won't be as easy as WotLk.

I like the idea, I think it may be subject to changes but overall I think it's good. I doubt guilds will break up over it, it just means people who are overgeared in 25 mans can't farm 10 mans for badges.

Plus if the gear is the same but they want to maintain the same difficulty on bosses it means they only have to make the gear and then tweak the bosses which is much easier than what they have to do now...

Part of the reason raiding is so easy now is people are already getting 25 man quality gear ANYWAY.. so what's the big deal? now they're going to make raids difficult because they expect everyone to have that one set of gear.

10-Man and 25-Man raids will share the same lockout.

Will ruin the game, kinda..

Quote Originally Posted by trilog
    right when you can actually prove to me (I'll roll on your server if you like) you did any of these and not just watch Nihilum videos thinking you were there, I'll believe you.

you are not a good troll. try harder. and you sound very, very mad. in fact I'll ask you the million dollar question: umad?
    You are a retard. Acheivments werent even logged back then.

No trolling here, just someone who doesn't think filth like you deserves the same loot as better players.

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire
    Also, smaller raids? What the fuck is wrong with raids with 10-12 bosses? Uldaur and ICC is awesome, why change it?
    Diversity.

[Monday 19:17] [Guild] lets do 10 man tonight cause we dont have enough signups.. what an amazing change... ow wait WE ARE SAVED IN 25

Quote Originally Posted by fenixblade
    Some people like raiding more than a couple nights a week.

What's the new model going to be? Complete 'X' raids in two nights in 10m, and wait a week (lockout) to play WoW again?
    Sounds boring to me.
    If you have so much time to play, then surely you have enough time to level up several alts to maximum level. And voila! You can do all the raids 10 times a week.

It almost seems as Blizzard could be using this change to eventually segway to only 10 man raids. Kind of like the Vanilla 40m > BC 25m, except it wont be as blunt this time around, since people will kind of have seen it coming.

I say they should just drop 25man entirely for Cataclysm. This way they don't have to itemize and balance 10/25, and maybe we'll get content more frequently.