Page 39 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

geez guys, you act like little girls! "waaaaaa they took my 25man candy!"

This is the worst thing ever, and I already thought cata looked shit.

When cata hits im out!

Catering to the casuals then - count me in Hard core raiders should not feel butt-hurt imo - they still have the power to gain uber items (hard modes) and "realm/world firsts." I see a win/win scenario
    ----
    This is my blog. There are many others like it but this one is mine http://gamingbymiksa.co.cc/

I raid 10man cause i love the guild i'm in atm, not because i cba going with 15 more.

Judging from your replies, all you like about 25man is better loot aye?
    If you did 25man cause you enjoyed it more, then loot is last thing you should be crying about.

It is not that the 25 mans are harder, it is just that you are carrying fewer people.
    Wait what? As far as normal modes go, 25man is a lot more forgiving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwithopp
    You are gemming for defense over defense cap.
    You are using two Brewfest trinkets.
    The farthest you have gotten in ICC25 with a 10% nerf/buff is princes.
    You have a 10 to all stats gem in your bracers.

Nobody is trolling, you are a god awful player. Learn to play your class/this game before you cry to blizzard about needing 25 man gear.
    Yeah, perhaps you should know more about my paladin and my guild? No?
    Prot is my offspec, I never use it, as I'm holy mainspec. I really don't care that much about my prot gear.
    What else, than my brewfest trinkets should I use? Thought so.
    Defense cap? nono, it's a minimum, learn the difference.

As for my guild, we are very social, we don't force people and it contains people from +18. Some with low gaming experience. We raid 2 days a week, 3 hours each.
    You are still a troll, trying to flame people without any knowledge about those you flame. Now begone.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

BEST NEWS EVER!

I was going to make my guild 25 man - and have less fun - just so I can get higher iLv gear but now I won't have to

SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart
    SO what your saying better players need better gear to be better....??? I get it.
    Spoken like a true shitty. Give me your character, and regardless of what gear he is wearing I will play it better in every aspect of the game then you.

Stupid ass comments like this are the reason these changes are getting implimented. People like you are the reason for it.

The air-head shit for brains people who probably gem for spirit on their warriors and complian about why they die tanking Marrowgarr with 497 defense in dungeon blues. No, people don't need gear to play better. Retards like yourself belong in greens and blues, just like in BC and Vanilla.

QQ, people couldnt do SSC, TK, Kara or any raids twice a week on the same char in tbc, same deal in vanilla, doing every raid twice a week on the same character is a pain in the arse and makes no sense whatsoever.

Ofcourse all the "lawl giff more badges and chances for lewt" scrubs are screaming, since they love pugging 4 raids a week /yawn

In the end you'll get over it and used to it, It'll obviously kill some 25 man raids, but I'm pretty sure that there are a ton of 25 man raiding guilds who are recruiting "bodies" and not people they actually like, well now is your chance to get rid of any death weight/retards.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart
    SO what your saying better players need better gear to be better....??? I get it.
    Its more that better players will use better gear to its full capacity I've seen too many downs bm hunters with 2 pc sanct from voa that are gemming haste

I remember when some wotlk info came out and everyone moaned a bout having a 10 and 25 man version of instances. I actually hated this idea also of having a 10/25 version of every raid.

But i think making a 10 and 25 raid share the same lockout is abit of a big change. The reason i think is because people are used to pugging 10 mans when they arent raiding and now it will mean that there will be less things to do during the day in wow.

I just heard about the changes, head to mmo-c to look if its true.

>52 pages of reply

k.

Warning - while you were typing 4 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

* This means 10 man = 25 man. A 10 man guild will be able to work alongside a 25man and be properly geared, not an iLevel behind.

* It will be the same loot %, regardless of the raid size. Whereas in WOTLK, 10mans and more often 10man heroic, lead to easier gearing than 25man, you will be grinding your eye balls red just to be 'perfectly' geared.

* 10 man guilds are now viable and can feel confident in their achievements.

* No more separate mounts or achievements for 10/25? Get it done on 10 or 25 and it's done? Simplicity is nice, if that is how this will work.

* I have a 'gut' feeling that we will end up with more UNIQUE (being the key word here) raids. In WOTLK, we didn't have many DIFFERENT raids, we just had 2-4 of the same raid on different versions, which made the game eerily boring. As many of you experienced, it was expected you HAD to do all versions to be invited to most content, unless you ran into the benevolent RL who would allow you into a raid with prior tier gear or 10man gear (rare).

* They want to make ALL guilds viable, not just 25 mans. No longer are 10man second fiddle. With the emergence of GUILD achievements, this makes being in a 10 man guild that much more attractive. In addition, your 10man core can finally do as it needs and succeed without feeling that the 25 man has too many bads hurting progression. In WOTLK, alot of 25 mans had a core that could nuke any content, but would stonewall at certain 25 man content, leading to the attrition we had seen during TBC, too.

-----------------------------------------

This couldn't be a better thing to happen.

Show of hands:

Who thought (4) TOC versions was "fun?"

Not I. I didn't like the instance as it was, not to mention running it 4x when it first dropped. Ulduar was great, but it was LONG and running it twice over was not possible for much of the population. Naxxramas was the start where achievements came to matter, but there was only a 10/25 version and once you were geared it was cream puff.

HOPEFULLY...we will have plenty of fun, difficult dungeons...many DIFFERENT raids, rather than varied raids of the same actual dungeon/raid...more difficult content...and a balance to all aspects of the game. WOW is an evolving GAME and an evolving MMORPG model. It has come a long way and as long as BOTH aspects evolve simultaneously, it will continue growing. Once either stops, IT will end.

Quote Originally Posted by Shokito
    I find it funny how plp complained the entire wotlk about lack of support for smaller guilds and now that they fix it even more plp QQ about it.

Fact is: (1) They already told us cata will have more raid than EVER before. (Proof: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/features/ read the bottom at More Raid Content than Ever Before) (2) Top guilds will still do 25-Man for faster progression and achievements.

If you prefer smaller raids thats great then you have nothing to whine about, but there still plp who enjoys bigger guilds and bigger raids and they will be rightly rewarded so for their effort.
    This.

This is an amazing change. It really allows people to do what they really enjoy, I mean this is a game made for entertainment. If you really are in love with 25 man raids, then find 24 other people to it with, this forum already proves that there are people out there who would rather do 25 mans. 25 mans will allow people to progress faster by gaining gear faster, making 25 man guilds allows in front of 10 man guilds.

If you truthfully believe that 25 man guilds are going to die, then why have them around if everyone hates them?

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon
    I asked why is he loving this.
    Because I hate 25man guilds facerolling 10man content and /lol /spit on those who do it on appropriate gear lvl.
    Yes, there are idiots who actually think overgearing doesn't make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Whether you're a big guild or a small guild the choice won't be dependent on what items drop, but instead on what you enjoy the most.
    This is VERY VERY TRUE!

I can't wait for Cata already!

I fail to see the issue with 10m and 25m at the moment. ICC Heroic 10m drops fine gear it might not be ilvl 277 then again 10 people are a lot easier to find than 25.

My point is, I can't see how a 10m will ever be tuned to be as difficult as a 25. 25m doesn't necessarily allow for the carrying of 'bads' as some people are saying here (probably said by the people who never got past saurfang in icc normal) maybe you guys should check how competent 25m guilds raid (competent guild= better have at least normal ICC 25 cleared. is a joke with this buff), shit players just aren't accepted. If the raids are tuned right, the 25m will always require more coordination as whole than any 10m counterpart ...carrying through old content will inevitably happen as new tier raids/gear are introduced either way, but who gives a fuck, cuz its old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    Win for casuals? But isn't the 25 man, according to the elitists, 10 good people + 15 "casuals"?

Argh, the logic on this thread creates time paradoxes!
    Did you read the post ?

they will also keep the try system ... a hardcore raiding guild has a 25-man alt raid just to practise ON TOP of the 10 man group expirience.

I love these changes.
    For the hardcore raiders it won't be a nice change though. Emblems won't come as fast anymore then aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Downwithopp
    Spoken like a true shitty. Give me your character, and regardless of what gear he is wearing I will play it better in every aspect of the game then you.

Stupid ass comments like this are the reason these changes are getting implimented. People like you are the reason for it.

The air-head shit for brains people who probably gem for spirit on their warriors and complian about why they die tanking Marrowgarr with 497 defense in dungeon blues. No, people don't need gear to play better. Retards like yourself belong in greens and blues, just like in BC and Vanilla.
    Guess his 10+ stats gem is for the meta? since it counts as one of each color.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin
    QQ, people couldnt do SSC, TK, Kara or any raids twice a week on the same char in tbc, same deal in vanilla, doing every raid twice a week on the same character is a pain in the arse and makes no sense whatsoever.

Ofcourse all the "lawl giff more badges and chances for lewt" scrubs are screaming, since they love pugging 4 raids a week /yawn

In the end you'll get over it and used to it, It'll obviously kill some 25 man raids, but I'm pretty sure that there are a ton of 25 man raiding guilds who are recruiting "bodies" and not people they actually like, well now is your chance to get rid of any death weight/retards.

yes but people doing kara didn't get ssc level gear they got kara gear