Page 48 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

Quote Originally Posted by papey
    sounds like a balancing nightmare, but if they pull it off then its all good
    This is exactly what I was thinking.. But hey! Let's hope for the best!

The only question I have. When balancing the two, will 10m as we know it be much harder, or will they dumb down the 25's as we know it?

If they make it so 25's are still what they are and make 10m's much more on par with them, I think it will be fine.

Things they could do to create balance between 10 and 25:
    -10 mans have less players to mess up, so the mechanics need to be tougher is all.
    a. Increase boss health by 10% than the WotLK model. 10 man bosses would be harder to kill and enrage timers would be meaningful still.
    b. Decrease spell cast times on bosses, requiring faster reaction.
    c. Make fire/void zones/ etc. larger on 10 man, placing importance on position in 10s.
    -25s really don't need much tuning, honestly, as the challenge is getting 10s to be as hard as 25s.
    This would make them "equally hard", but still in different way... In 25 people would need more organization and teamwork, and in 10 each person would have to be more skilled personally.

Disaster

Doesn't this mean that there will be less loot overall.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Im very happy. Me and my real life friends where planning to make a guild and now we can make 10 man core? thats awesome going to be a good time.As for people saying " making 25 man pointless or lame" HOW about making 10man NOT POINTLESS OR LAME kkthnx.

People should just wake up and smell the coffee. There's other stuff to be doing then WoW. OMG I can't raid for 50 hours this week. Go get a job or go to school...get some sun, I dunno. If your that bored that you have to raid X amount of hours a week cuz ur that big of a loser, I feel sooooo bad for you.

It's a game, not your life!

gentleman, gentleman! this could very well lead to the end of the world......... of warcraft!

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky7
    Just give separate 10-mans and 25-mans, like on 70 level...
    Yep, this.

I don't understand the responses that say "10 man better become as tough as 25 man!"
    The only reason that 10 man content ever seems "too easy" right now is because people use 25 man gear to clear 10 man content where the numbers have been tweaked assuming 10 man gear.

If gear is the same, then it's simply a matter of tweaking all the numbers up 5-10%. In terms of coordination or effort, I find that 10 man is often more difficult than 25 man, because there's less room for duplication of roles. If your replenishment guy or CC guy or whatever dies/gets DC'd, that could be automatic failure, whereas in 25 man you can usually pick up the slack a little bit.

The only thing that's truly easier about 10 man content in an absolute sense is that it's easier to find 10 people who don't suck and can be on at the same time than to find 25 who don't suck and can be on.

HOW about making 10man NOT POINTLESS OR LAME kkthnx.
    10-man could be deleted from game for good, to be honest.
    Or at least indeed be separate instances.

Quote Originally Posted by fenixblade
    you pay to play the services blizzard provides... it's your choice whether you pay, it's blizzard's choice what services to provide.

if you're "paying for shit", you should probably think about why you're spending your money.
    such a flawed arguement, they shouldnt be putting out shit in the first place. Yes it's a matter of opinion but maybe Blizz should see how many people disagree with alot of these changes. If they add a GOOD number of actual raids it will not be an issue for most people come the end of the day. But Cata needs to release with at least 4 raids and make multiple raids per tier to make this work. and 4 raids isnt Malygos VoA OS and Naxx -- That's 1 and 1/2 raid.

Lets just hope they release alot of raids as promised and the QQ will not be warranted.

Making 25man raiding useless one patch at a time

comments like these 'Wow, that's all excellent news! Cheesy Finally I can focus entirely on my preferred format (10 man) and get the same loot as 25 man raiders \o/' make me so mad

The Patient

How people spend their free time is their buisness not yours. If you want everybody's lives to be the same move to a communist country, or to america, that is where we are headed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Astarion45
    People should just wake up and smell the coffee. There's other stuff to be doing then WoW. OMG I can't raid for 50 hours this week. Go get a job or go to school...get some sun, I dunno. If your that bored that you have to raid X amount of hours a week cuz ur that big of a loser, I feel sooooo bad for you.

It's a game, not your life!

Yay finally we won't have to drag 5-10 random people through wipe after wipe of "farm content" when the rest of the "usual" raid group doesn't show up!

So psyched right now.

Oh man F--- this clearing the same instance twice or more per lockout

It's too bad they're staying with the gated system, but at least some good news this round

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    such a flawed arguement, they shouldnt be putting out shit in the first place. Yes it's a matter of opinion but maybe Blizz should see how many people disagree with alot of these changes. If they add a GOOD number of actual raids it will not be an issue for most people come the end of the day. But Cata needs to release with at least 4 raids and make multiple raids per tier to make this work. and 4 raids isnt Malygos VoA OS and Naxx -- That's 1 and 1/2 raid.

Lets just hope they release alot of raids as promised and the QQ will not be warranted.
    Then quit. No1 is forcing you to play.

I predict 25mans becoming easier, not 10 mans becoming harder. >
    The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool because he has to say something.

Guilds who Raid 25-Man will just die out !
    Get the same gear with less effort but in a longer time .... MANY people will be fine with that

so there is just no reason to create a guild with 35 players get a homepage do orga stuff

just chill get your 10 good and active players and you'll have no worries

the thing is I want to raid 25man and it will just be IMPOSSIBLE on my server, couz other faction is way much bigger and our server is full of noob's
    There is just 1 good raiding guild ( wich I am a momber of), there will be no competition(just now there isn't one) and no new (and good) members to recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Klokie
    same here. Everyone that poste here seems to be all about the gear, and not about the actual content this can creat!

No more 4 item lvls pre raid instance!

And Less Lockout means more time to lvl alts and explore the new world+getting more Lockout hen you get to 85!
    This!

Its really hilarious to see 25man raiders saying that 10man is "too easy", helloo! no wonder its easy with that kind of over tuned gear. so why you even bother and qq about it? why do you raid 10mans every week if those really are facerolls and you cannot get gear upgrades? or is it just that 25mans want to ego how fast they own in 10mans? if thats the problem then i suggest that when ever you want to make fun-run, raid OLDER raids and instances thats why they still exist.

in cataclysm all the 25mans can maintain their progress and gearing when some members are on vacation doing 10mans instead when there is need for raiders.

I really dont see any problem about making same raid lock out id in 10/25mans.