Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

Quote Originally Posted by Zweistein
    this is a great change tbh (if you don't play wow)
    lol'd 8)

Just stupid

Blizzard is turning 10/25 man lockdown into one.JUST GREAT Iam working hard and anything isnt better after some time with my gf by raiding. In Cataclysm we will be raiding 1 day in week? Do you mean this serious? Okey if you do this prepare to create minimally 5 long and hardcore raids cause if you create any 2 stupid raids with 1 lock each. I think maybe 50% of all people will stop playing. Everybody was anger from Normal/heroic lockdown and now this.What next? Planes,F1 racing or Dung+raid same lockdown?

Quote Originally Posted by Mdi
    Who cares about gold with the gold inflation in wotlk ? Everyone and their mother is sitting at 10k+ gold. OoOOO 50 gold per boss some major changes right there, totaly worth buying cata specificly for that reason.

How will you gear up faster in 25mans when there are more players to gear up unless they make the drop difference HUGE

You get more badges...a lot of you people are not thinking outside the box or looking in between the lines...

Also EVERYONE is applying this new raid rule to already made raids....you can't take something they plan to do and apply it to something they already have done...what's not to say they will remove aspect to new raids such as *easier defile control* or that sort of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey
    more people will get loot, possibly more guild currency to spend? guild achievements, maybe special mounts that only drop in 25 mans?

you have NO idea what they have planned... no one does.
    More people will be in the raid, so the loot, like now, will be proportional to the amount of people in the raid (2 pieces in 10 = 5 pieces in 25) and I like the way you added "possibly". We only know what they have said, and people are reacting to such...

Blizzard better fix this fast before 25s become obsolete!!

Quote Originally Posted by Epicadin
    The problem is no incentive to do 25s...
    Yes there is.

More loot.
    More Gold
    More badges so you will get loot quicker.

Why is this not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Epicadin
    More people will be in the raid, so the loot, like now, will be proportional to the amount of people in the raid (2 pieces in 10 = 5 pieces in 25) and I like the way you added "possibly". We only know what they have said, and people are reacting to such...

Blizzard better fix this fast before 25s become obsolete!!
    Refresh the first page and you will see that they haven't decided on the number of drops yet.

Lets see if we can reach 100 pages of clusterwhine tonight!

10 uniclass pug raid > 15 guild roster raid > 33 guild roster raid

The Patient

As to the people wondering why people bitch and complain then still play for years and years.
    http://www.cracked.com/article_18461...-addicted.html
    OT: I think it could be a complete disaster but you never know, it could turn out to be decent.

Field Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba
    Lol all the QQ.

Look, we know why they're doing this; it's to stop 25man guilds farming the 10mans for emblems and extra loot, as well as using 25man gear to outgear these 10man instances. Yes, it'll go live. No, it won't kill off 25man guilds, as the new guild talents system will prevent this; it'll most likely be better to have a guild that can do 25man stuff than 10man stuff.

End of.
    you do realize this is how its been ever since? the only difference now is blizz stoped creating any 10 man content at all and instead did that dull 10-men version thing of the 25-men content? and now, to take it further (instead of, say, going back and creating seperate, real 10-men content again) they make 25-men-raids worthless. grats lol thats awesome (if you don't play the game)

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj
    Yes there is.

More loot.
    More Gold
    More badges so you will get loot quicker.

Why is this not enough?
    Gold is not even a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Smolderthorn
    Gold is not even a concern.
    Maybe not to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciandrawr
    Making 25 man raiding pointless one step at a time?
    Exactly. Ive already said im done for cataclysm but this is just sad. We have so many AWFUL 10 player guilds on our server that attempt to boast the largest epeens around. (Lol Boulderfist-US). In fact 90% of the guilds on our server cant progress in 25 player content for one simple reason.

The raid leaders screwed it up. Raid comp, caused/promoted drama, poor loot decisions and people just leave after crap like that and join awful guilds that are bound to have the same issues.

Btw does this mean I can farm the new shadowmourne equiv in 10 player content? /laugh.

Basically as you say, the only way a tank should die in 10 man is .... sleepy healers or OOM healers.

in 25 man there can be so many more ways.
    OOM healers or unskilled healers will be a more likely cause of a wipe in Cata than they are nowdays. And since the burst on tanks is removed, the "fast reaction to pop a Last Stand within 1 second after suddenly getting under 10%" will no longer work. The damage that tanks take will be scaled with the amount of healing they are supposed to recieve in 10 or 25. Thus, they will still need to pop their cooldowns for better damage reduction. If once in a period of time the boss begins to deal 3 times more damage than he normally does, that will be the time to pop a cooldown, no matter if it is 10 or 25.
    But honestly, I still admit that in 25 man tanking will probably be more interesting and difficult. I am just saying that you are making this more dramatic than it actually is.

If 10mans and 25mans share lockout they should reset every 4 days to keep players busy with the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Luls
    Refresh the first page and you will see that they haven't decided on the number of drops yet.
    They also said that they don't want to make anything different so that people don't feel obligated to do 25s over 10s. That means they are gonna make it proportional to the amount of people in the raid...

Honestly, if they do this what is the point of 25 mans any more? Same loot, but just less quantity of it, same lock out period, and they'll aparently be about the same difficulty. I really have mixed feelings about this, but I have a feeling its going to be bad, especially for some classes, because they aren't as ideal in a 10 man set-up.
    I thought some of the cata changes would be ify, but I knew they would work out fine.....But this....This is going to hurt PVE in WOW a lot I think. I seriously hope they decide not to do this.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

Couldnt resist ... flamefeast here :/

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey
    more people will get loot, possibly more guild currency to spend? guild achievements, maybe special mounts that only drop in 25 mans?

you have NO idea what they have planned... no one does.
    wait i'm confused, are you in support of this? cuz your ideas sound pretty bad

People are complaining about how 25 main raiding will become obsolete because you'll get same loot as 10 man etc but I thought people were doing 25 mans for fun instead of loot. "it's waaay more epic with 25 man than with 10 etc etc"