Page 62 of 106 FirstFirst ...
12
52
60
61
62
63
64
72
... LastLast
  1. #1221

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    If anything, 10 and 25 man should drop the same exact loot but with the loot from 10 man being a lower ilvl. Nothing wrong with that approach.

  2. #1222

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by Devíne

    Welcome to WoW Casual, the ultimate easy online game.
    Don't like it? Quit.

    problem solved.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

  3. #1223

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Blackrock_Spire

    and i quote "Upper Blackrock Spire - Intended for 10 party members."
    Were you playing the game then ? It was reduced to 10 in an epic nerf patch.

    Ask Google


    And, it was muuuuuch more fun to play than herodays



    Sub cancelled after 5.4

  4. #1224

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama
    So you're saying that the only options are "server first" or "10-man guild." Right?

    That's gonna kill the majority of 25-man guilds, exactly like everyone has been saying.
    I'm making a comparison.

    If you're in a 25-man Guild that "calls it a night" after 2-3 wipes on Sindragosa and doesn't go back until Tuesday reset, yeah, you're probably in for a change.


  5. #1225

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by TabascoEU
    100% of the memorable rewarding heart racing hard mode kills have always been 25 man ones, 10 man Hard modes have always been a joke in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by emni
    Like Sarth+3D, right? :

    Intriguing how people try to sound like die-hard hard-core payers without having a single clue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksmota
    Wow, the ONE fight that was harder on 10 than 25. Damn, you sure owned him with your single isolated incident!
    Haha ;D (I've done both, tho I have to say that the 25 man still felt more epic to down then the 10 one. And yes, before ulduar.)

  6. #1226

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by Odyssasthai
    For those who say this will "kill" 25-man: Why save something that you have to force people to do? If no one wants to do it, it deserves to die.
    ppl go were the loot is if 5 man droped the best gear wouldnt you go for it?
    If batlegroudns droped the ebst gear wouldnt you go play solo on them ?

    so if 10 man drops same gear that 25 man and you have bether change to get item X if ou go 10 man because less ppl rolling on it wouldnt you preffer to go 10 man? this system screws up guild relationships cause you wont be raiding with your firends that mucth.
    Bad - This is a bad player, he refuses to learn how to play correctly.
    Casual - This is a player that will let everything else take priority over wow.
    Hardcore - This is a player that is fine with putting things on hold while he's on wow.
    Bad/Good - Measure of Skill.
    Casual/Hardcore - Measure of Time

  7. #1227

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag
    This is such a key point.

    This will break Guilds who are not willing to actually progress and are afraid of wiping repeatedly to new content.

    This will do nothing to Guilds that have 25 people willing to put in 100% and do what is necessary to down the boss.
    Like Ensidia, etc. You're forgetting that most of the guilds out there have a skill gradient in their base of players. Some are inherently better than others, and this means that a subset of 10-players will always perform better on their own. The system that Blizzard is proposing will kill or severely damage 99% of these guilds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag
    The fact that they're considering letting you bounce between 10 and 25 on the fly is a straight BUFF to the Guilds mentioned first. Sick of watching that stupid fucking Warrior Cleave the Raging Spirit before the Tank has aggro, wiping the Melee Group? DROP IT TO 10 BRO AND DOWN THE BOSS.
    And kill any 25-man where the content isn't trivially easy. You're making my point for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag
    Casual guilds get buffed.

    Strong 25-man guilds stay the same.

    Hardcore 10-guilds emerge.
    And the majority of 25-man guilds will die. Exactly like people have been predicting.

    Thank you for making it clear.

  8. #1228

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam
    If 10 mans are tuned pretty much around the 10 strict guilds now, then I'll be happy. None of them (according to guildox) have downed H LK10. Yea, this is the perfect view to look at it from. Everyone else went into ICC10 with ICC25 gear and roflstomped it. 10 strict guilds I'm guessing find H ICC10 pretty difficult.

    I don't think it will be as hard to balance 10 and 25 out. We're not all lootwhores. I don't even raid that much. I see this for what it is. No more retarded 4 raids a week in the same instance, no more incredibly large gear inflation, and hopefully there is less bitching from both sides(10/25 raiders).
    You do know that the gear inflation didn't and doesn't have to happen, just because 10mans and 25 mans have different loot levels.

    e.g.
    comparing 10man normal with 25 man normal

    Naxx
    200/213
    Ulduar
    219/226
    togc
    232/245
    ICC
    251/264

    there was no reason for next tiers 10 mans to go higher than the previous tiers 25 man

    It could have easily been
    200/213
    213/219
    219/226
    226/232

    or similar

    with hard modes being 1 step higher.

    It would have made hard modes more rewarding feeling as loot would have lasted more than 3 weeks.

    Killing hard modes takes effort, just to get most of replaced on the first few easy bosses in the next tier is just sad, and unrewarding.

    The only reason loot went out of hand, was because Blizzard wanted it to, they wanted each new instance to be instantly more rewarding than the last. Ulduar hard mode loot hit the bin pretty instantly when totgc came out, same for totgc gear when ICC came out. They didn't have to superscale the iLvl so that the easiest 10man superceded the previous 25man, and the easiest 25 man superceded the previous 25 man hard modes.

  9. #1229

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Atleast fucking time. Thanks blizzard


    Now u dont need to get 24 other noobs that dont know what the fuck they are doing to see new bosses


    just get 9 friends / guildies and riad

  10. #1230

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes
    Don't like it? Quit.

    problem solved.
    No kidding.

    However, since this is hardly the first "WoW will die" change that Blizzard has made, I kind of think they won't leave. Cataclysm will set sales records, just like BC and LK.

  11. #1231

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag
    I'm making a comparison.

    If you're in a 25-man Guild that "calls it a night" after 2-3 wipes on Sindragosa and doesn't go back until Tuesday reset, yeah, you're probably in for a change.
    My guild is 4.5 years old and we're top in Horde progression. But we also have players who enjoy 10 mans and form a tight-knit group for achievements. There are many guilds like mine.

    None of us think this is a good idea.

  12. #1232

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes
    Don't like it? Quit.

    problem solved.
    typical america response. If something doesn't go you your way give up, don't ever try to produce thought of change or add ideas to a topic

  13. #1233

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by Etna
    ppl go were the loot is if 5 man droped the best gear wouldnt you go for it?
    If batlegroudns droped the ebst gear wouldnt you go play solo on them ?

    so if 10 man drops same gear that 25 man and you have bether change to get item X if ou go 10 man because less ppl rolling on it wouldnt you preffer to go 10 man? this system screws up guild relationships cause you wont be raiding with your firends that mucth.
    Blizzard has said it will be more efficient to get loot in 25-man. Argument over then, right?

  14. #1234

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Also, I disagree a bit about 10-man being the easier route in all cases. Our guild had 2-3 10-mans as a precursor to our 25-man ToC/ICC runs. 2 of them failed miserably because they were bottom heavy with "rank-and-file" types. They are great 25-man players, but didn't have the correct skill set to thrive in 10-man.
    The 10-mans in WOTLK are easier than 25-mans. Everybody knows that.
    10s indeed ask you for more personal dedication. But if a player kills a boss with a 25-man raid and fails later in 10-man, that doesn't mean he is a "great 25-man player, but doesn't have the correct skill set to thrive in 10-man". It simply means that the rest of the people in his 25-man were good enough to cover his stupidity.
    Just for example, my former guild was wiping in Ulduar 25(during t8 times, ofc) on Yogg for some time, and there was the last week before the t9 content would be released (yes, my guild was not good enough to clear the entire instance in a week). In that last week we decided to try 10-man. Most of our people had never done more than 2-3 bosses in 10-man Ulduar before. And you know, we killed Yogg from 1st attempt (if not to count the failed attempt when we forgot to turn on the keepers, ofc).
    I don't know how is it going to be in Cataclysm; maybe the difficulty will be ballanced. But in WOTLK 10s are way, way much easier than 25s (with some rare exceptions).

  15. #1235

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    typical america response. If something doesn't go you your way give up, don't ever try to produce thought of change or add ideas to a topic
    Haha, yeah... America is all about giving up and a lack of flexibility.

    Wow.

  16. #1236

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by Odyssasthai
    Blizzard has said it will be more efficient to get loot in 25-man. Argument over then, right?
    Blizzard seems to have a firm grasp of what is going on in their games.

    Like paladins and deathknights


    and arena

  17. #1237

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama
    Like Ensidia, etc. You're forgetting that most of the guilds out there have a skill gradient in their base of players. Some are inherently better than others, and this means that a subset of 10-players will always perform better on their own. The system that Blizzard is proposing will kill or severely damage 99% of these guilds.

    And kill any 25-man where the content isn't trivially easy. You're making my point for me.

    And the majority of 25-man guilds will die. Exactly like people have been predicting.

    Thank you for making it clear.
    OH GOD. SAVE THE GUILDS THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT ANYWAY.

    Without looking at wowprogress, what Guild on your server is currently ranked #17?

    You can't answer, because they don't matter to you. Why are you all of a sudden up in arms defending them?

    Some will last, some won't. Is this a reason to quit the game? I don't know, I'll be playing still. Will you?

    PS: I fall under the category of a 10+baggage Guild. I have no idea what our plan will be. All I know is this is giving us options. Since when is this a bad thing? Because some random Guild you can't name might start doing 10's instead of 25's?

  18. #1238
    Scarab Lord Buckwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    4,342

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    typical america response. If something doesn't go you your way give up, don't ever try to produce thought of change or add ideas to a topic
    Haha wow...

  19. #1239

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Record ammount of comments in such a sort time?
    Main: Wildmax, Drak'thul - Moonkin, Hardcore raider.
    Got 10x lvl 85 on Drak'thul server and 3 another lvl 85 on different servers and bunch of 10-84 alts.
    Hello no-life.

  20. #1240

    Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag
    OH GOD. SAVE THE GUILDS THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT ANYWAY.
    Now you're just being ridiculous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag
    Without looking at wowprogress, what Guild on your server is currently ranked #17?

    You can't answer, because they don't matter to you. Why are you all of a sudden up in arms defending them?
    Because they're people? Because I think this change is bad for them (and for me)?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •