Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrandom
    This is a giant slap to the face. 25man will be more or less pointless now and with only 1 lockout a week people will clear it in 1-2 days and then go afk for the rest of the week?
    I kind of wonder if 25 man guilds will go away.

10+ Year Old Account

I have a feeling 25 mans will start slowly becoming a thing of the past. Unless people really love 25s, it's much easier to get 10 people together and get the same exact gear.

Deleted

Fucking retarded.

making 10 man and 25 man dropping the same loot, is going to make 25 man obsolete :S
    why bother trying to raid or even worst raid lead 25 people when you can do it with 10 and get the same reward?

10+ Year Old Account

*sucks in air*

Woah - same item levels for 10 and 25, just more items to loot from bosses in 25.

*Watches the horizon grow dark with the multitudes of the WoW community carrying pitchforks*

*Braces for stampede* :-X

Hooray, I was just saying that it would be great to make a change like this. Hopefully it will help to alleviate raid burnout where you are raiding icecrown two times every single week on the same character such that you are absolutely fed up of the instance within a month or two of raiding.

The one question that has to be asked though, are they making 10 mans as hard as 25 mans (would be good) or making 25 mans as easy as 10 mans (which would be bad).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Being honest here, it is a good idea, but at the same time bad. The whole point of 10/25 man raids where to vary the experience of raiding in terms of difficulty. So unless they manage to pull it off so the HC modes are harder, then good luck to them.

However, I do like the idea of being able to get the same loot from both difficulties ie. 10+25 and 10HC+25HC. Gives the 10man raids a bigger challenge, yet also the 25mans the reward and obviously a bit more loot, because 2-3 drops a boss in small raids isn't exactly a good use of time for a few people to get upgrades now is it?
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Now this sounds more like the raid progression i have been wanting. Step towards tbc raiding again but with some obvious improvements. Nice one : )

Deleted

I like the fact that we will have 2 raids instead of one per patch, it will make raiding alot better. Also, alot of you people should be happy with these changes. Seeing as both the 10 and 25 dungeons will share loot you can also expect the same difficulty. This will destroy alot of pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrandom
    This is a giant slap to the face. 25man will be more or less pointless now and with only 1 lockout a week people will clear it in 1-2 days and then go afk for the rest of the week?
    God forbid you actually, ya know, do something else with your time?

This more than anything seems like a good thing, raiders will be able to raid with friends or guilds (More friends+more fun?)

Difficulty will most likely be scaled so that there's not much love lost

Just wait and see, have faith in blizzard
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

More raid options for one tier? Awesome. No more months and months in the same place, at least we'll have some variation.

15+ Year Old Account

this is exactly what i wished, same id for 10 and 25 raid instance !

i relly like the changes (10 man guildy here)

EPIC FAIL

Honestly can't wait to finish this pug to come read this thread.

Making myself some popcorn and getting a box of tissues..
    I'm going to sit down and get comfy for this thread

10+ Year Old Account

amazing idea imo i enjoy both sizes of raids but having the difficulty of 10 mans ramped up is a good thing and making both size raids drop the same quality loot is a nice prospect it will allow them to make more content with varying sizes because they dont have to create multiple loot tables with this im hoping to see 2+ raids added every patch more content makes me a happeh DK ;D

My Deviantart sig by Axa

People seem to forget one thing.

This fixed the gear inflation we've had in Wrath. Effectively, with this system, 25-man Heroic ICC would drop iLevel 245, not 274.

Burning Crusade: Goodbye 40-player raids!!!!
    Cataclysm: Goodbye 25-player raids!!!
    Next xpac will just be 5-player raids

This will probably be a wowkiller for a lot of people I know. Maybe even me too, pretty crazy news this morning.

... Say Wut now?
    I cant do a 10man and a 25man run on my main Anymore?
    well that sucks.

I dont think 10 and 25man should get the same loot... 25man is just overall harder because of positioning the raid and assembling and organizing skilled players in such a raid format...
    we'll just have to see how this goes...

Best. Cataclysm. News. Ever.

I hope they never go back to "Hai welcome to lvl 80 go do ICC tomorrow after you faceroll heroics for 6 hours". Make quest rewards and dungeons more important this time around!