Page 14 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

As a 10 strict raider, this has to be the best news I have seen since I started playing Wow.

I NEVER thought this would actually happen, I have been wishing for this for a long time. It gives me even more reason to play this awesome game. Why should 25 man get better gear if you prefer to raid 10 man? no reason whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosh
    Thats complete Bulls*** this is one of the reasons which i hate about the way wow is going, everyone can get loot, I've been a raider since vanila, whats the point of 25man normal now then? 10man normal will drop the same items? why go 25man when theres less chance of getting loot and a higher chance to fail / wipe?
    There will actually be a bigger chance of seeing the loot you want drop in 25 man. If you want a very rare dagger that has 1% chance to drop and you go 10 man where the boss drops only 2 epics the chance is way smaller then in 25 man where the boss maybe drops 6 epics. The math is easy to be honest... On top of that you will get more badges and gold from the 25 man instances, how can any of this not be rewarding for bigger guilds that wanna raid 25 man?

Think also about the fact that this will help fix the crazy gear inflation that has been going on in wotlk, the difference between a newly dinged 80 and someone the latest dungeons is just insane. And all it really comes down to is what gear you are wearing and not your skill as a player. On top of this because of the way gear is scaling out of control all the instances/heroics and early raids are just complete facerolling.
    I hope that they will also make the difference between the gear tiers way smaller in cataclysm. Tier 11 should just be a few stats better then dungeon sets, tier 12 should only be a few stats better then tier 11. Make it more about skill and less about gear!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

•10-Man and 25-Man raids will share the same lockout. You can defeat each raid boss once per week per character.
    1 week lockout is too long becuase 10 & 25 raids will share the same lockout.

gtz Blizz !!! almost full on your epic quest to turn milionaire

omg this

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti
    I welcome this change.....now I dont have to do the same bosses twice (for some ppl 4 times in a week for ToC)

Just hope the raids wont be too long..... or that they also change how ppl get saved (as in on a per boss basis, rather then per isntance ID)
    2 times so far my 10man has had to stop early cause of 1 person leaving. nobody wants to come in for the last 2 bosses of icc/and or is saved to the first 4/6 bosses.

i dont see why people have a prob with this change anyways. nobody expected to be able to kill illidan 2x a week...why should you expect to kill deathwing 2x per week?
    also healing icc 2x per week on my pally burned me out on healing...again. i quit for a time cause i was tired of healing ulduar cause of that. now i get to heal the raids on my main then do a lil dps'n on an alt. and not miss out on loot for my main. /win ;D
    Intel Core i5 2500 quad core
    8gb ddr3 ram
    ASUS SABERTOOTH SLI motherboard
    Geforce 580gtx
    Corsiar Force3 120gig SSD (boot drive + WoW install)
    WD 400gb hdd

So wait... whats the point of doing 25 mans now?

ugh... I hope the raids and heroics are hard as hell so i have something to do all week....

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I believe this marks the death of 25 mans.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz
    The thing I hate is that the items from 10 man will have the same look & name as the item that drops in 25man. The thing I love is that since you only kill the boss once a week it will have a more epic feeling and will be more fun, also there will be more raids so who cares that you can't do 10man AND 25man of the same instance? Nice change!
    Same look, name and stats. It will be the same item.

The advantage to doing a 25 man is mathematical and is especially beneficial to 25 man guilds since they will be able to gear up more people per a single run of a raid (as long the quanitity of loot dropped in a 25 man loot is 3x or more the quanitity dropped in a 10 man).

15+ Year Old Account

do not want
    catface.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrandom
    This is a giant slap to the face. 25man will be more or less pointless now and with only 1 lockout a week people will clear it in 1-2 days and then go afk for the rest of the week?
    MULTIPLE 5-6 BOSS RAIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrandom
    This is a giant slap to the face. 25man will be more or less pointless now and with only 1 lockout a week people will clear it in 1-2 days and then go afk for the rest of the week?
    personally i think lots of people are getting sick of having to run 10's and 25's on multiple toons weekly, this will even out casual players with people that are on 24/7

so now you don't have to spend as much to get good gear and keep up with raiding guilds if you're only a casual player

If your guild is a strict 25 then you will possibly work on 2 25's in a week which will keep u busy (SSC/TK)

10 man will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    You (and everyone) will care, considering that it will be the main factor of Cataclysm. Especially when there ARE rewards related to Guild Leveling.

this isn't a dig at you mate, i just saw you had posted this same message about 10 times in this discussion
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&n=Paulkariya

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL
    Yes that's right.

Those selfish 25man raiders! I can't believe they actually want an advantage to raiding 25mans!

Those 10 man raiders, totally not selfish at all and just nice guys. They just want to see all the content and get the best purples in easy, slow, watered down raids!

Seriously, the irony and arrogance of 10man raiders is blinding.
    I'm a 25 man raider primarily. I just don't share the same knee-jerk reaction as all these other people who can't interpret and digest information. 25-man raids will drop more emblems, they will be the path to take if you want highest tier emblems faster. They will drop more loot. Blizzard hasn't specified how much more loot. Relax.

Seriously, the irony and arrogance of someone jumping to conclusions about another person is... blinding?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Bah

Cant just go and do 25-man with guild and do a 10-man friends run >

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by morrow311
    JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE BAD AND CAN'T GET INTO A DECENT 25 MAN RAID DOESN'T MEAN THE REST OF US SHOULD SUFFER. PLEASE STOP BEING BAD.
    Everybody can play how they want. I love 25 man raiding but it only takes to much time to do 4 days 25 and then 1 day (saturday afternoon) sunday(afternoon) tuesday (19:30-23:00) 10 man raids thanks for this atleast i get a bit of free time back.

I have not read the whole thread but from what I have read people are missing one thing. Both the 10 and the 25 mans are going to be dropping the same exact gear. They are not going to be dropping similar gear. So if you are raiding in a ten man and there are 15 possible items that drop you could be waiting quite a few weeks to find that one piece of gear because the drop rate on each item is going to be very low. If I ever do a 10 man in Cataclysm I will be happy because I am an enchanter and I will be collecting a lot of enchanting mats from all the de's.

Meh...mixed opinions from me.

Not to sure I'm a fan of not people able to do 10 and 25 in a week if I would like.

O well, QQ or no QQ...it doesn't change anything.

Higher chance of drop, but not a higher chance to get it. 10man: Only rogue. 25man: Moar rogues who will steal ur noms.

Great idea! They should have done it before.
    You won't spend so much time doing both 10 & 25 mans like is it nowadays and do something else - play rated bg, arena, quest some, level alt , get some amazing achievement, do other raid etc.

time spent on raid x2 < time spent on raid x1 + doing something else

cheers blizz.