Page 19 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

"OMG iLevel"... I've always known about the concept of ilevel but long ago in vanilla and burning crusade, we went by another method of judging upgrades... KNOW YOUR CLASS. I am proud to use gearscore to low standards and rule out the people with shitty gear for whatever I'm doing, but serious raids also go by inspection or armory.

Very torn, yet another "Is blizzard a genious, or an idiot?" moment with implementation. If 10==25 then they need to make some big perks to 25. 2-3 drops in 10man, 6-8 drops in 25? 10g per person in 10, 50g per person in 25? 3 badges in 10, 9 badges in 25?

Stuff like this is what can keep 25 raids alive and healthy. Just because it's the same loot does not mean there are no perks to raiding in larger groups. If you sit there saying "omg this emblem item is perfectly designed for my class, I need 200 to get it" your going to want to get it as soon as possible. Regarding difficulty and the fact that 10mans are easier to build, teach, and are generally more forgiving (and that's not a theory).. well we'll have to see for ourselves, I know a lot of people currently take for granted 10 man raids because everyone inside walks around with better quality gear.

What this WILL bring about is the death of 20,000 random pug groups. "NO, I won't go to your raid because I have a guild run." "NO, I'm saved!".

AWESOME.

No more 7 day raid schedules and feeling obligated to do 10 man!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBiased
    Gear is content.
    Extrapolative thinking fail.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted

First off i like these changes, saying that as a 25 man raider, but i do wonder if they will merge 10 and 25 mans achis with this?
    Also i bet you only will be able to get realm firsts via 25 man raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwithopp
    Its 10 man, its easier. If people are dying in your 10 mans, you should all wear football helmets while playing.

So no you shouldn't be rewarded.
    yeah and I'm sure you're any good at the game, too. how's keyboard turning working out for you? still PUGing ICC and having trouble with anything beyond the first 4?

don't worry one day you'll shine.

I sooooo hope this will get many hardcore, elitist, vanilla-praising jerks finally out of the game. If you dislike changes so much and keep threating to /wowquit each change Blizz makes -> DO IT! Don't let us stop you! Quit already, and let us have some fun without your bullshit.

Not sure if I like this idea or not, but I'll see in the future how it's gunna work out.

I welcome this change. There's loads of people crying about how this is the end of wow and how they'll just have to afk for a whole week. Blizz is probably just going to give us more content to work on instead of grinding the same instance for ages which is frustrating. 10 mans and 25 mans dropping balanced amounts of gear equals faster gearing in my mind. And if you find raiding in a 10man so beneath you, then just do the 25man version and the heroic modes, those aren't going away after all. Let's just see what'll happen before slitting wrists :I

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

Impersonation of the average MMO-Champion forum QQer.

"I AM COMPLETELY GOING TO IGNORE HALF OF THE POST. I AM CHANNELING MY NEGATIVITY. WHAT, SHARED LOCKOUTS? THAT'S BULLSHIT! I AM TOTALLY NOT GOING TO READ THE PART WHERE THEY TALK ABOUT MULTIPLE DIFFERENT RAID INSTANCES, THAT'S STOOPID. I'M JUST GOING TO WHINE THAT I'LL BE BORED FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY MY GUILD WON'T BOTHER GOING TO MULTIPLE FUCKING RAIDS WITHIN ONE WEEK. THAT'S STOOOOOPID."
    DEAL WITH IT.

I find it funny how people always try to make the "end of the world" argument. 25-Man raiding is not going to end because of these changes. Several people here discount the fact that there is more Gold and more loot available to the 25 Man raids which will still make this the preferred raid style for large guilds since they will gear up faster and make more gold in the process. Another benefit of 25M is you are more likely to see that drop you have been waiting for like a new shield or trinket and you wont have to get mad that it never drops.

Let me translate these changes:

- We want to lower the amount of tokens players feel they need to grind out.

- We want players who do not have a 4-6 hour chunk of time to still be able raid and have fun.

- We don't want players to spend all their time raiding at the start of Cataclysm so they have time to level alts and experience the "New" Azeroth. (after all this is a massive revamp of the old world).

- There are still hardmodes which will still offer better gear for skilled players.

- Many 25-M raiding guild would create 1-3 groups of 10M raids and use the 10M encounters to learn fights. This puts pressure on players that want to raid with a large group to do the raid 2 times a week and as previously stated we want players to have more time available to play alts to experience all the new content without feeling the pressure from the guild to raid.

*This is how I interpreted the post....

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by papey
    sounds like a balancing nightmare, but if they pull it off then its all good
    true, but that's why they're giving important spells to more than once class, like a heroism/bloodlust for mages.

Tbh, this will mean though that barely anyone will raid 25 man anymore, considering the increased amount of dedication and teamwork u need. IDC tho, the more casual the better for me. Casual = fun

Oh just to mention, this will stop facerolling 10man content in 25man gear. Bosses "tuned" for gear means how much tank damage happens and how much healing and dps is needed to beat the encounter, it's purely a gear factor. No boss except Deathwhisper has any more complicated mechanics in Icc on 25 than 10.

And don't say you're so pro because you raid 25, I know so many people getting carried in 25 mans, doing sub par dps, but they hide in the crowd. And yeah, those who farm "storming the citadel (25 man)" are usually people who never managed to kill Putricide, Blood Princes or Sindragosa on 10 man, if 10 mans are so easy and they're so pro because they have "storming the citadel (25 man)" achiev why aren't they Kingslayers (10 man) already?

P.S. Guys who cancel their accounts now:
    bye bye you won't be missed elitist tarts.

I LIKE IT

Becouse there is NO reason to not like it

WOTLK brings us raids with 10, 25, 10hc, 25hc, I do belive that was the reason why we got so shity amount of raid contents in WOTLK couse blizz was sure that the fact we can do in many ways 1 raid will be equale to 2 raids in one way

NOW blizz is... mixing Vanilla, BC and WOTLK

Bc- lots of small amount of bosses raids
    WOTLK - hc and chance to do raid in 25 OR 10
    Vanilla - becouse its gonna acually bring us raids that can be done 1time per week couse, not everyone gonna do HC.

I DO belive that blizz really wants to bring us mooore raid contents, If that soo that would be great (+ they should redone all azeroth 5man from 1-60 and add them as 85 HC ver next to those from 80-85) that would be a lot of new stuff to do.....

I no longer see a reason to do 25 mans.

Grats blizz, way to fuck over any serious raiding guild. Why waste your time finding 25 good players when you only need 10? Just take the 10 best out of your guild and sit the rest for a week, its easier than struggling with 25.

Quote Originally Posted by trilog
    yeah and I'm sure you're any good at the game, too. how's keyboard turning working out for you? still PUGing ICC and having trouble with anything beyond the first 4?

don't worry one day you'll shine.
    9/12 ICC 25 before I stopped raiding.

11/12 10 man.

Heroics BTW, I'm sure you've never seen any of them.

No keyboard turning here but I appreciate the scrub ass comments. Enjoy your free gear in Cata.

I Aint read the other comments yet,but I like this change me and my rl friends quit 25 man raiding a few months ago and are running a 10 man guild,Making the 10 man's harder but with the same loot as 25 man raids is perfect for us i cant wait for this.

Maybe this has already been answered but i cba reading all this stuff so here it goes:

Imagine this:

Guild doing 25man raiding. Kills first boss...awsome...
    Then starts wiping at second boss... and keep on wiping...

Then they go for 10 man...but it happens that those 25 are saved on the same raid ID..i think this can suck abit.

My experience is that this can cause some trouble..my guild for example, people raid 25 man..but on a sunday and monday we don't have enough people..so we go for 10 man

The problem is that many people are now saved in the same raid lockout.

See my point?

Deleted

One of the best changes ever!

"Mm, your tears are so yummy and sweet"

I wonder how many people from 25 man guilds will be prefering to do a 10 man with some good players over the guild 25 man with harry the noob healer and flippy the five k dps.

Strictly 10 man guild raider here. And first time poster. (be gentle) While I can see why people are upset about this change and I cant really blame them, I for one support the change. I didnt start raiding till the end of BC, we did 25s in naxx and stopped in ulduar, the hardest part of 25s for us was finding people who were smart enough to make it to the end, with the right people we always found 25s easy. So I like the fact that 10s may get harder and hold more merit. But Im not greedy and I dont really play for loot as much as the fun of raiding. I think they should make 1 or 2 short raids 2-3 bosses, they dont have to have a whole lot or anything to do with the story kind of like vault but make em 25only, or even 40s to give the guilds that like big group make ups something only they can acomplish, ill never see the content, but Im ok with that. me + spelling= Fail