Page 21 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

All I got out of that blue post is "We here at Blizzard are bored of World of Warcraft, we are lazy"

They better be putting out a SHIT TON of raids (3-4 upon release with multiple bosses) if this is happening. Alot of people fill their raid week with a ten man and a twenty five man. I just don't understand why this is a good change, it just makes 25man raiding pointless now. Which make me sad since It's something else to do.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Reixy
    I no longer see a reason to do 25 mans.

Grats blizz, way to fuck over any serious raiding guild. Why waste your time finding 25 good players when you only need 10? Just take the 10 best out of your guild and sit the rest for a week, its easier than struggling with 25.
    Silly bitch is silly, 25m's= DOUBLE TO TRIPLE the amount of loot, badges, GOLD IN 10m's. 25m's aren't dead unless shit heads like you ran the raiding community en masse.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwithopp
    9/12 ICC 25 before I stopped raiding.

11/12 10 man.

Heroics BTW, I'm sure you've never seen any of them.

No keyboard turning here but I appreciate the scrub ass comments. Enjoy your free gear in Cata.
    lol if anything Cataclysm is avoiding free gear, but I suppose asking you to grasp the concept of 1 lockout = less gear is a little too much for a degenerate such as yourself. grats though! the equivalent of doing heroic ICC is the equivalent of running t4 content in TBC. man those bone spikes during bone storm are really tough, eh?

oh what's that? you only made it to t4 content in TBC? that would explain everything. come talk to me when you've done anything remotely challenging.

more butthurt please it's amusing to watch morons like yourself get mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry
    Now if Blizzard will also kill getting last tier for free (aka pressing one button on LFG tool), I'll be in eternal orgasm. x) Maybe people will older raids, not only newest.
    You have to press 2 buttons, one to join the queue and one to join the party. We've all had to wait for that alt-tabbed retard dps who never joins the party while we sit there for another 30 sec before getting put back in line.

On Topic:

What we have yet to be informed about is how loot will actually be distributed. Its obvious Blizzard is going to stick with the tier for badges system. Now they've stated in the past that costs for badge loots were proportional to the total number of badges one could get in a week. Now current badge prices are based on running the weekly, the dailies, and 10 and 25's of both VoA and ICC, leading to relatively high inflation in badge cost per item between the tiers. Ideally you would get cheaper upgrades every 1-2 weeks depending on your progress and higher ones (helm/chest for 95) every 2-3 weeks.

Now if Tier 11-14 had a badge cost relative to doing the weekly, dailies, and 25 man raids (which will drop more badges than 10 man) this will make the gearing speed between 10 and 25 even more pronounced. If 25 man's drop 3 times the bades of 10 man's and prices are set assuming you are raiding 25 man vs. 10 man then you are actually at an even higher advantage than your "small group" counterparts. Essentially in the time it takes a 10 man raider to get a single piece of tier gear, a 25 man raider could have gotten 2-3 depending on which slots he/she is spending them on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

10+ Year Old Account

Weeeeeeeeee!! Just when i dropped pve for pvp.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Expect for them keeping the gating mechanic, I am more than okay with this.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker
    I sooooo hope this will get many hardcore, elitist, vanilla-praising jerks finally out of the game. If you dislike changes so much and keep threating to /wowquit each change Blizz makes -> DO IT! Don't let us stop you! Quit already, and let us have some fun without your bullshit.
    grow up... please.

theory crafting killed and 10 man raids drop 25 man loot? sounds like there is no point in competitive playing anymore...

seriously blizzard, how can you expect to get players who stay at wow at all anymore?

This thread so far

- 25man raiders display their disgust at these changes. Now there's no 10man raids on off-days unless you all have alts in the same content tier.
    - 10man raiders display their IQ saying 25man raiders (who do the harder, fast paced content) are just lootwhores and they clearly deserve top ilvl loot for no actual reason.
    - Clearly, 10man raiders enjoy 10mans because they have 9 friends and loot doesn't play a part at all (just want to experience content brah!!) but they need the same loot as 25man raiders even though it doesn't matter to them.
    - Strict 10man guilds love this change because now, even though 25man guilds having higher ilvl loot impacts in no way, shape or form on their own raiding schedule, they now get the same loot as 25mans. Makes sense right?

All I see is a bunch of lootwhore 10man raiders (probably clickers, keyboard turners and just bad) getting a boner over getting even better purples and showing no respect, yet again, to the feelings of 25man raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwithopp
    If people die in 10 man ICC, even on hardmodes your guild is fucking awful. That place was cleared the first week it was out.
    How about linking your heroic 10 man LK kill for us.

Oh yeah, now I don't have to do 10man Great change. I raid 25man 4 times a week so doing 10 man would steal a lot of my pvp time.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    Alot of people fill their raid week with a ten man and a twenty five man. I just don't understand why this is a good change, it just makes 25man raiding pointless now. Which make me sad since It's something else to do.
    Yeah they might have to do something else now to fill the time... :

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray
    theory crafting killed and 10 man raids drop 25 man loot? sounds like there is no point in competitive playing anymore...

seriously blizzard, how can you expect to get players who stay at wow at all anymore?
    Do you have a brain? How will this change kill competitive playing if anything it will make it more competitive when the high end guilds can raid without downies.

Wow...this is...wow.

Truly a complete overhaul of the raiding system, it's a big change.

I have to say, I kind of like it. It will definitely save on burnout from raids, and if you don't make it into the guild's 25 man run that week, you don't feel left out if you're running a 10 man with the guildies.

This will ONLY work if Blizz does a good job matching the difficulty levels though. I have faith that they can do this.

On another note, the selective reading skills of people on this forum astounds me. 25 MANS ARE NOT GOING TO DIE OFF BECAUSE OF THIS. THEY WILL DROP MORE LOOT THAN IF YOU ARE RUNNING 2 10 MANS. NO, THIS DOES NOT KILL OFF HARD CORE RAIDING. HARD MODES ARE STILL THERE, AND THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL WILL NOT DROP FROM CURRENT LEVELS.

That is all.
    I've played a balance druid and an arms warrior since the release of Vanilla WoW, simply because they are fun and I like the play styles. Enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by trilog
    lol if anything Cataclysm is avoiding free gear, but I suppose asking you to grasp the concept of 1 lockout = less gear is a little too much for a degenerate such as yourself. grats though! the equivalent of doing heroic ICC is the equivalent of running t4 content in TBC.

oh what's that? you only made it to t4 content in TBC? that would explain everything. come talk to me when you've done anything remotely challenging.

more butthurt please it's amusing to watch morons like yourself get mad.
    Twins in Vanilla
    Quit for the original Naxx, not the one you wiped in at level 80.

Server first Illidan, Archimonde, Vashj and Kael. Server second Kil'Jaeden (pre nerf, not that you would know who he is either)

Rank 13 Hunter.

Cleared everything in Wrath before it was nerfed.

Keep trying you shitty, you and your "10 man guild" are terrible.

Now call me a nerd for accomplishing all of the above playing 15-20 hours a week tops.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo

When you think it through, you will realise the only thing that changes are hardcore guilds will find it mandatory to do 10 man's to get World kills, nothing else changes.
    The news has always been separated for that.
    "World first Lich King 10 man by.."
    *week later*
    "World first Lich King 25 man by.."
    I bet 1k gold that they will still be doing 25's.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

No one who says 25 man are harder have done 10 mans without 25 man gear. Regardless of this, its a moot point because per the post, the content will be tuned to be identical in difficulty, with the incentive for 25's being more gear, more badges, and more gold (ala faster progression and gear up, and meaning all the lil ignatz my gear is better than yours children will still want to do 25 to be first).

Quote Originally Posted by Cathercy
    I like it.
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

This is great news in my opinion.

Less gear inflation.
    No need to raid more than a couple nights per week.
    Older raids may still see action (see TK and SSC in Burning Crusade.. still cleared weekly by BT guilds pretty often)

HOPEFULLY it will mean 10 mans will be made harder, not that 25 mans will be made easier.

This is the biggest fail from Blizzard _ever_. This will make 25 man raids useless, who wants to raid them if you get the same loot from 10 man? And the difficulty is gonna be the same? Goodbye "the real challenge" all hardcore raiders want from 25 man heroics, it's all gonna be gone now. Sure you can raid the 25 hc and get like 20 spell power more from an item, AWESOME. And of course an achievement lol.

And this one lockout? So fucking stupid, people kill all the bosses from a raid in one or two nights and then sit idle the rest of the week? Good job, Blizzard, goob job.

I so wish Blizz is gonna change this before cata, and if they don't, think what went wrong when all they hear is QQ about casual playing.