Page 31 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

Quote Originally Posted by sadpandaa
    To all those strict 10 man raidguild shitheads.

WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?

Nothing is chaning for your fucktards. U had 10 man gear and went into 10 man instances only, meaning the fuckin bosses are tuned exactly for U SHITHEADS. There was NOTHING holding u back in your shitprogression.

The only reason why u drooling bads are happy is that u can have the same gear as the good players.
    So true.

15+ Year Old Account

For the people who are worried about being bored, I propose that Blizzard makes it so that once a raid instance is cleared in 25-man, it's able to be re-entered (only by those flagged for the cleared instance id) in either 10 or 25-man (same difficulty level so that it's not a heroic training ground), but the bosses drop zero loot, badges, gold, etc.

There. You can raid as much as you want now, since you raid for the fun of raiding, right?

For those of you who think this is Blizzard's dumbest decision yet, tell me...

Did you buy That Retarded fucking Horse?

I am glad i will be able to raid less and if they can make 10s as hard as 25s i will be very happy as i hate doing 25s my Computers graphics lags me to hell in some 25m situations while in 10 man i can enjoy the art and details of the raids.
    Great changes imo i was planning on quitting after the world events at the end of wotlk now i am not so sure.

15+ Year Old Account

and another one
    2 items 10 man
    6 items 30 ppl guild

who gears up faster?
    thats ridiculous, or do you really believe that 6 items will drop per boss ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by domn
    For those of you who think this is Blizzard's dumbest decision yet, tell me...

Did you buy That Retarded fucking Horse?
    this shit >celestial steed let retards have their rainbow pony

Quote Originally Posted by Wotch
    Horrendous raid model imo. There will now be no distinction from being a top end 25man raiding guild since all loot will be the same.

One of my favorite things to do on off raid nights is to run 10 mans but now that is impossible because of the shared lock out periods.

This is a horrible horrible absolutely atrocious system that just destroyed my off night activities and gives 0 real incentive to do 25 mans.

So far it has gone from 40 mans because they were too hard to organize to 10's and 25's with different loot to 10 and 25s with the same loot because 25mans are too difficult to organize. The next step is going to the removal of 25mans with 10mans and 5man heroics sharing the same loot.

/rant
    no it went from 40 mans to specific 10 or 25 mans to this casual gearfest bullshit where you can run the same raid twice. there may not be a clear distinction between 25 man/10 man, but what do you care? raiding died with WOTLK. everyone and their mom can raid now. there is nothing truly that difficult in WOTLK (with the exception of maybe heroic LK). you are not elite unless you have LK on heroic down. back in the day if you raided you were elite. in BC you were elite if you were in t5+. now you're only elite if you have heroic LK (or most of the heroic bosses) kills under your belt. WoW's "elite distinction" died a long time ago and the elite margin has only become more and more specific as the game has slowly opened up to casuals.

My statement wasn't about "just gearing up". It's about additional, challenging goals with reward. You can gear up on those other 6 bosses if you'd like.
    there is a challenge in 25. you have to coordinate 24 other people. the mechanics may be the same as 10 but coordinating the same amount of people will be still be a challenge.

reward is heroic loot. reward is faster gearing and emblems.

I will say it again since a lot of people here are oblivious: more loot will drop in 25. if the ratio is kept the same, you will get gear quicker. there is a 1/24 shot of you having a piece of gear in 4 weeks. JUST ONE PIECE. you may be lucky and get even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen
    This is completely retarded....
    Casuals have no business raiding imo. The difficulty is getting taken out of this game so damn quick. 25 man is wear gear and progression is at and blizz you are taking that away thanks for killing a good game
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomphoenix
    Pretty sure this is Bizzard's dumbest idea yet.
    There is a pretty good explanation as to why you two only have one post.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements
    Cataclysm will change a couple of things to the raiding system apparently. "Too long didn't read" version:

• 10-Man and 25-Man raids will share the same lockout.
    • 10-Man and 25-Man raids difficulty will be as close as possible to each other.
    • 10-Man and 25-Man raids will drop the exact same loot, but 25-man will drop a higher quantity of items.
    • Normal versus Heroic mode will be chosen on a per-boss basis in Cataclysm raids, the same way it works in Icecrown Citadel
    • For the first few raid tiers, our plan is to provide multiple smaller raids. Instead of one raid with eleven bosses, you might have a five-boss raid as well as a six-boss raid.
    For me, this is a great change. While I acknowledge all of the complaints about this making WoW more casual, I can't say I agree with much of it. For starters, 25-man encounters have never been inherently more difficult than 10-man encounters. If anything, the opposite is true because as the number of participants scales up, so does your margin for error in generally all but the most mechanically challenging encounters.

The challenge in a 25-man raid is a force that acts upon the game not from within, but from without. The true challenge lies in getting a larger number of people, all appropriately geared, appropriately skilled, and appropriately learned of the encounters to all show up at the same time and act in unison, not in the health and damage numbers or the extra adds.

[blizzquote="Nethaera;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24401856405/cataclysm-raid-progression-refinements/]In terms of tuning, we want groups to be able to jump into the first raids pretty quickly, but we also don’t want them to overshadow the Heroic 5-player dungeons and more powerful quest rewards. We’ll be designing the first few raid zones assuming that players have accumulated some blue gear from dungeons, crafted equipment, or quest rewards. In general, we want you and your guild members to participate in and enjoy the level up experience.[/blizzquote"]

This is the part that bothers me. I wanted to see more of the stepladder progression seen in TBC, not the patch-by-patch progression of WotLK. You level to the cap, you run instances and quest until you can run heroics, you run heroics until you can raid, then move on to the next raid, etc. What's the point in designing 10 and 25-man's to have the same difficulty if there isn't any difficulty at all? Quest rewards competing with raid drops? Really?

I understand that they want everyone to see their raids, but they need to understand that their current system doesn't accomplish that in an all-inclusive way. Yeah, a lot of people can see Icecrown now. But how many people are in ICC and ToC now that have never cleared Naxx or Ulduar? I know a lot. That's good content, quality content, but why should they when it's quicker, easier, and there's better gear available from mass heroic badges.

So basically this is the next step, from 40 to 25 and now basically making 25 mans obsolete and ignoring the additional difficulty that comes in managing a 25 man raid...

another slap in the face of those who like the additional challenges of 25 man raiding, and this also makes clear why they are making a lot of classes more or like generic copies of each other.

Thank God! I have been waiting for this, didnt ever expect to see this again! Im so happy right now!
    WAY TO GO BLIZZ!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by domn
    Regardless, difficulty is being brought more in line, so his argument is pretty much invalid.
    somewhat invalid i agree, but my point was people saying how much more difficult 25 mans were over 10 mans.

since they are bringing difficulty more in line with each other i think it benefits

10 man - people who have smaller guilds and a more tight knit group of people.

25 man - efficienty and for people who have huge guilds and/or love having a huge group of people with them.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wythel
    If there is no need to 25-man the content at all, it will kill the need of guilds the second it's effective.
    Even the 40 ==> 25 and then the 10-25 mirroring changes, that already damaged the "MMO" aspect of this game so much, will feel cosmetic after that.
    The epic time of WoW is gone.

RIP PVE
    OH so agreed

When a wild forum troll appears

To all those strict 10 man raidguild shitheads.

WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?

Nothing is chaning for your fucktards. U had 10 man gear and went into 10 man instances only, meaning the fuckin bosses are tuned exactly for U SHITHEADS. There was NOTHING holding u back in your shitprogression.

The only reason why u drooling bads are happy is that u can have the same gear as the good players.
    I cannot express how happy I am that you're upset

i was already on the fence about playing during cata, but after reading this i kinda just wanna cancel my account now.

I call foul on blizzard for this.....
    -first they did away with 40mans because it was well.... to difficult for 40 people to raid.
    -then they did away with multiple different 25's and 10's that were of different scale and difficulty
    -then they did away with attunements
    -then they implemented raiding achievements
    -then they forced you to farm the same instance on 10 and 25man
    -then they forced you to farm the same instance on 10 and 25man normal and heroic
    -then they give us a gated attempt based heroic instance....
    -now they are giving the same gear for 10 and 25man.....

I enjoy WoW. But what ever happened to just killing a boss and it being an epic achievement. I was a casual in Vanilla and part of BC. So I did what I could for gear and enjoyed the game... farmed kara and gruuls and the easy stuff in ssc/tk until I decided I wanted to raid. Our guild had some good times in MH/BT. But we still ran gruuls and tk/ssc.
    Maybe its nostalgia but please stop catering so much to the casuals... I'm not saying make 13 different SWP and release them all... but stop giving in to the people who think because they can only muster 10 people for a raid that they deserve the same loot as the 25player guilds. I can't call the developers lazy, but make some 10man only instances and 25man only and stop this repetitive cycle of BS of instances. Its what has made me question whether or not to play cata. If this is blizzards grand idea for cata though I don't see it holding the same weight that Vanilla and BC has and to a lesser extent WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    For the people who are worried about being bored, I propose that Blizzard makes it so that once a raid instance is cleared in 25-man, it's able to be re-entered (only by those flagged for the cleared instance id) in either 10 or 25-man (same difficulty level so that it's not a heroic training ground), but the bosses drop zero loot, badges, gold, etc.

There. You can raid as much as you want now, since you raid for the fun of raiding, right?
    NICE!!!

this post is full of win

10+ Year Old Account

Welcome to World of Warcraft, where anyone who bitches can completely flip sides in a few hours.

Seriously, the most bitching this expansion came from people who ran the same instance 4 times and complained how it needed changed. It got changed and (NO FUCKING SURPRISE HERE) people are bitching about it!

Dear god...I swear...the forums have to be made up of 10 year olds or all the dumbasses who's skulls are too thick to even function properly.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphroditi
    I don't raid very much, so my opinions don't hold much weight but... I think these are really cool changes.

I'm sure there will be a lot of nerd raging though...
    this

10+ Year Old Account

For all who thinks this is a "good idea" please quit the game your the reason WoW will be dead come Cats release.
    We dont need you in the game nor want you

Thanks

When a wild forum troll appears