Page 62 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama
    Like Ensidia, etc. You're forgetting that most of the guilds out there have a skill gradient in their base of players. Some are inherently better than others, and this means that a subset of 10-players will always perform better on their own. The system that Blizzard is proposing will kill or severely damage 99% of these guilds.

And kill any 25-man where the content isn't trivially easy. You're making my point for me.

And the majority of 25-man guilds will die. Exactly like people have been predicting.

Thank you for making it clear.
    OH GOD. SAVE THE GUILDS THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT ANYWAY.

Without looking at wowprogress, what Guild on your server is currently ranked #17?

You can't answer, because they don't matter to you. Why are you all of a sudden up in arms defending them?

Some will last, some won't. Is this a reason to quit the game? I don't know, I'll be playing still. Will you?

PS: I fall under the category of a 10+baggage Guild. I have no idea what our plan will be. All I know is this is giving us options. Since when is this a bad thing? Because some random Guild you can't name might start doing 10's instead of 25's?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    typical america response. If something doesn't go you your way give up, don't ever try to produce thought of change or add ideas to a topic
    Haha wow...

Record ammount of comments in such a sort time?

Quote Originally Posted by Prag
    OH GOD. SAVE THE GUILDS THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT ANYWAY.
    Now you're just being ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag
    Without looking at wowprogress, what Guild on your server is currently ranked #17?

You can't answer, because they don't matter to you. Why are you all of a sudden up in arms defending them?
    Because they're people? Because I think this change is bad for them (and for me)?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentBuckwald
    Haha wow...
    You missed the point I was making I guess...

Just because you don't agree with a change doesn't mean you should quit a game that you have been playing for 2,3,4 years. You should fight for it and voice your opinions

Blizzard seems to have a firm grasp of what is going on in their games.

Like paladins and deathknights

and arena
    I'd say they do actually, considering how they crush everyone else in the MMO field. There's no one even close to them.

However, if you have a lack of faith in Blizz, then why are you even here? If Paladins, DKs and Arenas are indictment enough, you should've left long ago.

Christ people. noone said they were making 25mans easier. could be that 10mans get harder.

then again, this is world of casuals.

think Heroic raids is the new "25mans"
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Reverrend
    Atleast fucking time. Thanks blizzard

Now u dont need to get 24 other noobs that dont know what the fuck they are doing to see new bosses

just get 9 friends / guildies and riad
    "to see new bosses"

you can do that atm. all 25 man encounters have a 10 man equivalent atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssasthai
    Blizzard has said it will be more efficient to get loot in 25-man. Argument over then, right?
    But Blizzard is wrong, because it's only "more efficient" if you can still clear the same content with 25 people instead of 10. But the reality is, it will always be easier to find 10 great players instead of 25 great players. It doesn't matter what server you're on, how good your recruitment is, or anything else. It's just a fact.

My guild is 4.5 years old and we're top in Horde progression. But we also have players who enjoy 10 mans and form a tight-knit group for achievements. There are many guilds like mine.

None of us think this is a good idea.
    Yeah, I read it the last time you posted it.

I don't see what your issue is... You're doing fine in 25's. You do 10's for achievements.... This is saving you time, and you can do it all in one run?

Is your issue that there won't be anything to do after your initial 25? They've already answered that by stating that there would be multiple Raids. Roll an alt. I don't know, but you've played this long, and I'd bet my last dollar you'll be right here this time next year.

10+ Year Old Account

Just because you don't agree with a change doesn't mean you should quit a game that you have been playing for 2,3,4 years. You should fight for it and voice your opinions

I said that because of your "America" part of that.

15+ Year Old Account

I cant decide whether I like it or not.

+ More tanks will be needed. I'm a tank, well... actually I'm four tanks, so that's good. and I don't think they gonna tune it so you need 2 tanks in 10 and 5 in 25 men. not gonna happen. or 1 on 10 and 3 in 25, also not gonna happen. I'm quite sure about it - so basically it will stay at 2 in 10 and ... well ... 2-3 in 25.
    + Even they wrote the difficulty in 10 an 25 man is aimed to be quite the same, 10 man will be harder because less buffer for making errors. 1 player fail is 10 pct in 10 men and 4 pct in 25 men. So hooray for 10 men!

- Since WoW came out, it always was a race for the best gear. Don't talk bullshit and say you raid because you want to have fun with your friends - if you would, you won't be here on this page. With the change of 10 men and 25 men dropping the same loot, 25 men is pretty much pointless. The difference is, in 25 men you fight with more people for more loot. Any sense? I don't think so.
    - For those who act in that manner, why bother having guilds? 90% of all serious 10 men raiders right now all have their cross-guild-10-men-fixed-group they raid with. I'm 100% sure, they will continue with that. Many, many, many, many guilds will break up because of this.

Hard decision. But I guess, I'd go with "I don't like it"

i got a pretty good comp set up for this

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

Blizzard seems to have a firm grasp of what is going on in their games.

Like paladins and deathknights

and arena
    Aaaahhh I seeeee. You know exactly what is wrong with these things and how to fix them yes? All the while balancing it around all the other classes? Yes? Making sure all the spells aren't going to unbalance something else? Yes?

Yeah I'm sure you got this covered, you should send in your sketches/thought/essays to Blizzard to show them just how wrong they are.

I missed the part where you said that at all. Seems to me like you were bashing America about being a bunch of quitters.

I stopped reading the responses after page 5. I just wanted to put in my $.02 to anyone who cares.

I'm an officer of a 10-man exclusive guild...in other words, the toons in our guild aren't even allowed into 25-mans. We raid 10-man content in 10-man gear. So obviously, I love this change. 10-mans are infinitely more enjoyable, because you actually raid with your friends. The problem has always been that not only is it difficult to hold a guild together that only runs 10-mans, but it is difficult to be taken seriously. And really, at our skill level, 10-man is pretty easy, even with lesser gear.

This system can absolutely work if Blizzard amps up the difficulty of 10-man raids. Something has to compensate for not having to manage so many other people. In the new (old) world of mana management for healers, if 10-man bosses perhaps had more health relative to the DPS in comparison to 25-mans, then it would create a less forgiving environment for mistakes in 10-mans, because healers can't save you from your mistakes the way they can in 25-mans. Perhaps a boss that is a basic tank-and-spank in 25-man is more of a battle for survival in 10-man.

Imagiine being able to more easily pug a 25-man than a 10-man, because 10-mans actually require more intelligence. Then you'd have heroics which require intelligence on both difficulties, but only the truly elite can do it on 10-man.

But, bottom line...if you want to keep people involved, raids have to have tiered progression again. Welfare epics just don't work in such a scenario. With one raid lockout, if people only have to concentrate on the current tier of raiding no matter where they started, then boredom will set in VERY quickly.

I absolutely see the potential, and it's a bold move by Blizzard. Looking forward to see how it pans out.

I don't think anyone is arguing with that though... but you (wrongly) accused of an entire nation of being quitters. Not only does it show historical and cultural ignorance, it shows prejudice. Hence, the "haha wow" he gave you.

Now you're just being ridiculous.

Because they're people? Because I think this change is bad for them (and for me)?
    You totally skipped my last (important) point:

I am one of those people. Hell, I'd bet the majority of the people in this thread are along the same line.

Why exactly is this going to destroy the Guilds in question again? That point seems to have been missed.

i wanna see how they will balance this, since in 25 man raids u get 2.5 more chances of someone screw up. And cant say that the strong point of bliz is balancing. They probably will just tunne up the hp of the bosses, shame shame.

Quote Originally Posted by muto
    i got a pretty good comp set up for this

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000
    No warriors, no DKs, no mages, and all specs defined for the classes you do take...

already the FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH comps are starting, defining everyones guild and futures of their class......

this just doesn't happen with 25 mans, look at all the first kills of a variety of major bosses in 25 mans, the compositions vary...will they with HM 10 mans... if they are truly hard the 10 man comps will not be varied at all. Then every avg. guild will just copy + paste, specs/classes/talents.