MinSysReqs for high fps in 25m raids

Topic says it all, whats the general consensus?

I don't want to spend thousands on a 'ultimate gaming pc,' just something that can run wow flawlessly for high-end hardmode raiding.

Re: MinSysReqs for high fps in 25m raids

Quote Originally Posted by awebz

I don't want to spend thousands on a 'ultimate gaming pc,' just something that can run wow flawlessly for high-end hardmode raiding.
    If you want to run wow flawlessly in a 25man raid with ultra graphics, you're gonna need to shell out some cash.
    \o\ \o> \o/ <o/ /o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Falric
    This pear... so delicious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzro
    Ugh, do they have English/American call centres or are they Indian?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Gravion

not ultra graphics, graphics can be turned down, just want a very healthy lag-free framerate

Just get a decent graphics card, some good RAM, and a fast CPU, you'll be fine.
    \o\ \o> \o/ <o/ /o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Falric
    This pear... so delicious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzro
    Ugh, do they have English/American call centres or are they Indian?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Gravion

How much are you willing to spend and what can be reused?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravion
    Just get a decent graphics card, some good RAM, and a fast CPU, you'll be fine.
    I recommend:
    Processor: AMD Phenom II 955, quad core at 3.2Ghz 159$
    Memory: G.Skill 4GB at 1333Mhz and CL7 114$
    Graphics card: XFX Radeon 5770 159$

Hopefully you have a AM3 motherboard, if not, then you'll have to give away another 100$. =/

15+ Year Old Account

I recommend a Core i5 or i7 CPU over the Phenom II x4 955 (especially if you plan to overclock), but the Phenom is a good budget alternative.

Also, if you plan to do any overclocking, go with 1600MHz RAM rather than 1333MHz RAM, as it gives you more room to tweak your overclock settings.

Just note that if you're looking for a lag-free raiding environment, you should look more closely at your CPU. The raid's number crunching (spells cast, interrupts, melee hits, etc), the client's positional awareness (knowing where each person/mob is), and combat log info are all being crunched by your CPU. The flashy particle effects are your video card.

Well to gaming specialy is usualy better to invest a bit more in graphics card then in processor, even wow being a good bit more processor dependant then most.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    I recommend:
    Processor: AMD Phenom II 955, quad core at 3.2Ghz 159$
    Memory: G.Skill 4GB at 1333Mhz and CL7 114$
    Graphics card: XFX Radeon 5770 159$

Hopefully you have a AM3 motherboard, if not, then you'll have to give away another 100$. =/
    Its a very decent option. That said I have atm a PII 940 with 4gb RAM also Gskill and a 4870, and I can play with evrithing maxed with no real problem with fps, well i dont play with particules maxed but its not due to fps loss.

Get a dual core CPU, an NVIDIA graphics card...GTX 240-260 should do fine, 4GB of RAM (Dual Channel) and a low capacity solid state drive. Key here is NVIDIA, not because they are better but because of how WoW is programmed.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by EthanAJS
    Get a dual core CPU, an NVIDIA graphics card...GTX 240-260 should do fine, 4GB of RAM (Dual Channel) and a low capacity solid state drive. Key here is NVIDIA, not because they are better but because of how WoW is programmed.
    ATi is demolishing nVidia in the price-per-performance (and overall price at most pricing points) right now. A Radeon 5770 is probably the best deal you can get right now. WoW is not specifically coded to take advantage of CUDA, so they get no bonus from an nVidia product.