stat weigh in's @ Hard ArP?

Question regarding something that has been buggin me, i am currently at hardcap, and rawr still indicates agility and haste is better to gem for even though i am not at the expertise soft cap. A dodge on a special is a huge loss in dps, so my question would anybody just recommend swapping out a dragon's eye to make up this loss of expertise, because honestly i don't know where i am gonna pick it up after my 277 legs, which still leaves me 26 expertise to make up somewhere...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7gall&cn=Raxin

Re: stat weigh in's @ Hard ArP?

if rawr says haste and agi are better than you are not crit capped. hit and expertise are *only* important because of the hit cap, theoretically. you seem to have a low amount of crit, but I can't tell for sure. a dodge really isn't that big of a loss, you get 80% of the energy back and you can do the attack again after the gcd. don't get me wrong, it's a loss.. but certain stats outweigh that loss

Expertise cap is nice to have, but it's not an absolute requirement. Haste becomes very good at both hard cap, or at soft cap + nearing crit cap, so that makes sense, and agi is very good anywhere under crit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    if rawr says haste and agi are better than you are not crit capped. hit and expertise are *only* important because of the hit cap, theoretically. you seem to have a low amount of crit, but I can't tell for sure. a dodge really isn't that big of a loss, you get 80% of the energy back and you can do the attack again after the gcd. don't get me wrong, it's a loss.. but certain stats outweigh that loss
    erm 80 perc of the energy back of finishing moves, but not shreds where i am concerned about...

Dunno about feral drood but there are a lot of classes that do not enchant and socket expertise even below the cap.
    This is true for rogue, ret pala and I believe warrior.
    forumz addict :>

well i can see not socketing hit because once you get over 5 perc hit, you are only missing whites, but without the expertise soft cap, you have the possibility of loosing all the energy and the GCD.

all specials are partially refunded test it on a target dummy if you want proof.

Hit and Exp aren't worth gemming for as feral. Period.
    Vol'jin Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vol'jin
    Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya heart.
    Where is your Garrosh now?

NO SMART FOR YOU

at arp and crit cap yes they are syk

Quote Originally Posted by scorch109
    all specials are partially refunded test it on a target dummy if you want proof.
    the talent says finisher's, but I remember when i miss i get a shit ton of energy all of a sudden which made me think it was specials like you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zykothepsycho
    Hit and Exp aren't worth gemming for as feral. Period.
    wrong, please don't give false information out please.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by raxin
    erm 80 perc of the energy back of finishing moves, but not shreds where i am concerned about...
    Non-finishing moves already have a 80% on miss/dodge/parry refund built-in. Generally, after reaching the arpen hardcap you will want to go for the hit/expertise caps. Rawr undervalues hit/expertise because it doesn't do a full simulation like simcraft, so it doesn't understand the full implications of missing a special. You can add "Avoided attacks <= 0.2" to the optimizer to force rawr to go close to the hit/exp caps.