Looking for an addon: remove the blizzard XP message

Well as the topic already tell you, I'm looking for and addon that removes the Blizzard xp messages. That's to say the purple combat kinda text that popups up whenever you finish a quest/kill a mob. Is there anything like this around, and if so where can I find it?

Thanks in advance.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Looking for an addon: remove the blizzard XP message

Quote Originally Posted by Shivano
    Well as the topic already tell you, I'm looking for and addon that removes the Blizzard xp messages. That's to say the purple combat kinda text that popups up whenever you finish a quest/kill a mob. Is there anything like this around, and if so where can I find it?

Thanks in advance.
    Its built into the game interface. No mod required. Go to your interfacce, select combat text, and unclick XP gains and whatever else you don't want to see.

That's what I thought at first, but as you can see in this screenshot I have no option for it.
    [img width=800]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7107/wowscrnshot042710125721.jpg[/img]
    Click to enlarge

Quote Originally Posted by Shivano
    That's what I thought at first, but as you can see in this screenshot I have no option for it.
    [img width=800]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7107/wowscrnshot042710125721.jpg[/img]
    Click to enlarge
    if i recall correctly, you actually get there by right clicking the chat tab and goign to options in there.

10+ Year Old Account

Unfortunately, this is impossible. This text is in 3D world. The only way is to somehow replace the font with an empty one.

Quote Originally Posted by dashaus
    if i recall correctly, you actually get there by right clicking the chat tab and goign to options in there.
    He is talking about the ones that pop up over his head, not the one in message form.

My advice would be to download Mik Scrolling Battle text. It is a lot more customizable than the standard UI, it is light weight, and more than likely what you need. I am not possitive that you can turn off XP but with as many options as it has I would wager that you could.

Get MSBT

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

... but MSBT doesn't actually remove that particular popup. In fact, if you have XP gains turned on in MSBT, you get 2 XP popups. :P Same with SCT and Parrot.

That's exactly why I wanted to remove the Blizard one. I get one in MSBT.. Well I guess the easiest way will be to disable the one from MSBT and keep the ugly Bliz layout..

Oh and thanks for the replies of course!

Odd, i dont get the blizz one

no clue what i did to replace it or destroy it, but i'm glad its gone.
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest