Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Badge and PvP Point Changes, RAF Mount

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Cataclysm Badge and PvP Point Changes

Our primary goal when approaching badges in Cataclysm is to address a lot of the confusion that comes with these currency systems.
    Thank god they're alleviating the confusion with honor and badges. I was pretty confused up until this point. Last week I had tried to buy my Tier 9 shoulders but it said I didn't have enough, I had over 58,000 honor but I still couldn't buy it, even though it said I only needed 1.

I for one am loving all these changes. Really looking forward to cataclysm.

Re: Cataclysm Badge and PvP Point Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Seriousdoom
    cataclysm is going to be awesome.
    /sighed

and I love this idea! so awesome that it automatically does it for you when patch comes around ^^

FF14 is looking really good to me right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

the only thing i don't like is the dropping rating on items. it wasn't hard to get 2200 but i wouldn't like to see someone who is terrible and only does rated bgs to have the best pvp gear. i think an easy compromise is making 2 sets of pvp gear 1 for rated bgs and one for arena both being similar in stats but arena being a bit better seeing as how arena takes more coordination and skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Thats pretty handy tho, converting pvp points into pve points, even if it is at a loss, is very nice. If I dont need gems then my pvp points are usually just sitting there doing nothing at all.

Hmmm I am still not convinced by this. It still has the World of Grindcraft feel to it but this time round EVERYONE gets access to EVERYTHING.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Someone above said something along the lines of arena will take more skill and coordination than rated battlegrounds.

If we use similar logic that players use to justify 25 man raiding giving better rewards because there are more people, couldn't you also argue that there are more people in rated battlegrounds so therefore they take more coordination and skill (not to mention objectives, as opposed to just kill the other team), and therefore should give better rewards?

3DS FC: 1821-9540-3146
    Electric Safari: Manectric, Pikachu and Emolga. Looking for other friend codes for safari.
    Pre-Ordered Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Inept
    Thank god they're alleviating the confusion with honor and badges. I was pretty confused up until this point. Last week I had tried to buy my Tier 9 shoulders but it said I didn't have enough, I had over 58,000 honor but I still couldn't buy it, even though it said I only needed 1.
    My spidey senses tingle and tells me this is a troll

15+ Year Old Account

Haven't set foot in arenas for over two years, being able to BG although rated, my way to gear is the best thing since the vanilla rank-grind.
    That grind may have not been that cool but without a rating requirement the second thing to measure is dedication.

BG's are back baby!
    80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 85

Quote Originally Posted by Creptius
    the only thing i don't like is the dropping rating on items. it wasn't hard to get 2200 but i wouldn't like to see someone who is terrible and only does rated bgs to have the best pvp gear. i think an easy compromise is making 2 sets of pvp gear 1 for rated bgs and one for arena both being similar in stats but arena being a bit better seeing as how arena takes more coordination and skill.
    Ye, it's definately easier to get 9-39 other retards to actually win a match than it is for an arena team of whatever size.

Re: Cataclysm Badge and PvP Point Changes

I wonder how high the cap will be I think it will be something like, 1.5X the most expensive item cost

That way you Can't stockpile hero points and wait for a new tier to be released only to isntantly buy ALL the previous tiered gear. You will be able to buy 1-2 items then you need to farm again.....

Thats what I think.....

So far I like the changes......these changes and the raid lockout one
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Inept
    well maybe it was an iq of 1 you needed?

Go troll somewhere else.

These changes are great, can't wait for cata!

This is a Guild Killer! Thanks alot blizzard! We work so hard to maintain a great core group for our 25man raids but now I can see people not wanting to bother to keep trying...they would rather just break away and do it on 10man mode for same loot! It's alot easier to control and trust a 10man group than a 25 man raid so why would people bother to continue to work so hard for 25man loot if they can get same stuff in 10man raid? I know our tight-nit core 10man group within our guild that has run for 2 years now is something we look forward to each week. It is lot of fun and more relaxing than tryin to keep an eye on 25 people and opening up the Heroic mode and getting some nice gear has been so much fun! But the real sense of accomplishment comes from downing these bosses as a 25man group? It will be hard to raid as 25man group if people just say "screw this, i'll do 10man and get the same loot!"

So I pay Blizzard every month and trust that they are putting the money into great design such as they have done with Icecrown citadel's 10 and 25 raids with the variety in regular mode and heroic modes. So now blizzard is gonna "cheap out" and not have to put as many resources into designing different loot and setting up the mechanics for both sets of raids! All I see here is Blizzard cut backs and an end to our 25 man raids and possibly our great guild! If anything Blizzard isn't releasing newer content enough but having the different raids to attend such as 10 & 25 regular and heroic it keeps you logging on but I think people will get bored with the new setup.

What's wrong with the structure you worked so hard to achieve for Icc? I think Icecrown raids offer the best variety in raids for all players and the difficulty level within the regular and heroic modes is a great balance! You have smaller guilds doing 10man Lich King and opening up heroic modes and the boring monotonous repetition that 25raids can bring after 6 months of raiding Icecrown is broken up with the desire to open up heroic mode and make it a whole new dungeon again! If it Ain't broke Don't Fix it

This is nothing more than Blizzard "cheaping out" on us but charging us the same amount to play each month than before and at first I thought it was another one of their "April Fools Day" jokes!

Quote Originally Posted by Creptius
    Well what they need to do is make a set of gear of heroic raid quality, and set it at an arena rating so that a similar number of players are equipped with heroic raid gear as they are with "tier 2" pvp gear.

The problem with rated BGs is that "rating" will not be a distribution like it is for the MMR system in arena. Because it is forgiving (ie you don't lose rating for losing) then it loses its ability to map percentiles of players to rated BG rating, and hence it loses its ability to make a reward system that rewards a player for putting an effort into improving their game. All a rated BG system would support is the ability for the player to rack up X number of wins, despite possibly having Y>>>X number of losses to equally skilled opponents. The numbers it produced would be meaningless.

For this reason, if Blizzard intends to keep the philosophy of heroic quality gear only being obtainable by the top percentiles (and intends to keep heroic qualit pvp weapons), they must also retain t2 weapons for pvp, requiring a rating given by a MMR rating or similar rating system, which will inherently keep ratings from inflating and losing meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlight
    Someone above said something along the lines of arena will take more skill and coordination than rated battlegrounds.

If we use similar logic that players use to justify 25 man raiding giving better rewards because there are more people, couldn't you also argue that there are more people in rated battlegrounds so therefore they take more coordination and skill (not to mention objectives, as opposed to just kill the other team), and therefore should give better rewards?
    pvp isn't scripted. av zerg anyone? in a 25 man sometimes people can just afk and get carried, and similarly in bgs people currently stand there and do nothing and are still able to win. can't really do that in a 2s or a 3s game and expect anything spectacular to happen.

either way, not too fond of the removal of PR from items. weapons were the bragging rights. why else did you make 2 different tiers, blizz?

Quote Originally Posted by uTn
    Haven't set foot in arenas for over two years, being able to BG although rated, my way to gear is the best thing since the vanilla rank-grind.
    That grind may have not been that cool but without a rating requirement the second thing to measure is dedication.

BG's are back baby!
    Anyone who's happy with t2 rating-requirement weapons not existing for PvP'rs should be similarly ecstatic if Blizzard announces that all Legendary Weapons will be deleted from the game and no more will ever show up.

There's a reason that PvP'rs want rating requirement weapons, and it's because they want a way to distinguish their characters from those who put little to no effort into actually learning. The same is true for all PvErs. We all want to be recognized for not freeloading, but excelling at what we do and to remove any type of rating requirement weapon from PvP gear is a serious step in the wrong direction for this game.

I've made enough posts with the same gist but I'll stop there. The current reward system that equated heroic raid weapons in item level to t2 2200 rating weapons was fine. If this gets changed and PvP weapons fall behind there will be fallout in participation.

Quote Originally Posted by molinator
    Well what they need to do is make a set of gear of heroic raid quality, and set it at an arena rating so that a similar number of players are equipped with heroic raid gear as they are with "tier 2" pvp gear.

The problem with rated BGs is that "rating" will not be a distribution like it is for the MMR system in arena. Because it is forgiving (ie you don't lose rating for losing) then it loses its ability to map percentiles of players to rated BG rating, and hence it loses its ability to make a reward system that rewards a player for putting an effort into improving their game. All a rated BG system would support is the ability for the player to rack up X number of wins, despite possibly having Y>>>X number of losses to equally skilled opponents. The numbers it produced would be meaningless.

For this reason, if Blizzard intends to keep the philosophy of heroic quality gear only being obtainable by the top percentiles (and intends to keep heroic qualit pvp weapons), they must also retain t2 weapons for pvp, requiring a rating given by a MMR rating or similar rating system, which will inherently keep ratings from inflating and losing meaning.
    Link to your source, please, because this has not been stated on any path I've taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Imonition
    All i can say is..: fuck you blizz

pvp weps and gear without rating? not enuff that any better pve geared nab can faceroll arena weps nowdays? so now they gonna give it to every noob who farmed daily HC and weekly quest enough long? srsly gg, time to think about quiting pvp
    Jesus, I hate peen kids like you. Honestly, if you want to flex your peen, you'll have your arena ratings, titles, mounts, pets, tabards, etc, etc, etc.
    PvP is about skill, not gear. I'm glad blizzard is moving away from stupid fucks like you.

p.s. I really hope that's not you in that picture. HAHAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by molinator
    Blizzard knows this reward system for distinguished players is essential to the game and to remove t2 weapons from PvP would kill incentive to get to high arena ratings because you would inevitably begin to be ROCKED by players who have the time to do BOTH PvE and PvP and are skilled at BOTH.
    All I got from this was, you're upset that "bads" are going to have access to the same gear as you, which is an equal fight gearwise, and you don't like that. But at the same time, you're crying because people that you'd normally be on an equal playing field with, are going to be better geared then you.
    Look man, either it's fair or it's not, you can't have both. Stop crying.

p.s. See above for your incentive for doing arenas.

Sometimes i think they just killed the old wow and are making a completely new wow with hopes of bringing in enough new people to replace the people that are planning to leave