Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Badge and PvP Point Changes, RAF Mount

I actually after reading this felt a need to create an account to post.
    I am a GO of a small guild of people who know each other IRL. We have a common problems not enough tanks. All we can ever run are 10 mans, rarely we can get the bulk of the guild together and run a 25 (like flame levi for the weekly etc..)
    If you think keeping 10 people geared and able to stick to a schedule is easy you have no sense of reality. We are all adults with careers who love to play wow. We have families and other duties that keep us busy.
    With that we work very hard and take our time going through content, all must be on their top game and we know we are casual. We raid on Sunday afternoons.
    Its not easy to get people together and to get the right group with synergy who work well together and can always be there and on time. But we make do, why should people who can herd more cats get more? We work hard to get stuff done. Why should we never be able to access all of the cool stuff?
    This is a game, one I love alot. If you think 25 mans will die and are canceling your sub cause of that YOU ARE THE REASON IT WILL DIE. Not me and my real life friends who work weeks to down a boss. When we accomplish something its an actual achievement, if you dont like the game go play something else. Its that simple.

This is my understanding, not gospel of course, but I've read enough of the blue posts to think I am right. You will get Hero points for running Heroics. Like we currently get 1 Triumph Badge per boss, we will get, say, 10 Hero Points per boss. I believe there is a misnomer in calling the "Random Heroic" the "Daily Heroic" in this blue post. Previous Blues have indicated (and other information even in this post seems to confirm) that you will get Valor Points for running Random Dungeons. As many as you want to run will give you Valor Points every day. You will also get (more) Valor Points for running 10 man raids, and (yet more still) for running 25 man raids.

There is a weekly cap on Valor Points though. Let's imagine a hypothetical situation (I have no idea what the actual numbers will be, and doubt even Blizz does yet). There are two raids at release, each with 6 bosses. Running 25 man raids gives you 10 Valor Points per boss killed. Running 10 man raids gives you 5 Valor Points per boss killed. Random Heroics give you 2 Valor points per instance completed. There is a weekly cap of 100 Valor points. You can chose to run both raids 25 man. You're done. No need for Heroics to reach your cap. Play an alt, get some sun, whatever. You can run both raids 10 man, but you only got 60 emblems. You can run Randoms 20 times to make up the difference, or you can just accept that you're under cap this week. You can run one 10 and one 25. Then you'll only need like 5 randoms to cap. You can run 50 Randoms in a marathon week, involving very little sleep.

I probably have the balancing wrong, but the idea is sound. It will be possible to cap without setting foot in a raid, but you're going to run enough randoms to throw up if you do. It will be possible to cap with only 10 man raids, but you'll need at least a fair number of randoms to do it. It will probably be possible to cap with 25 mans exclusively, or with very few randoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Imonition
    All i can say is..: fuck you blizz

pvp weps and gear without rating? not enuff that any better pve geared nab can faceroll arena weps nowdays? so now they gonna give it to every noob who farmed daily HC and weekly quest enough long? srsly gg, time to think about quiting pvp
    this change is to help players like you

you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEAR
    Did they hire new game designers? Cataclysm just gets better and better.
    10/10 for trollin ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you

you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...
    Sigged !
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

pvp weps and gear without rating? not enuff that any better pve geared nab can faceroll arena weps nowdays? so now they gonna give it to every noob who farmed daily HC and weekly quest enough long? srsly gg, time to think about quiting pvp
    OH NOEZ! THEY GONE AND MESSED WITH YOUR EPEEN! DAMN THEM! DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalug
    I actually after reading this felt a need to create an account to post.
    I am a GO of a small guild of people who know each other IRL. We have a common problems not enough tanks. All we can ever run are 10 mans, rarely we can get the bulk of the guild together and run a 25 (like flame levi for the weekly etc..)
    If you think keeping 10 people geared and able to stick to a schedule is easy you have no sense of reality. We are all adults with careers who love to play wow. We have families and other duties that keep us busy.
    With that we work very hard and take our time going through content, all must be on their top game and we know we are casual. We raid on Sunday afternoons.
    Its not easy to get people together and to get the right group with synergy who work well together and can always be there and on time. But we make do, why should people who can herd more cats get more? We work hard to get stuff done. Why should we never be able to access all of the cool stuff?
    This is a game, one I love alot. If you think 25 mans will die and are canceling your sub cause of that YOU ARE THE REASON IT WILL DIE. Not me and my real life friends who work weeks to down a boss. When we accomplish something its an actual achievement, if you dont like the game go play something else. Its that simple.
    be prepard to be flamed for having common sense and reason. Welcome to MMO Champion.

besides that, im not a casual player im moderate to hardcore depending on how busy real life is and all these changes coming makes Cataclysm looks so much better

Quote Originally Posted by molinator
    I currently play at a rating where Gladiators are not infrequent, and t2 weapons are in every other match whereas I'm using a t1 weapon and a piece of honor (furious) set gear. Gear discrepancies of players even more skilled than I am at this moment do not concern me because I know I (and my arena partners) have the potential to improve. So why the hell would I be concerned about giving better gear to players who I know are more inexperienced than I am?

If you want me to put my money where my mouth is, I am Molinator, Tauren Shaman of Medivh Horde. Check my match history in 2s and tell me I don't regularly face opponents that outgear me. This is not about concern for my own rating dropping. This is about concern for the top percentile of players above me simply quitting arena and destroying my ability to progress further in the arena system because of rating collapse in the top percentiles.

In short - what concerns me is the favoritism in the reward system, and the hypocrisy of players like yourself who expect gear upgrades from progressively harder raid content, but expect PvP players to be complacent with no gear progression as they continually improve their coordination and execution in PvP combat.
    Okay, and as someone already mentioned, if that was the case then the top players would have simply stopped after reaching 2200 but guess what, they don't. They push forward to better their ratings and such.
    Also, I hate PvE. I do it on my druid sometimes to help my friends but that's about it.
    I PvP the most on my rogue, my only goal in arena each season is my t1 weapon, it's all I want because I know I can't get one from PvE. I PvP to PvP. I enjoy killing other players, I enjoy embaressing kids like you, I enjoy the challenge of an equal fight as I find they are the most fun. But hey, I enjoy rolling over baddies as much as the next guy. But no matter how fast I get my weapon or any other gear, I'll still do arena and aim for the stars because that's where the fun is, not in out gearing people.

I'm sorry that you're bad. Hey, maybe when Cata comes you'll have a chance at being mediocre!

Furthermore, I'll say my favorite part of WoW is World PvP which is basicly dead currently. I'm hoping some of the changes with Cata will bring it back or at least make BGs more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    IMO, the removal of arena rating requirements on gear and the addition of rated BGs is going to completely destroy arenas. I couldn't be happier. In BGs its the knowledge of the objectives and the strategy involved that wins the match. In arena its greatly influenced by class imbalance. This change might actually make a lot of people go back to PvPing instead of PvEing as their play style of choice.
    Why would you be happy about that just because you like BGs better?

Also, I reiterate, the removal of PR requirement on gear will have little to no impact on arena players past 2200 rating, as 2200 currently is the highest rating needed for any PvP gear (except for the e-peen tabard). There will still be titles and Gladiator mounts. Nothing really changed for most "hardcore" arena enthusiasts apart from the fact they can now more easily gear up their alts for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by levanto
    Right now a daily BG quest gives 25 arena points. The Relentless chest with both honor + arena points (no personal rate required) needs 750 arena points to get. That means that you get one piece of gear after 1 month or so of dailies. People running around in full BiS pvp gear without setting foot on arena? yeah sure

I like the change because I can now choose what piece of BiS pvp I want to get, not because I ever dream of having a full pvp set with the latest gear available. Arena will still be arena guys.
    I love how people that fail to read never fail to comment.

RATED BATTLEGROUNDS WILL GIVE THE SAME POINTS AS ARENAS!!! Therefore, if you do rated battlegrounds you never have to step foot in arenas to get PvP gear. Do you follow now?
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

your tears, I NOMS them!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Cataclysm Badge and PvP Point Changes

Because being an overpowered class for that season should reward you with bis in slot pvp gear? I know for a fact that arena has ALWAYS been dominated by lack of class balance, and as such should have NEVER been the only place good PvP gear came from. If anything, I would say that BGs take more skill than arenas and that has been proven by the dominance of certain group make ups at higher arena rankings which have left many people with a bad taste for arenas.
    I'm for all forms of PvP, I'm more in favor of World PvP though.

I've done lock rogue with the same lock since I started. Through thick and thin.

S1-S4 - Sl Sl/Shs Hemo - The good old LOL ROGUES ARE STUPID OP days. two 4pc set bonues/warglaives/bugged cheat death anyone?
    S5 Meta/Mut - Killing Paladin/DK was a bitch
    S6-S8 Destro/Mut never using the envenom spec

I got my weapons every season with the exception of the first two due to lack of experience and generally just being a baddie.

I'm lucky in the sense that, lock/rogue has always been a rather good comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor
    Ofc it is. every1 enjoys having something every1 else doesnt. The rewarding system in this game is what keeps people playing it.
    Don't speak for "everyone" when you are only one. Seriously, many of us don't enjoy seeing others do with out. I know in a capitalist system there are many that feel it is justified to have something other people don't have. However, there are still a select few that think that people shouldn't be forced to make due with out.

So if I got someone that have recruted to my account two weeks ago but have not updated time, if he does that now do that means I still get the flying mount?

Quote Originally Posted by patrux
    No rating req? So it's basically a grind ANYONE can do. No matter how bad they are.
    So pvp gear will be like like pve gear is now.. omagawd

-- I like the changes! Cant wait to pvp in a bg again.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Don't speak for "everyone" when you are only one. Seriously, many of us don't enjoy seeing others do with out. I know in a capitalist system there are many that feel it is justified to have something other people don't have. However, there are still a select few that think that people shouldn't be forced to make due with out.
    Now you're just bitching. dont tell me you dont like getting something special.

Bah! Thats rubbish, I thought you were moving away from having to do a daily dungeon to get the best points/emblems!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalug
    Why does it matter to you what gear other people get? How does that affect you? Can't you just play for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsenemy
    Hey Hey now, I had a 1990 Rating in arena and I am a keyboard turner. Even a mouse clicker the majority of the time. Ive been doing it for 5 years so I have got god at it. lol. but yeah, I feel ya.
    1990 is at the bottom.

I think a lot of the excitment of arena will be gone. i remember when first reaching 1800 and 2k and it was such an awesome feeling "OMG finally, now i can get the shoulders!!! WHY WONT WEDNESDAY COME FASTER!" And i think most poeple feel like this. now it'll just be more of a grind without any real goal.