Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: What is a PvP server like?

PvP servers aren't that much different than PvE other than the fact you have to always have head on a swivel when you are out and about. That being said I love being on a PvP server for the rush of not knowing when a battle may happen and the chance to go out and find trouble.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

If you go out of a sanctuary, you are dead. Even on a flying mount, you'll see coming 5 multiboxed ele sham on a 310% mount with a pal for the crusader aura in case you are also on a 310% mount. They will unmount, shock you and instant lava burst.

the only diff is that there are 1000000x more rogues in stealth waiting to gank u

Quote Originally Posted by g0ku
    the only diff is that there are 1000000x more rogues in stealth waiting to gank u

Qft. sometimes it seems like they have a fucking radar that lets rogues and druids know when i log in with my warlock.

For druids, it's called Track Humanoids ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo
    I play a Mage (Frost for PvP).

I've never played on a PvP server but have enjoyed non-battle skirmishes in Wintergrasp all expansion. I'll even do my dailies while flagged and let the opposite faction blue-wall me. Generally they don't know what they're getting into... it's thrilling.

I'm considering a transfer to a PvP server where I'd like to find a guild that does PvE progression, BG's together, and maybe even organizes some World PvP activities with opposite faction guilds. Is this sort of guild improbable to find?

Additionally, what else should I consider before tranferring to a PvP server?
    I used to like em before BG's but now I find them just useless and annoying. World PvP used to be the reason I played WoW but now it's just an interruption for my dailies. Leveling on them in Vanilla got quite rough in stranglethorn vale, all those 60's running to ZG taking detours ;s..

And it's full of players that think PvE servers are pussy servers and PvP servers are badass because he/she killed/got killed by a player 30 levels lower/higher than him/her. FFfffffuuuuu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

PvP server?

Lalalalalala...Oh a quest item! Lalalalala....Oh look a mining nod- OH FUCK HAMMER OF JUSTICE FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I'M STILL STUNNED AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [Death Animation]

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR7FC-h0Fb8

they are not really PVP servers, they should be called grief servers.

People only engage others in PVP if:

a) they are much lower level
    b) they are fighting mobs
    c) they are on low health
    d) the person engaging is with 1 or more other gankers

I levelled 2 80s on a PVP server and being corpse camped is just no fun whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    Not that different from PvE.
    You might get attacked sometimes, then ganked, /spitted and /lol'ed. But thats the only difference.
    Yup..thats about it. PvP servers meant something back in classic, Tauren Hill or STV...if you were there you will killing or being killed
    - KIRSCHE

After all the bullshit you can teleport to all instances and battlegrounds that blizzard has implemented. And the fact that you can use flying mounts the few times a year you actually go outside the city there really is no difference between the PvE and PvP servers. There just is no point in playing on a PvP server anymore, since you really don't encounter people out in the world...

One of the most stupid things blizzard has implemented tbh. Totally kills the feel of being in a big world and the reason for choosing to play on a PvP server :l People really should not be able to teleport almost anywhere on a PvP server :s

Can only wish for some changes to bring people out into the world again in cataclysm, but I'm not really to hopeful after the new dungeonfinder that was added ;l
    Maybe if they manage to create some super grinding spots, good daily quest with nice rewards and some world pvp objectives with good rewards it will be possible...

And also remember, if you see a lowbie. Kill him!
    He would do the same ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Svenny
    After all the bullshit you can teleport to all instances and battlegrounds that blizzard has implemented. And the fact that you can use flying mounts the few times a year you actually go outside the city there really is no difference between the PvE and PvP servers. There just is no point in playing on a PvP server anymore, since you really don't encounter people out in the world...

One of the most stupid things blizzard has implemented tbh. Totally kills the feel of being in a big world and the reason for choosing to play on a PvP server :l People really should not be able to teleport almost anywhere on a PvP server :s

Can only wish for some changes to bring people out into the world again in cataclysm, but I'm not really to hopeful after the new dungeonfinder that was added ;l
    Maybe if they manage to create some super grinding spots, good daily quest with nice rewards and some world pvp objectives with good rewards it will be possible...
    They said they're putting more emphasis on faction vs faction and city raids. I think it will be great. 100 horde on flying mounts, jumping down into the middle of stormwind and blowing shit up? Yes please.

If your not lvl 80 it is normally hell such as getting ganked in valiance keep by horde not allowing you to get to stormwind great fun. lol

On skullcrusher us there is a huge faction imbalance If you play ally you just get used to your cities being attacked almost constantly and gankers roaming every zone. As for horde you can go a long time without ever seeing alliance but when you do they are almost always instantly hostile.

10+ Year Old Account

Not much different. Depends on if you are the ganker or the gankee.

Pewpew! QQ!

PEWPEW!

QQQQQ!!

FUUUUU!!!

OMG!

/ragequitnerdragewtflolpawntwut?