I believe this change is great!
    Oke where no longer the PVP machine guns.. :-\
    but we never go low on mana again.
    Means a more steady DPS in cata and never oom again..cya viper dps nerf

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Focus sounds good

Not enough Focus.
    I need more Focus.

Option Strict disallows the conversion of integer to integer...

Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

Quote Originally Posted by Evert
    Many people complain about focus.
    Oke where no longer the PVP machine guns.. :-\
    PvE heroes...
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Many people complain about focus.
    Oke where no longer the PVP machine guns..

Sounds great, except that our defensive abilities also cost focus and therefore require planning to use... which is kind of stupid in my opinion.

Master's call, disengage, deterrence all cost 30 focus.

They want us to be ranged rogues, but why dont they make our defensive abilities cost 0 focus? rogue defensive crap doesnt take focus...

personally, I like having mana... if you arent stupid and don't get tunnel vision you never run out now... I dont see a need for change

nobody goes oom these days. im not looking forward to being focus starved.

I'm Looking forward to it
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

There will be very little difference to our rotations. If you are low on focus you will use steady shot, when you have focus you will use the other shots. Consider the time you are regening focus the cd on the abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by zaronn

Sounds great, except that our defensive abilities also cost focus and therefore require planning to use... which is kind of stupid in my opinion.

They want us to be ranged rogues, but why dont they make our defensive abilities cost 0 focus? rogue defensive crap doesnt take focus...

personally, I like having mana... if you arent stupid and don't get tunnel vision you never run out now... I dont see a need for change
    And rogues don't gain a ton of energy when they crit, nor do they gain energy by using Sinister Strike.

...personally, I like having mana... if you arent stupid and don't get tunnel vision you never run out now... I dont see a need for change
    How about because they're taking Int off all of our gear? As well as removing any talents that deal with mana? Are those reason enough for ya?

Seriously though these posts have been done to death. The focus change IS going through, whether you like it or not. All we can do now is wait and see. Beta is close, I can feel it...
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

they seem to want all classes to have a resource to manage, like the rune changes and rage. i'm pretty sure theyre doing something for ret and prot pally's resource. a hunter who just mashes cooldown priorities requires no resource management. I think focus is great.

Quote Originally Posted by tankytanktank123
    they seem to want all classes to have a resource to manage, like the rune changes and rage. i'm pretty sure theyre doing something for ret and prot pally's resource. a hunter who just mashes cooldown priorities requires no resource management. I think focus is great.
    This hadn't occurred to be but you're absolutely right. All the talk about healers and mana management, the rage changes and new rune/runic power mechanics...

Oh my god! it's like... It's like they've got a plan or something!

Actually we know that pvp is going to last longer, and resource management being a bigger concern supports that. I wonder if this means we can expect longer boss fights too?
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

The focus costs mentioned in the preview are just examples, so it is a little too soon for you to try to min / max your rotations just yet. In general, the basic rotations of all three hunters work okay on live today. With focus you might hit moments where you don't need to Steady at all, and you'll never run dry again for long periods of time like you might with mana.

If the costs of some of the defensive cooldowns are too expensive or even need to be free that's certainly the kind of thing we'll consider.

Just saying

Also mana is complete shit. Mana in a raid hinges on JOW, AotV is a terrible excuse for mana regen.

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy
    nobody goes oom these days. im not looking forward to being focus starved.
    I had to go into viper 7 times during my lich king kill last week. I wish I had focus instead, doing half damage on vile spirits or the tormented soul is bad news. Not everyone runs around with wisdom, replenishment, JoW on focus target all at once. If I could guarantee a ret paladin to follow me around and judge what I attack, then focus would be bad. Otherwise, focus could be great.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    I had to go into viper 7 times during my lich king kill last week. I wish I had focus instead, doing half damage on vile spirits or the tormented soul is bad news. Not everyone runs around with wisdom, replenishment, JoW on focus target all at once. If I could guarantee a ret paladin to follow me around and judge what I attack, then focus would be bad. Otherwise, focus could be great.
    who knows... maybe they change judgement of wisdom to provide 2% of your active resource, a bit like revitalize or rapture.

but that is discussion that belongs in the paladin forum.

I like it, but as others have said, the cost of defensive abilities needs to be either minimized, or removed entirely. There is NO reason I should not be able to say, deterrence if I need to (especially for pvp purposes!) just because I let off two - TWO - shots. Only two shots, and I wouldn't have enough focus for a single deterrence, possibly exactly when it's needed. No, the solution is NOT 'only shoot off one shot,' because then we'd be the weakest class by far in any pvp matchup, because we'd barely do any damage for fear of not being able to protect ourselves or disengage or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    who knows... maybe they change judgement of wisdom to provide 2% of your active resource, a bit like revitalize or rapture.

but that is discussion that belongs in the paladin forum.
    Agreed, however, it remains that focus will come back much more readily than mana, not to mention you'll be able to steady shot regardless of how starving you are. Therefore, you'll always be able to do damage, and at 100% too. I am very curious to see what happens when you get haste, focus regen talents, and possible "replenishments" all together. Tier 15 hunter rotation > SrS > CS > CS > CS > CS > CS > CS > CS > CS > CS > CS?

like it, but as others have said, the cost of defensive abilities needs to be either minimized, or removed entirely. There is NO reason I should not be able to say, deterrence if I need to (especially for pvp purposes!) just because I let off two - TWO - shots. Only two shots, and I wouldn't have enough focus for a single deterrence, possibly exactly when it's needed. No, the solution is NOT 'only shoot off one shot,' because then we'd be the weakest class by far in any pvp matchup, because we'd barely do any damage for fear of not being able to protect ourselves or disengage or anything.
    exactly! rogue defensive abilities do not cost focus.

exactly! rogue defensive abilities do not cost focus.
    In fact, NONE of a rogues abilities cost focus! How unfair is that?!

Sorry I couldn't help myself.
    - The Hunter's Creed -

Always hated mana, as it has more of a spell caster swing to it, thats my view on mana anyways, Cant wait till Focus, love the idea, just...may be a slight problem if Traps, Camouflage etc, cost focus. oh well we will see ^^