Thread: Expertise DK

Expertise DK

Hey i just wanted to know if i should use some expertise gem as a DK.
    Here's my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ne&cn=Jteviole

As you can see its pretty far from the cap and it's probably lowering my dps by a lot.

P.S. I know that some of my gem arn't epic, just didn't have money at that time.

Thnx for all the answer I will get

Re: Expertise DK

It's different in each specc.

If you play UH you don't need alot of expertice, just try to get the back from frost emblems and t10 legs anf you will be fine.

For Blood expertice is abit more usefull, but you should not gem for it imo, try to get it from gear.

But if you play Frost you wan't to go for the cap (26), even if you have to gem for it.

All this depends on the rotation, UH has a few globals over in their rotation and therfor can miss on a strike, blood has a bit more tight rotation and there expertice is more useful.

Frost has the thighest rotation of them all and you don't wanna miss any strikes at all.

I hope this was a good answer and i am sorry for my spelling and grammar

If you're planning on staying blood, you should really try to get expertise capped. 13 is way too low for blood dps. Blood has such a tight rotation that a miss or two will throw off the entire thing.

thnx everyone for the answer, the only problem is that it's hard to get expertise... i don't see any gear with it :S

ok, Axe from Saurfang 10 man + T10 legs + neck off Jaraxxas(i think) 25 ToC will get you started and running. You'll only need to gem 3 other spots with +20 exp to get up to 27 expertise if my math is correct.

Blood and unholy dont gem for expertise. It is a preferance, with strength/ArP being valued above capping expertise. However, some people hate making mistakes in rotations, and thus cap expertise. Gearing for it is the best option.

Expertise Cap is good for any melee DPS, but it all depends on top priority. Don't think Blood or Unholy should ever go out of their way to get extra Expertise unless they are REALLY low. Frost however should get at least soft cap, considering how how tight their rotation is, one miss/dodge/parry can cost u a lot of damage done. Also, IT+Necrosis+BCB nets you a solid amount of White Damage (ok some of it's yellow but u get the point) so less misses on white hits are always good

PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

The only way i have found to make both the hit and expertise caps through gear alone is to sacrifice a lot of ARP which surpasses expertise. As blood its really nice to be at least close to expertise cap, Unholy doesnt need much at all. You will see all over the place unholy DKs far under cap. Frost though its really important. Should be shooting for 26.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about Xargun...

264 Cloak
    T10 pants... That's most of your expertise right there.
    Add in an odd ring or other piece and your golden.

You still can achieve rather good Arp and str levels as well as hitting the exp cap with good gear.

it really isn't all that difficult to hit 26 expertise. especially if you already have a racial that gives you an expertise bonus with certain weapons. /cough Humans...

frost emblems expertise cloak
    t10 legs
    boots from gunship 10, or 10 heroic

and you'll be expertise capped

those are the only 3x expertise items i got, and my hit rating is 265 and armor pen 734, so i'm not totally gimping my other stats either, although i'd want more armor pen but... meh... and i also play frost, and i LOOOVE not having those pesky dodges, it's nice to have a smooth running rotation without getting any misses/dodge :3

Quote Originally Posted by Neltharian
    it really isn't all that difficult to hit 26 expertise. especially if you already have a racial that gives you an expertise bonus with certain weapons. /cough Humans...
    Don't you mean Orcs?

10+ Year Old Account

Pick up some professions, replace your pvp gear, drop some hit. Ive noticed your blood, as blood exp cap is really important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

In all honesty, expertise doesn't really matter. In the Unholy DK BiS list, you have 5 expertise. It's not worth gemming or enchanting. You have about 3 globals to spare in each rotation, and unless you have the worst RNG in the world, you should not miss that much.

Also the BiS is not hit capped, but Draenei hit capped, the stats just aren't that valuable.

Blood Subspec: Hit > Strength > ArP > Haste >= Crit > Expertise > Agility
    Frost Subspec: Hit > Strength > Haste > ArP > Crit > Expertise > Agility

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-u...#ixzz0mVHdhMwZ