Bugged Crit chance?

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I've been finding a big problem in my DPS through instances and raids. I've got roughly 42% crit unbuffed in my ret set and I'm finding that 4/5 of Judgments cast are not critting and more often than not my other abilities aren't either.

Is this a coding issue? It seems to go away if I take my gear off and put it back on but that only serves as a temporary fix :S. I really don't want to say it's RNG because sitting at that much crit and missing that much DPS off of Judgment fluking is kind of embarressing to say the least.

Anyone else have this problem?

Re: Bugged Crit chance?

I've noticed my judgements not critting as often as well. Something like 54% crit raid buffed - the 5(?)% chance to not crit against a boss = RNG.

Just gotta muscle through it and pray to the RNG gods.

Belf. Again.

Thank god it's not just me. I'm trying to figure out what the issue is, it may be one of our talents but I'm not sure.

15+ Year Old Account

Also note, that against a Boss type mob, you are 4% less likely to crit with Melee attacks and 3% less likely to crit with Spell attacks- Although both are almost negated via HotC or Totem or Wrath, it is another factor to consider.

Ya I was thinking about that, but this issue, for me anyway, has been occuring only in the past week or two. I'm expertise capped and hit capped as well.

I've even noticed this occuring on regular trash mobs in instances and heroics.

ive had same issue before, and frankly made me feel like i'm slacking off some how at that moment..

'tis a sad day indeed

I noticed this as well. I just casually started attacking a target dummy (boss) and noticed my recount was putting me at 2,500-3,000 DPS. I was thinking surely recount was bugged, or it was in overall data. It was current fight, and I was getting absolutely no crits.

Dunno if it's just an issue of RNG being RNG, or if something is bugged. Probably the former. Considering ret is pretty crit reliant, a lack of it can really hurt. However, other times I got really really lucky with crits, and hit 9k DPS on fights like heroic DB ten man, a fight where I normally would only hit 7,400 or so.

I notice it sometimes.. I'm near 50% unbuffed.

I just figure RNG is RNG, most of the time it crits, but sometimes I'll get like 3 or 4 in a row that don't crit.

Click sig for armory!

Blizzard has stated (not sure where) that they tweak minor things in game every once in awhile without notifying players. For example, ever since I got my 4pt10, my ds hardly ever procs as opposed to when I was 2pt9 and 2pt10 it would proc all the time.

I haven't had issues, but I can definately tell when the RNG gods aren't rolling in my favor.
    “Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.”
    Please check out My Mixes

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpid
    Blizzard has stated (not sure where) that they tweak minor things in game every once in awhile without notifying players. For example, ever since I got my 4pt10, my ds hardly ever procs as opposed to when I was 2pt9 and 2pt10 it would proc all the time.

I haven't had issues, but I can definately tell when the RNG gods aren't rolling in my favor.
    They fixed the "SoC procs infinite DS procs" a long time ago :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    wat wan wai

wat wan wai

Deleted

so that's why i'm not a holy arms warrior in heroics...

oh well, let's get 4PT10 then... only 21 more emblems and either VoA or 95 emblems.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbreak
    Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I've been finding a big problem in my DPS through instances and raids. I've got roughly 42% crit unbuffed in my ret set and I'm finding that 4/5 of Judgments cast are not critting and more often than not my other abilities aren't either.

Is this a coding issue? It seems to go away if I take my gear off and put it back on but that only serves as a temporary fix :S. I really don't want to say it's RNG because sitting at that much crit and missing that much DPS off of Judgment fluking is kind of embarressing to say the least.

Anyone else have this problem?
    I've seen my judgements crit rate anywhere between 50 and 85%. But 20% from fight to fight you getting is certainly out of bad luck limits.

Please post a link to WoL log, so we can investigate.