Poll: Will YOU be going to the Cataclysm midnight release?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Will YOU be going to the Cataclysm midnight release?

Why/why not? :O

Personally I do it for the social aspect, it's fun talking with other people from your area that play WoW.
    \o\ \o> \o/ <o/ /o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Falric
    This pear... so delicious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzro
    Ugh, do they have English/American call centres or are they Indian?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Gravion

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Will YOU be going to the Cataclysm midnight release?

I did for TBC and Wotlk. I don't play nearly as hardcore nowadays though, so I think I'm gonna take my chances ordering over internet instead. From what I hear you can expect to get the game a day early, so unless you're unlucky you won't lose any time.

getting drunk off your ass and going into a mall after its closed = ftw

10+ Year Old Account

It'll probably be delivered to my front door the next morning while I'm either at work or doing some side-studies at the library. Gotta get up early if it's during the week!

I'd go though if I didn't have any commitments of such importance.

10+ Year Old Account

meh ill buy it at the local toys r us for 6 extra dollars a few days later because that place always has a large stock left over for god knows what reason

10+ Year Old Account

Hell yeah for WOLK i didn't have an affordable way to get home at that time, but i was still one of the first on, early opening stores ftw!
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

10+ Year Old Account

No i usally get games the day before the launch date so while everyone is waiting in the shops then rushing home causing car accidents i will be logged in playing just like i was in wotlk (kinda felt bad playing in northrend 4 hours before the actuall launch)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

At Mission Valley in San Diego I was the very first person in line for Wrath and I plan on being the very first person in line for Cata...11 hr wait FTW
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

Yes, I missed out the release of WotLK, due to RL duties, nearly got first 80 gnome on the server though, been playing mage back then.
    I won't miss the release of Cataclysm :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Yes i will me and my three Rl friends are going together hopefully i have my drivers liscense by then

I'll probably be sitting on my computer looking for a new guild, considering the new "raiding progression strategy" will pretty much kill my 25m guild. So I'm gonna go to the midnight release and then start bbm'ing or phoning certain friends in my guild.

The new change has pretty much made it so you don't need to socialize with large amounts of people, but instead can take your 9 friends and go touch eachother in a corner while you laugh at the mouthbreathers who die to fires.

Sorry for the derail.
    I'll hopefully be there with a ski mask and some good running shoes on, just in case I don't get my copy. Been practicing my football runs and quick grabs in advance.
    The key is strong quads.
    Lots of deadlifts and squats.
    Maybe hit on some sexy WoW girls there (if there are any, I haven't met any hot ones *sorry hot/sexy girls*)
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

While everyone waits in a long line at the local gamestore for for hours. I will go to wal mart pay and pick up in 5min.

Nope. I'll not be queuing for hours on end in what will probably be a cold and wet night.

I'll have it delivered on release day in the post and it will be waiting for me when I get home from work.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Deleted

I bought my key online for the WotLK Release, got it a few hours before the official release even. Will do it again for Cataclysm

I'll probably just get it delivered like wrath and burning crusade, only game I physically went to the store to by was the original and I "waited" a few days before I got it (didn't actually realise it was released until I saw it in the shops).

Yes. Will also buy the Collector's Edition this time too.

I wanted to do this for WotLK release, but after seeing the long queue, I kinda gave up. This time I'm just pre-ordering it.

Yeah I was there for TBC and WotLK and cant wait for the Cata release,I go to the local supermarket for my copy and pick up a load of junk food and red bulls to keep me going while I level up

Fo Sho my mates and I did it for BC and WOTLK, actually ended up going to a pub before hand and ending up too wasted to enjoy the experience to its fullest though :/

Was first pre-order for TBC and WOTLK. Went to midnight release for both.

Cata ? Meh.

Game makes the flavour vanilla look super exciting now. Might play cata, might not. I enoyed vanilla and tbc, wotlk was average.

Was a social thing for me as well. All my RL friends stopped playing or only play like 2 times a month haha. Make new friends and keep playing ? maybe.