Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Ret paladin engineering CD and gemming question.

DS also has the longer range and can hit from as far away as judgement does

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen
    DS also has the longer range and can hit from as far away as judgement does
    DS 8 yards; Judgement 10 Yards and you have absolutely no indication if you are really in range of ds

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    DS 8 yards; Judgement 10 Yards and you have absolutely no indication if you are really in range of ds
    You shouldn't need an indication, you should beable to tell how far away 8 yards is by now. Besides, the difference between 8 and 10 yards is 0.5 seconds, if that?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Happiness
    as for JW, it is not important, nor crucial for actual dps.
    troll more?

having a 100% uptime on JoW is important for ret, since we need that mana to keep DPS'ing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    troll more?

having a 100% uptime on JoW is important for ret, since we need that mana to keep DPS'ing.
    Prot paladins will usually open with JoW. In a 25 man raid setting, you CAN dps fine without JoW.

One phrase and I made this topic a field of arguing.

You shall continue with engineering cds now.

1. In my opinion you should use Hyperspeed Accelerators at start and after that always when it comes off the cd. BUT if you know that waiting for cds at some point (30%hp 15%hp etc.) won't hurt you, then you can wait for procs and stuff. Basic stuff mon.

2. You should gem 10str 10crit. NOT 10str 10haste even with taij. RAWR is just messing with you. Haste is sometimes better (When you get one extra hit in a short fight) but overall crit is better. So yah, go crit 8)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Smolz
    1. In my opinion you should use Hyperspeed Accelerators at start and after that always when it comes off the cd. BUT if you know that waiting for cds at some point (30%hp 15%hp etc.) won't hurt you, then you can wait for procs and stuff. Basic stuff mon.

2. You should gem 10str 10crit. NOT 10str 10haste even with taij. RAWR is just messing with you. Haste is sometimes better (When you get one extra hit in a short fight) but overall crit is better. So yah, go crit 8)
    They should never be off cooldown, unless you are saving them for a specific reason (example would be for Professor P3, where they should be off CD but you want to save it for Bl/Hero)- Otherwise you are essentially "wasting" the bonus by reducing it's uptime further.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    They should never be off cooldown, unless you are saving them for a specific reason (example would be for Professor P3, where they should be off CD but you want to save it for Bl/Hero)- Otherwise you are essentially "wasting" the bonus by reducing it's uptime further.
    Yes they can. Imagine a situation with around 45s match left and gloves coming out of cd right that moment. And If there's a situation when they pop out of cd and there is apprx. 100s match left. Then there's a reason for waiting procs and stuff. "How do you know that there is 100s match left". You just need to have teh eye for teh game. I don't count that as a "specific reason"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Smolz
    Yes they can. Imagine a situation with around 45s match left and gloves coming out of cd right that moment. And If there's a situation when they pop out of cd and there is apprx. 100s match left. Then there's a reason for waiting procs and stuff. "How do you know that there is 100s match left". You just need to have teh eye for teh game. I don't count that as a "specific reason"
    Umm could you re-phrase this? Im a bit confused.

Ok, the choise between starting with DS and starting with judgement is propably really small. Yes, you are "wasting" potential damage on your first judgement by doing it before the first SoV stack is up (which really isn't a lot of damage with 1 stack), but you're also wasting a shitty 1-stack seal proc on your first DS if you do that instead. There's a dozen other factors such as having DS on cooldown already for your first white swing so it can instantly be reset is nice, and that you're unlikely to have sunders up already but you propably will have CoE, so I think it'd be very hard to find the right answer here since you'd have to look at not just the first few seconds of the fight but the possible ramifications for your whole rotation for quite a bit forward.

I'll keep doing judgement first because it provides the buffs and it doesn't involve guess work as to whether I'm close enough to the boss already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Umm could you re-phrase this? Im a bit confused.
    I think he means that if you can use them just once more before the fight is over you should wait for procs/wings/ w/e. Because if they are ready the last 45 seconds of the fight it doesn't matter if you use them instantly, you're just going to be able to activate them once in the remaining time, so wait for CD's as long as you get the full 15 seconds out of them.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".