Feral druid aggro dump ability

i saw in the past few days alot of people saying give feral druid vanish or feign death
    but the solution is so much simple here what i think

Cower Rank 6
    20 Energy Melee Range
    Instant 1 minute cooldown

Requires Cat Form
    Cower, causing no damage but lowering your threat by 50%.

this should fix most of threat issues or if you prefer there is 2nd option

build in 30% threat reduction into one of the main feral talents
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Feral druid aggro dump ability

Yeah, and in that post MANY people stated the exact same thing that you just did.

... And yes, they should do the 2nd option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand
    Give this asap please!

Yep I really wish we got some kind of a threat dump, I hate doing heroics as dps with less geared tanks ever because I will always have aggro. :{

Passive threat reduction would be kind of strange. We already have -29% threat reduction in cat form, which is on par with other classes and if they were to make that kind of talents they might as well get rid of threat altogether.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand
    It's not in the talents. It's in one of our abilities.

Shift to catform. Hey presto! Instant innate 30% threat reduction.

Mind you, I'm not saying that's sufficient, but it does make you look kind of silly when asking for something we already have.

I have had troubles with threat with undergeared tanks / unskilled (about maximizing the threat rotation) tanks, but never had with top end geared tanks and rogues/hunters doing there job. They start with 20k threat/sec and manage to stay at an average of 10k/sec.

As a game play experience, I think using an active talent and monitoring threat is more interesting than a "cooked in never take threat" ability. An extra button to press is also a lot more fun than sitting there not pressing any buttons at all until the under-geared tank reestablishes aggro.

omg... yawn. Just wake me up when the time to roll on loot arrives, I just can't be bothered to stay awake until then.

active abilities are good
    reactive abilities are better
    passive abilities ... yuck

Yes, give me another button to watch in my rotation please! >.>

I think Blizzard is trying to fix the aggro issue in Cataclysm by giving the tanks the extra ap. Sorry can't remember exactly what it is, but isn't it that as the tank gets hit they get stacking ap up to 10% of their health? That is sure to help out, so that right there may be the answer to our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath
    It's not in the talents. It's in one of our abilities.

Shift to catform. Hey presto! Instant innate 30% threat reduction.

Mind you, I'm not saying that's sufficient, but it does make you look kind of silly when asking for something we already have.
    sorry i didnt made myself clear i meant another 30% from talents on top of the 29-30% reduction from cat form
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenn
    Yes, give me another button to watch in my rotation please! >.>

I think Blizzard is trying to fix the aggro issue in Cataclysm by giving the tanks the extra ap. Sorry can't remember exactly what it is, but isn't it that as the tank gets hit they get stacking ap up to 10% of their health? That is sure to help out, so that right there may be the answer to our problems.
    It's called Vengeance, but I'm not sure how much this fixes the issue as a well geared tank is never going to lose aggro 2 or 3 minutes into the fight. It's those first few seconds when one parried or missed attack can easily cause you to lose threat to the kitty that is hammering away at 13,000 dps. Vengeance is a stacking buff so that doesn't solve the issue of snap threat when the pull is made. TotT and MD are the counter to this, but if you are talking about a 5 man instance you are much less likely to have either of those abilities in your group. I'm a bear and I have no issues holding aggro, but I agree that cats should have a better aggro dump (Cower is nowhere near good enough).

15+ Year Old Account

get your tanks some skill. and get them some misdirections and tricks. you never ever should have threat problems, even if you hit berserk early at the start.

In raids feral druids have no threat issues if your guild is using tricks/md's properly. Even if you do a strong open and pull 18K dps for the first 20 seconds of the fight you shouldn't be able to pull aggro.

If you're complaining about 5 mans - who cares? Just cat tank the bosses and swipe spam trash dead. When everything dies in 10 seconds and you have 40%+ dodge it's trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalthazaar
    In raids feral druids have no threat issues if your guild is using tricks/md's properly. Even if you do a strong open and pull 18K dps for the first 20 seconds of the fight you shouldn't be able to pull aggro.

If you're complaining about 5 mans - who cares? Just cat tank the bosses and swipe spam trash dead. When everything dies in 10 seconds and you have 40%+ dodge it's trivial.
    This. In my guild I have 0 threat problems what so ever. Our hunters MD off every CD and our rogues tricks until the tanks have sufficient threat to where they can start giving tricks out to other rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben
    Vengeance is a stacking buff so that doesn't solve the issue of snap threat when the pull is made. TotT and MD are the counter to this
    it might not help with snap aggro, but they are making it so tanks can't roll their face on the keyboard and keep threat, but so that they can still keep it with some skill.. vengeance will help with this

TotT and MD are going to be scaled significantly down in Cata, Blizzard hates the threat boost on those moves. Actually if i recall TotT will only be a damage boost and MD will probably give 1/4 (made up number) of the threat it gives now.

We shouldn't need any sort of aggro dumb or reduction in Cata, Blizzard didn't scale tanks correctly in WotLK so thats why we can occasionally pull, but if they do it right i'll be fixed in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalthazaar
    Yeah, we sorta do. It's not as bad as, say fury warriors, but we could definitely use something more

If your guild is using tricks correctly, that means not using them on tanks except on the pull. Once threat is established it's better for raid DPS for the hunters to save the GCD, and rogues use tricks on other DPS, or save them for tank transitions or add pickups. Also, you're not going to be doing 18k DPS until 20s into the fight when you blow berserk. You don't have to worry about it on the pull cause our ramp-up time is fairly long