Deleted

My idea to provide equity in arenas while preserve the joy of effort.

People supporting this freegiving away of arena gear in Cata use the fact that people in Arena must be able to easily acquire their gear in order to prove their skills.How about this idea then!"Provisional"arena and battleground gear.

Within a designated,instanced area(this will take a load off the servers too) called "War Bestiary",available in each city,there will be vendors,selling for a small price,copies of each season's finest PvP gear.This gear will be called "Provisional XXXX item"(where XXXX add the pvp item name of your choice).

Provisional gear will be carbon copies of the best available PvP gear this season-only they look plain and bland,like leveling items.You can bring gems and enchant scrolls in the War Bestiary in order to enchant/gem them as you wish.There will be a little banker NPC holding a 30-slot bankspace in order for you to store them.

Provisional PvP gear will be only usable within Battlegrounds or Arenas.During Arena prep time there will be an exception to the"no equipping items"rule so that you can equip your provisional gear.

Of course,proper Gladiator gear will be issued regularly,with personal rating requirements etc etc.Nothing will change about them,they will be epic-looking and properly usable anywhere like any item.

So this will keep everyone happy:Everyone will be able to PvP with the best arena gear at any time,while skilled gladiators will be able to strut with the shiny,epic looking versions of them outside of Arena/Battlegrounds.Everyone will be issued the best gear to have a chance to win,but only the ones who deserve it will get their shiny versions,and use them anywhere they wish.

Re: My idea to provide equity in arenas while preserve the joy of effort.

Didnt read it. I do encourage others to do so though!

Mmm not so sure on this idea to be honest.

The simplest solution would be to gear match arena (like bgs are supposed to be but really arn't). This means people who are just entering into PVP will meet people of similar gear and so will win due to skill more than gear. The good players will get higher ratings get better gear and meet people of the same gear level they are at that point. The best players will win and go up the ladder and the average players will level out around the rating they should be at.

Its not fun to enter arena in leveling gear + basic pvp gear and get 2 shotted by people with wrathful shoulders and weapons playing at 1400 rating.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris

The simplest solution would be to gear match arena (like bgs are supposed to be but really arn't). This means people who are just entering into PVP will meet people of similar gear and so will win due to skill more than gear. The good players will get higher ratings get better gear and meet people of the same gear level they are at that point. The best players will win and go up the ladder and the average players will level out around the rating they should be at.

Its not fun to enter arena in leveling gear + basic pvp gear and get 2 shotted by people with wrathful shoulders and weapons playing at 1400 rating.
    The very same ppl would complain if matching was made purely on gear, because Gladiator will start playing on his alt with gear 1-2 seasons old and be completely destroying them when they have the same 1-2 season old gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft
    The very same ppl would complain if matching was made purely on gear, because Gladiator will start playing on his alt with gear 1-2 seasons old and be completely destroying them when they have the same 1-2 season old gear.
    So they would be getting beaten by a better player ? Instead of someone who just has better gear than them? If you loose because they are better players than you thats fine. If you loose because they outgear you so heavily that you have no chance in hell thats a problem.

I think this is a good idea, but there is one problem with it -It provides no reason to gear up. If you're always going to be matched against players with the same gear level as you, then buying stronger gear really doesn't put you at an advantage. Players could potentially reach Gladiator ratings without ever buying a piece of the current season's gear.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

So they would be getting beaten by a better player ? Instead of someone who just has better gear than them? If you loose because they are better players than you thats fine. If you loose because they outgear you so heavily that you have no chance in hell thats a problem.
    The people having trouble getting to 1800 are in that situation now, and look at the complaints!
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

This is pointless. Just play on the arena server.

Deleted

I think this is a good idea, but there is one problem with it -It provides no reason to gear up.
    You wanna be able to show your shiny [Unpolite Gladiator's Claymore] off in dalaran?Better start winning sum arenas then

My idea would be implementing E.P.E.E.N number
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/e...ral-interface/

Like that, angry guys will be able to compare their sizes among each other.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzorz
    My idea would be implementing E.P.E.E.N number
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/e...ral-interface/

Like that, angry guys will be able to compare their sizes among each other.
    The well dressed lawyer walks by the high school dropout, and the dropout says... 'Hey thats not fair!'