Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Battle.net, Cataclysm Badges, Blue posts

Neeto. Heres hoping that when this releases, A player of the opposite faction can't try to friend me or something and a window pops up while i'm trying to kill them. Would be annoying.

also

WORGEN GETS DRUID? WHY? THEY ARE WOLVES DO THEY NEED CAT/BEAR FORM?
    Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    My understanding is that deathwing will erupt from that pool and fly around squeaking, "Runescape! I was in Runescape! How do I get back to Runescape?!!"

Quote Originally Posted by nucz0r
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Rating requirements on, for example, weapons was pretty unpopular in the community.
    In the community of people that couldn't get 1800/2200 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting1800/2200end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1800/2200 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    True. Requirements are needed period. If there are no requirements then all PvP people will HAVE TO go PvE Heroic Raids to get their weapons since it will be 1 tier above it. If there are no rating requirements their will not be a tier 2 PvP weapon which is a fail.

What I don't understand is why are people gearing up for PvE with PvP gear? I see some fresh 80 scrub in a random BG, with 13k-17k HP and wonder why the hell they're in there. You can finish a Heroic in 10 minutes and get 4-6 Triumph badges. It will take far more BGs to get a piece of gear. Triumph badges are the ultimate form of welfare, yet there's actually people that don't know that and still think PvP is the way to get easy gear.

And the man that thought PvP gear should have ratings is gone (Tigole, Mr.Low-Self-Esteem). He didn't want people gearing up through PvP and having big shoulder armor (which he thought showed off the size of your dick), so he wanted ratings implemented to stop it. I certainly hope the ratings are being removed considering you get full tier 9 just by running Heroics.

The current system has a touch of the rich-get-richer syndrome where players who lack the ratings can’t get the most competitive gear and feel like they have no hope of competing. free for all ftw
    ppls dont want l2play in arena, crying about rating req. is easier ;D

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane
    You've only just noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane
    This made me lol

Will be great to see how each Troll and Worgen forms look though, really looking forward to that

Quote Originally Posted by izziebot
    Arena is a flawed and exclusive feature as is.

I'm not going to say that blizzard shouldn't 'reward' the hardcore for their hardcoreness, but for a while it was getting so stupid that everything was being catered to the 8% of players who play arena competitively as opposed to the 92% who don't.
    I enjoy BG's more than anything, it's my cup of tea. It's crap I don't get weapons for it when I did back at 60 BEFORE Arenas came and effed everything up.

Yea... cuz skill is based on the number of hours you stand in front of a PC...

FOR GOD SAKE the Arena concept is brilliant, You do not need to stay hours and hours and days in front of a PC to get in top PvP you need to win the minimum of 10 games per week. In order to win you must play in a good setup (true not all setups work) but more than that you need to be GOOD.

Last season I got to 2.1k on Rogue, Mage , Resto Shammy. Is it a excellent Setup ? NO but hell we played games and won them! And when I mean win games I don't mean doing 100 hours per week of PvP and get 50% victories like old days BGs. I mean a total of 200 games in a entire Season and win a huge chunk of them.

Just my 2 cents,

Shockamos, Grim Batol

Private chat rooms are something to consider for the future of the system. Initially you will be able to invite up to five friends into a conversation.
    This could be the platform to organize a dungeon with friends from other realms, and who knows if in the future, with friends from other factions.

I really don't like the way raiding is currently headed.

IMO The way they currently have it is perfect.

Why are rating requirements being removed?
    The current system has a touch of the rich-get-richer syndrome where players who lack the ratings can’t get the most competitive gear and feel like they have no hope of competing. Better players will still gear up much more quickly because they will have more points to spend. Rating requirements on, for example, weapons was pretty unpopular in the community.

Free gear for noobs!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenik
    Yea... cuz skill is based on the number of hours you stand in front of a PC...

FOR GOD SAKE the Arena concept is brilliant, You do not need to stay hours and hours and days in front of a PC to get in top PvP you need to win the minimum of 10 games per week. In order to win you must play in a good setup (true not all setups work) but more than that you need to be GOOD.

Last season I got to 2.1k on Rogue, Mage , Resto Shammy. Is it a excellent Setup ? NO but hell we played games and won them! And when I mean win games I don't mean doing 100 hours per week of PvP and get 50% victories like old days BGs. I mean a total of 200 games in a entire Season and win a huge chunk of them.

Just my 2 cents,

Shockamos, Grim Batol
    100% true.
    Free for all concept is fail. PLayers dont want it, pve players dont want it, pvp players dont want it. Player who is better (better=better skill, who know how play char, who have better guild / team or whatever) deserve better "gear", better dps in raids or more kills in BG. Rest of players have MOTIVATION for playing.

Mindless farming HC for emblems or farming BG for emblems (in cata) and buying gear without rat. req. is so booooooooooooooooooooooooring.
    Maybe time to leave wow and focus SC2 ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoyll
    You've only just noticed?
    The best part is I KNEW they would be a druid. The sad part is.. I didn't realize they would get a cat/bear form for WHATEVER reason that got blocked in my mind (Mainly the whole being a wolf thing, ya know)
    Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    My understanding is that deathwing will erupt from that pool and fly around squeaking, "Runescape! I was in Runescape! How do I get back to Runescape?!!"

I think that the lower tier of pvp weapons should be obtainable without ratings but there should still be one that did require it.

I can see the point of there being better gear in 25 man but sharing the same lockout seems silly. Why not just have the same level loot in 10 and 25 man but not share the same lockout? Even though people will be getting the same gear each time at least they would get extra emblems/points. For example my guild has just enough players to do a weekly 25 man in ICC, however there is no way we would progress in 25 man until all players are familiar with the encounters they had learned in 10 man. Its not fair to bring a new player or 2 to a 25 man raid and have them wipe the whole group until they are familiar with it. If you are just limited to 10 or 25 man raids then most guilds won't be doing 25 man for a very long time if at all. Why are you trying to kill 25man raiding this way? Is it really that big of a deal that players can get extra emblems / points from doing 2 raids a week? I think not!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qsubt05
    The current system has a touch of the rich-get-richer syndrome where players who lack the ratings can’t get the most competitive gear and feel like they have no hope of competing. free for all ftw
    ppls dont want l2play in arena, crying about rating req. is easier ;D
    Or they do want to get that rating, but play a woefully inadequate class/spec combination and don't want to have to play a different spec *IE Healers vs DPS* just to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffY187
    I can see the point of there being better gear in 25 man but sharing the same lockout seems silly. Why not just have the same level loot in 10 and 25 man but not share the same lockout? Even though people will be getting the same gear each time at least they would get extra emblems/points. For example my guild has just enough players to do a weekly 25 man in ICC, however there is no way we would progress in 25 man until all players are familiar with the encounters they had learned in 10 man. Its not fair to bring a new player or 2 to a 25 man raid and have them wipe the whole group until they are familiar with it. If you are just limited to 10 or 25 man raids then most guilds won't be doing 25 man for a very long time if at all. Why are you trying to kill 25man raiding this way? Is it really that big of a deal that players can get extra emblems / points from doing 2 raids a week? I think not!!!
    If they had the same level loot but didn't share a lockout, you'd have people geared up and done with the dungeon in a week.

There is now going to be a dedicated progression, you only do 10s or you only do 25s. You wouldn't be able to "learn the fight" on 10 man before going into 25, as for one, they would wipe just as much in 10s as they would in 25 since the difficulty will be tuned tighter and for two you wouldn't be able to grab 8 25 man geared folks to train the two people by outgearing the fight.

And let's face it, if two people are killing your 25 man encounter, you have bigger issues.

15+ Year Old Account

Finally clarification that Trolls and Worgen are getting CAT and BEAR ... will the inane threads stop? Probably not.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Leftineus
    Finally clarification that Trolls and Worgen are getting CAT and BEAR ... will the inane threads stop? Probably not.
    But why does a wolf need a cat form is the question you need to ask...

Why are rating requirements being removed?
    The current system has a touch of the rich-get-richer syndrome where players who lack the ratings can’t get the most competitive gear and feel like they have no hope of competing. Better players will still gear up much more quickly because they will have more points to spend. Rating requirements on, for example, weapons was pretty unpopular in the community.
    In the... scrub community? The ones that are horrible but still feel entitled to the same weapons that I can earn, but they can't.

Deleted

Had my doubts over the homogenisation of classes in Cata.

But finally the raid setup looks greats.

I think the goal of the 10/25 man raids is perfect, and I don't think it will be like now with 10 man being the easier version of 25 man, personally I think 10 man will be more punishing on tanks/healers at least.

But if gives the option at least, that if you can't manage a 25 man that week, that a 10 man is available, for the same reward.

Still, one issue I am far from convinced on is rated BG's. I don't think there is a value in "rating" puggers, since you will get lucky morons killing for the sake of killing with no idea/effort put towards winning.

One last thing on PvP weapons, this game is meant to be approachable from any points, its why people still play it, they can take a break and come back after 6 months, and it takes them <a couple of weeks to get up to speed. That's good, provides healthy competition. While anyone whining about "bad" players getting good weapons in pvp is quite foolish, are they afraid of being beaten by "bad" players? (maybe only the top 10 teams should be allowed to use pvp gear, and all the people who have no chance at gaining rewards, having no chance at gaining no rewards)