Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Battle.net, Cataclysm Badges, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannoTitan
    I love how they basically said "Oh yes we know everyone is wetting themselves over the news. They'll get over it".

Well played, Blizzard. Well played.
    Only question remaining is, why. Catering to that fraction of "strict 10 man raiders" who cant sleep at night horrid by fact that 25 man raiders get better loot?

Simply sharing the lockout would have kept people separate. 25 raiders couldnt use 10s to practice, nor could they rolfstomp 10 mans in 25 gear and talk about "10 mans are way too easy". (While 10 man raids are inherently easier on most encounters.).
    They wanted to battle gear inflation? That with above makes announced change a "elegant solution", but still, it could have been done otherwise.

10M Tier 11 iL 300
    10M HC Tier 11 iL 304
    25M Tier 11 iL 308
    25M HC Tier 11 iL 312

10M Tier 12 iL 313... and so on.

It can all be same loot with different stats to ease the design. And they have to design and test and fine tune 4 different encounters anyway, 10M, 10M HC, 25M, 25M HC... no matter the gear they are different encounters number wise.

Anyway, keeping iL separation from 10M normal to 25M HC gear to 14 or 16 at most, we could end Cata with 5 tiers of gear ending up iL 380. Tightening it to 10 or 12 (and maybe making 10M HC = 25M normal) 5 tiers of gear end with iL 360

I cant make a decision on whether I like or dislike the changes to 10/25s =/

The only reason 10s feel easier than 25s is because they arent balanced appropriately (They say they will) and you can use better gear from the 25s to roflstomp them. I do feel 25 should have a worthwhile incentive other than it "feeling more epic" because thats just a lame excuse in itself. I believe its a lot more difficult to find 24 people in the first place and to rely on each and every single one of them the do their job correctly than just relying on 9 people in a 10m. What is even more difficult is trying to coordinate with and strategize with 24 other people vs 9 other people in a 10m encounter.

Another thing that separates them for a few fights is the distance requirements and spacing needed for some encounters. It is a lot easier to find a spot in a 10m for Saurfang than in 25m.

Will the maps scale with raid size?

I really like the way raiding is now because its all I've known since I started raiding 9/2009. I love how 10m can actually help your gearing by being able to find something that has the exact stats you want that might not be available in a 25m encounter. (Reforging hopefully solves this issue)

I really hope Blizz can find a better incentive to doing 25m content other than the opinion of it "feeling more epic". I'm pretty confident they will though =)

My suggestions:
    Make legendary items available to 25m only
    Vanity awards (Ironbound Protos etc.)
    Force attunements for 10m but not 25m
    Add extra bosses to 25m with same tier level items
    Add small bonuses to gear (procs or effects)
    Add unique changes for the content (25m LK vs H25m LK Frostmourne room)

It really appears the main concern 10m raiders and Blizz have are the loot differences between differing player size in raids,
    IMO just add more cool shit to 25m and ppl will at least be satisfied.

The cataclysm version of Naxxramas?!?!? Oh god, haven't we left that junk behind ?!
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps
    The cataclysm version of Naxxramas?!?!? Oh god, haven't we left that junk behind ?!
    No they mean its equivalent, they worded it in a way that stupid people would not understand it.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousFox
    From the way it looks, yes. You will be able to communicate with friends in any game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn
    If it works one way, it likely works the other.

Owning the game doesn't really matter, it's a social medium outside of the games.
    kk,thanks
    a cash cow is well established brand, business unit, product, or service, that generates a large, regular, predictable, and positive cash flow. Cash cows are often 'milked' for developing, promoting, or supporting new or struggling counterparts.

Signs of a cash cow

* Product variations
    * Customer segmentation
    * Pricing flexibility
    * Cost reduction
    * Targets specific competitor

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Also production cost goes down, delivery time goes down, instant play, lower cost.
    You're probably going to consider this rude, so I'll apologize ahead of time.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAAHA

Prices aren't going to go down one goddamned red cent. They're only going to go up. The fact that games on STEAM are the same prices (barring sales) as they would be in a completely physical package should tell you that right there.

[quote=Boubouille ]
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

We would like to do this in the future, but it likely won't be ready at release. You can block a Battle.net account, but that won't block all characters on that account's World of Warcraft license from messaging you. It's a technical limitation between the two systems which we'd like to overcome in time.
    Hope this will be included asap nothing is more irritating than some jerk whispering you for 2 hours on different alts cause you killed him :-X .

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

The term 'points' is not RP enough for PvE
    This is a legitimate concern and something we struggled with. On the other hand, one of the problems we kept running into with the current badges was granularity -- you can’t offer half a badge the way you can offer 1, 3 or 5 points. Depending on your perspective, you can argue that your character “earning”; valor for defeating an enemy makes more sense in the game world than the dragon having all of these badges on its corpse.
    Lol, what?

PvE doesn't care about "RP".... We care about points.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK
    I cant make a decision on whether I like or dislike the changes to 10/25s =/

The only reason 10s feel easier than 25s is because they arent balanced appropriately (They say they will) and you can use better gear from the 25s to roflstomp them. I do feel 25 should have a worthwhile incentive other than it "feeling more epic" because thats just a lame excuse in itself. I believe its a lot more difficult to find 24 people in the first place and to rely on each and every single one of them the do their job correctly than just relying on 9 people in a 10m. What is even more difficult is trying to coordinate with and strategize with 24 other people vs 9 other people in a 10m encounter.

Another thing that separates them for a few fights is the distance requirements and spacing needed for some encounters. It is a lot easier to find a spot in a 10m for Saurfang than in 25m.

Will the maps scale with raid size?

I really like the way raiding is now because its all I've known since I started raiding 9/2009. I love how 10m can actually help your gearing by being able to find something that has the exact stats you want that might not be available in a 25m encounter. (Reforging hopefully solves this issue)

I really hope Blizz can find a better incentive to doing 25m content other than the opinion of it "feeling more epic". I'm pretty confident they will though =)

My suggestions:
    Make legendary items available to 25m only
    Vanity awards (Ironbound Protos etc.)
    Force attunements for 10m but not 25m
    Add extra bosses to 25m with same tier level items
    Add small bonuses to gear (procs or effects)
    Add unique changes for the content (25m LK vs H25m LK Frostmourne room)

It really appears the main concern 10m raiders and Blizz have are the loot differences between differing player size in raids,
    IMO just add more cool shit to 25m and ppl will at least be satisfied.
    The whole point is allowing players to do what they want and giving reasonable rewards for similarly tuned content. If you give super special rewards to people who do 25s, then no one will want to do 10s. 25s have more people, so all they need is a slightly bigger reward (2.5 times gear, slightly extra "valor points"). They're trying to strike a balance between incentivizing 25 mans and making it the only option. Putting legendaries in 25 mans would pretty much make it the only option.

Putting in legendaries that start as quest drops from hard modes would be much more reasonable than as drops in normal 25 man play. Legendaries should be legendary.

Hooray for global ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Why are rating requirements being removed?
    The current system has a touch of the rich-get-richer syndrome where players who lack the ratings can’t get the most competitive gear and feel like they have no hope of competing. Better players will still gear up much more quickly because they will have more points to spend. Rating requirements on, for example, weapons was pretty unpopular in the community.

And won't this bring back the issues of people gearing weapons through PvP for raiding?
    PvP equipment spends a chunk of its budget on resilience so it’s always going to be sub-optimal for PvE compared to equivalent raiding gear. We don’t mind players using PvP gear in PvE (or vice versa) as long as it’s a stepping stone towards getting more appropriate gear.
    I like it, this may actually make me reactivate my subscription.

Deleted

The term 'points' is not RP enough for PvE
    This is a legitimate concern and something we struggled with. On the other hand, one of the problems we kept running into with the current badges was granularity -- you can’t offer half a badge the way you can offer 1, 3 or 5 points. Depending on your perspective, you can argue that your character “earning”; valor for defeating an enemy makes more sense in the game world than the dragon having all of these badges on its corpse.
    :/ In the game world, wolves carry daggers around and bears carry chestpieces. Maybe Blizzard haven't realised this yet. And they get confused in their own lore and I swear bits of lore in places are even just missing completely. They don't care about us RPers and Lore-fans. :c

Druid (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Worgen/Troll Cat and Bear Forms
    We're working to get unique art for worgen and troll druid cat and bear forms. As with the current races' cat and bear forms, these two forms for worgen and trolls should feel unique to each race, but still not stray entirely from cat and bear forms. That's the current plan anyway. (Source)
    And, even though I did expect it, I still find werewolves with bear and cat forms kinda weird.

I wonder how many of the people that say that 10m is the "easy" version of 25m have done them with gear coming only from 10m progression path.
    Of course it is easy when you're running it with one tier higher than you're supposed to... but I remember clearly that firefighter, yogg saron with 1 keeper, algalon, anub'arak heroic and so forth were pretty nice and rewarding fights when you finally managed to beat them.

Also, to all those that think that 10m is always easier than 25m, i wish to recall you OS 3 drakes.

10+ Year Old Account

what about tree form!
    I found myself in Wonderland.

We know there are a lot of players out there who just prefer to raid 10s but felt like we didn’t deliver on our promise to let them just raid 10s.
    Am I tripping here when I think that the majority of RAIDERS prefer 25-mans, not only because of the loot, but because of complexity and synergy between classes? Being the only rogue in raid kinda sucks tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    If they had the same level loot but didn't share a lockout, you'd have people geared up and done with the dungeon in a week.

There is now going to be a dedicated progression, you only do 10s or you only do 25s. You wouldn't be able to "learn the fight" on 10 man before going into 25, as for one, they would wipe just as much in 10s as they would in 25 since the difficulty will be tuned tighter and for two you wouldn't be able to grab 8 25 man geared folks to train the two people by outgearing the fight.

And let's face it, if two people are killing your 25 man encounter, you have bigger issues.
    What an absolute load of rubbish! People atm can do 10 and 25 man and do they get all loot within a week? NO!!!
    All I am saying is compared to now, instead of making it really hard to get emblems/points by sharing lockouts why not just make it a little bit harder by having same loot in the raids but don't share the same lockout. Really seems pointless killing off 25 man raiding and making it a lot harder to gear up!

It won't be any "harder to gear up", no matter what happens. It will still be "grind heroics for gear to enter current tier", "do dailies to get current tier gear".

looks cool cant wait to see it when i get wow back :'(