Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: A fourth talent-tree

Stop taking this shit so damn seriously folks. I like some of these ideas. Stop trying to act like these are changes about to be implemented and lighten up a little. Still not sure why people feel the need to act so abrasive towards those enjoying a game and having some fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    Not 30 specs, it's worse. You can pick any two trees out of 3, so the resulting combinations should be around 30! (factorielle de 30)

I'm curious btw, how would you calculate how many specs to balance if you added one tree to each?
    Instead of 3*10 its 4*10?

15+ Year Old Account

What I would like is a rework of Demo to be similar to Feral only more specialized.

Imagine, at your 41 point talent you get Demon form(as it currently is) then there are 2 talents branching off
    talent 1:
    Requires Demon Form
    Requires 0 points In Improved Demon Form 2
    Increases Damage dealt by 15%
    Reduces damage taken by 6%
    Reduces threat generated by 10% (because Demo NEEDS this)
    permanent form

Talent 2:
    Requires Demon Form
    Requires 0 points In Improved Demon Form 1
    Increases Armor by 800%
    Reduces chance to be hit or critcally hit by 6%
    Increases threat Generated by 80%
    cool new demon melee abilities

Basically you would have to choose to spec into either a better damage Demon Form or a tank Demon Form, similar as to how Feral chooses between DPS and Tank, only Demo would be more restrictive between the two
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Warrior: Tincan - aka dps with 2 shields

Shaman: Totemic - throw totems at your enemy gaining combo points. Each talent upgrades a certain spell by giving it some kind of new effect and combo pts make it stronger.

Warlock: Necrophile - basically your pet takes control over you, you get new spells and your pet goes passive berserk.

Hunter: Duke Nuke'em - 2 guns, one in each hand.

Paladin: GOD - 20 people sacrifice you in combat giving you uberheal abilities, stationary, talents give you extra spells. (non-offensive)

Mage: Phase Matter - you get algalon's big bang, you can summon void zones and black holes in which people can hide but take dmg, just like algalon in uld 8)

Rogue: Sacrificial - you use your health as energy, stuff costs more energy to compensate, original energy goes to focus - more focus more dmg on finishers.

Druid: Intensity - healing aspect - aoe hots, make plants that heal stuff around and give dmg/haste buffs, more reg, while in tree form small trees can come out of you if specced.

Priest: Aspiration - heal grip, aoe shield like AMZ, some talents for major dmg reduction on self as passive, making you unkillable lol

Death knight: Hysteria - focused on dual wield 1handers, super speed like 0.3-0.4, runic power makes your finishers stronger, all your runes are converted to death runes and all rune abilities are doubled the required rune. and you also get lets say 3 ghouls permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hynee
    Some good ideas in there. I would rather just see dual-spec upgraded to tri-spec though.
    This. I still end up re-speccing all the time even with dual spec. Should prolly cost more than the dual spec. Up it from 1k to 2k or even 5k.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    some of these seem very forced.
    Kind of have to agree here. These ideas are kind of a reminder as to why Blizzard only has three specs for each class--there's only so many completely unique concepts for specs. Most of these ideas, while interesting, I think would actually feel really, really redundant in game.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

10+ Year Old Account

interesting ideas.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I like it.

But, being a Paladin, I don't want to see dual-wielding Pallies.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

No...
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn
    Warrior:Fury

Shaman:Restoration

Warlockestruction

Hunter:Beast Mastery

Paladin:Retribution

Mage:Arcane

Rogue:Combat

Druid:Feral

Priesticipline

Death Knight:Blood

This is what I saw when I read your suggestions...
    I can agree on some of those similaritys, like warrior and Death Knight, but those are there to replace/reinvent old specs. I know some people miss the old fury and some people would like to dps with something similar to blood, and thats why those ideas felt natural. So yea they are suppose to be fury/blood in a way :P

The shaman spec would be as different as disc and holy is from each other now.

The warlock would be a semi-desto(the fire) semi-demo(the pet) spec and I think it would be possible to make the play style kinda different from how doest is atm. And to be fair most of the mage/warlock specs is pretty similar to each other since the only thing they do is casting spells on range :P

The beast within tree would be kinda different from beast mastery, instead of controlling the pet and fight side by side with it, you would merge with it and the playsyle would be far more different from BM then say MM and Surv is today.

The retri specc is kinda low on imagination meter I agree, but If you think about it, it would still deffer more in play style then say assassination and subtlety does today.

The mage idea was boring but the warter-magic idea that was suggestion is better I think but its hard to come up with a new tree for a class that has three so similar talent-trees already and its basically only doing one thing.

My rogue talent tree is more similar to assassination or subtlety but to bring some kind of range into the class is a very huge step away from the current talent-trees, if its a good idea on the other hand is a different thing :P

The viper-form would be more like a hunter and thus more like a second moonkin tree but so I´m really sure about the feral-reference.

The offensive holy magic tree would of course be simulator to disc and holy (since it uses the same type of magic), but as I said offensive, and it would be a far far step away from the current defensive priest trees as its a whole new role.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

making games more complicated isnt blizzards aim.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull
    What I would like is a rework of Demo to be similar to Feral only more specialized.

Imagine, at your 41 point talent you get Demon form(as it currently is) then there are 2 talents branching off
    talent 1:
    Requires Demon Form
    Requires 0 points In Improved Demon Form 2
    Increases Damage dealt by 15%
    Reduces damage taken by 6%
    Reduces threat generated by 10% (because Demo NEEDS this)
    permanent form

Talent 2:
    Requires Demon Form
    Requires 0 points In Improved Demon Form 1
    Increases Armor by 800%
    Reduces chance to be hit or critcally hit by 6%
    Increases threat Generated by 80%
    cool new demon melee abilities

Basically you would have to choose to spec into either a better damage Demon Form or a tank Demon Form, similar as to how Feral chooses between DPS and Tank, only Demo would be more restrictive between the two
    This is the kinds of post I like to see, some ideas on how to evolve the classes! Only like 1/4 of the people posting in this tread understands this is nothing too serious, its just some thoughts

It would be really cool having demon-tank, do you think of it like a tank using range-casting spells or more of tank like the others using mele blows?

10+ Year Old Account

Nice idea, but it would take SOOO much work to balance it with every other talent tree in the game.

Good concept though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

To be honest, these ideas are awesome. But some of them really sound homogenizing. Also, blizzard still has problems balancing currents specs, am extra eleven might kill them.

IF you want my honest oppinion, something more like this;

Rogue - Illusion
    The Rogue focuses on controlling combat with in combat saps, frequent vanishes, combat from stealth BUT at the cost of most hard-hitting abilities.

Paladin - Sanctification
    The Paladin trains in groupwide protective magics while not being able to take a world of damage themselves or deal a whole lot of damage. Decreases cooldowns on "Hand" abilities and increases their effectiveness by a small ammount.

Death Knight - Death
    The Death Knight focuses on being able to cast their basic abilities as fast as possible in rapid succession while generation large amounts of runic power. No new special strike, but a new presence to increase the damage abilities deal when cast with a Death Rune (moreso than Blood Presence)

Mage - Transmutation
    The Mage gains the ability to buff melee/ranged to become significantly large/smaller to increase the power/speed. The mage can transform his/herself into a demon form-esque state (fading into the ethereal plane) where their arcane, spellfire and spellfrost damage done is increased significantly while decreasing their chance to be hit.

Shaman - Totemic
    The Shaman has more control over their totems, their effects and effectivness. Healing Stream Totems can be consumed (recalled) to restore a percent of the damage healed to all targets. Fire totems could be used for various effects such as the Fire Elemental is sacrificed to allow the shaman to cast Lava Blast instantly or the Grounding totem could absorb a channeled AoE effect (Rain of Fire, Blizzard, Volley) or a cast one (Concecration, Death and Decay)

Warrior - Gladiator
    The Warrior gains the ability to control combat and attack multiple targets, not with spinning around like a psycho, but leaping from target to target, attacking rapidly and then finishing with a devastating attack and moving to the next target. The weapon focus would shift from Two-handers and 1hand shields to DWing Daggers, fist weapons and swords. Attack speed would be intergral to their strikes and allowing them to "finish" faster.

Warlock - Devastation
    A more extreme form of Demonolgy, but with the focus more on turning the warlock from a ranged-focussed class to a close range attacker. Demonform would shift over from Demonolgy to this tree and become more of a "form" like druids. Demon form would have a myriad of abilities to quickly move around the battle field (Demonic Leap, Flame Crash, Dark Rush) and become more of an ability to get to minimum range to cast close-range spells. Shadowbolt would gain a range bonus, standing closer to the target would increase the damage dealt and immolate would have a chance to spread to other targets when the primary target takes damage. Demon Form would also be a viable form of crowd control with an ability called "Grapple" where their rush towards an enemy and incapacitate themselves and the enemy, both would be taking moderate damage that could be healed and the crowd control would be removeable via damage other than damage taken by Grapple, PvP Trinket and Form Shifting.

I can't really think of anything for Hunters, Druids or Priests since most of the abilities are covered and they can take many roles in combat,

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Deleted

Actually, with mages I'd go with "white" instead of lightning..

You know, minor healing spells "they still cant raid heal but maybe like ret paladin", some lightning spells and magey stuff like rain of frogs, rainbow, turn to stone, etc.

As for warriors, I'd actually prefer a "soldier" or "knight" type of tree, DPS, but with 1h and shield.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kravien
    This is the kinds of post I like to see, some ideas on how to evolve the classes! Only like 1/4 of the people posting in this tread understands this is nothing too serious, its just some thoughts

It would be really cool having demon-tank, do you think of it like a tank using range-casting spells or more of tank like the others using mele blows?
    Haven't decided yet. a casting tank would be cool but hard to work out (can't effectibely tank while kiting for example). the best way to do it would for it to be mainly melee with a couple insta/very quick casts to still give it lock flair
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    Actually, with mages I'd go with "white" instead of lightning..

You know, minor healing spells "they still cant raid heal but maybe like ret paladin", some lightning spells and magey stuff like rain of frogs, rainbow, turn to stone, etc.

As for warriors, I'd actually prefer a "soldier" or "knight" type of tree, DPS, but with 1h and shield.

So mages are like Moses?
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

Anatidae

warriors Knight: uses a shield and weapon(2h/1h??) to do dps. Thats what i like to see

3 are quite enough but your ideas arent bad, some of them arent very original though.