Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm: The Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by revealed
    Isn't "Zalazane's" like level 10? Just capture Hogger and send him over there, he'll go ape shit!! ;D
    The real zalazane's actually raid-boss power, the ones we always killed were trolls hexxed to look like him

We're going to need the help of vol'jin, the tiger loa zintabra, and the watcher of the darkspear dead to defeat him for good

Also, something I caught about that bit with the horde's politics, could this mean there's more anger at garrosh's rise to power than just from the playerbase?
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Veinlash
    Funny, I was just thinking the same thing...
    really they look nothing like that ol Isle....

the isle looked exactly like northern STV near the border to Darkshore.

this look completely brand new.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Are those low-level training dummies in there? Now there's something else to look forward to!
    Yet Another Victim of Rampant Individuality

That looks awesome. May have to roll a troll (or at least hang out there with a Goblin).

Quote Originally Posted by tobokke
    So that is supposed to be the racial city for Trolls? With an Auction house and bank??
    no it will be like valley of trials or northshire abbey, just a 1-5 place, which is a shame really, these look great and its a pity we'll only get to experiance them for like 30 minutes, I guess there couldnt be much done on that though

only question though is if this is just a starting area will voljin be there ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojoez
    Just remember, when life's a sour bitch... Make some bitching lemonade! :P

this looks fantastic
    absolutely great

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Punks
    really they look nothing like that ol Isle....

the isle looked exactly like northern STV near the border to Darkshore.

this look completely brand new.
    Well, not that much alike... It more reminded me of it.

Wow.. Alliance better get gnomer as a city instead of just the surface if trolls are getting the whole island as a city.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Quote Originally Posted by Zulsokana
    Wow, look at that water!
    And my video card falls over from overheating... But seriously, is that the windows openGL client? or? because a bunch of us use that one, still no new shadows there. I wonder if cata will bring a DX10/11 client, or maybe just switch compleatly to OGL3.2.

Looking forward to leveling a Troll Rogue or perhaps, a shaman! /bring on da woodoo mon!

PS: To all the people being amazed by the new water effects - do you really measure the quality of water effects in WoW just by comparing it to the one we have atm? It sure looks better but damn, it's on the level of Fable 1 graphics (and that even had little waves, splashes if you fiddle around it)... I doubt WoW: Cataclysm water effects will ever have that xD

Brock2525

Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    Wow.. Alliance better get gnomer as a city instead of just the surface if trolls are getting the whole island as a city.
    Echo Isles isn't a city. Think Deathknell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac

Looks incredible. The graphics are gorgeous compared to what we usually expect with WoW and the questing experience will no doubt be pretty awesome.
    Defiantly agree on the graphics they truly look epic
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

Awesome.
    I like the politics thing....

I hope they do a retaking of ogrimmar quest with phasing and everything!
    It's just a game.

I wouldnt get hopes up for the graphics... they could just be well rendered and edited screenshots
    It's just a game.

excellent news for my upcoming troll druid ;D

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK
    I really believe Blizz likes Horde more than Alli =(

G4trolls I suppose, the GFX look really sick

CANT WAIT FOR GNOMEREGAN RELEASE!!!!
    They sure do , you didnt even see Gnomeregan yet... and you got a whole Harbor in Stormwind in Woltk we got a new Zepelin tower...they work for their game to get better not for a specific class or factions to have advantage over the other.

This is a new starting zone, not a capital city.

I repeat.

THIS IS NOT A CAPITAL CITY. The capital city for the Trolls will still be OGRIMMAR.

That said:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/.../echoisles.xml
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Looks awesome. I just hope the questing experience through Durtar is a hell of a lot better than it is now. I loathe creating a new orc/troll because I hate Durotar. And getting them to Tirisfal/Eversong/Mulgore is horrid as it takes about 15 minutes to get from Valley of Trials to Durotar.

But this info on the trolls looks awesome. And I love the way the new Echo Isles looks. Just curious about the boat, though.

Brock2525

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    Awesome.
    I like the politics thing....

I hope they do a retaking of ogrimmar quest with phasing and everything!
    I think it would be neat if they had players choose a side (Garrosh or Vol'jin) and you were hostile to whomever chose the other side. Then you could actually feel like there was a true uprising when fighting other players and NPCs.

is it me or do the target dummy on one picture wear tiki masks? awesome stuff btw